Sign in to follow this  
rsdirt12a

Ed Bitting Who!?! Hope Deyo reads!

Races were over,all cars in victory lane,security wouldn't let anybody over,not even the zemken clan! I wasn't even crossing but had to watch the ridiculous about to insue. Ed Bitting(sorry if that's spelled wrong)and his wife tried to cross and they wouldn't even let them through. Anybody and everybody knows,that his pre race speeches about the greatness of Fonda coming back to the light. But these people hired didn't have any idea who he was after he gave a great speech earlier before the start of the races. I was just amazed how Un Fan friendly this race weekend was especially after that security vs fans & DTD. PS: Would have made a fortune under ran delay if you had food available,people waited in lines to be told NO food! PSS: Ray Z.- I would have loved to have see you climb that fence like you started too!LoL

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rsdirt12a said:

Races were over,all cars in victory lane,security wouldn't let anybody over,not even the zemken clan! I wasn't even crossing but had to watch the ridiculous about to insue. Ed Bitting(sorry if that's spelled wrong)and his wife tried to cross and they wouldn't even let them through. Anybody and everybody knows,that his pre race speeches about the greatness of Fonda coming back to the light. But these people hired didn't have any idea who he was after he gave a great speech earlier before the start of the races. I was just amazed how Un Fan friendly this race weekend was especially after that security vs fans & DTD. PS: Would have made a fortune under ran delay if you had food available,people waited in lines to be told NO food! PSS: Ray Z.- I would have loved to have see you climb that fence like you started too!LoL

Security vs Fans & DTD? Huh? What the hell is that all about?  I wasn't even there and my first thoughts are at least Management had the foresight to "beef up" security a little bit. I agree that its a shame that security didn't even know who the press was. Poor Ed. He contributes a lot. So what was it that security did wrong? Im sure they were told to make their presence known. Did they go overboard in some way? Please be honest in your response.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, rsdirt12a said:

PS: Would have made a fortune under ran delay if you had food available,people waited in lines to be told NO food! 

Yeah and if it didnt rain they would have been stuck with a bunch of left over food. Food costs the track money to purchase. It isn't free and is a cost to the track. Not like they have another race this year. I'm sure they did their best to predict the right amount to have on hand. Nobody is perfect. Not even Sheppard (sorry had to go there since he was a few lbs light at the scales)

Happy racer, 

ive told this to different promoters before and they all say that’s a great idea I never thought of that!!! 

If im running the last race of the year and it’s a huge event I’m not running out of food!!!!!

go to your suppliers and say look I need a trailer staged on site with extra food supplies in case I need. Do you think Renzi food supplies would want to sell 1000 extra hot dogs possibly or Coke sell 1500 extra drinks. If your supplier isn’t willing to be there to support your biggest events I’d be looking for another supplier  cause service is everything. 

I will give Can am credit when the races were still going on at 2:30 in the morning pretty much everything for food and drinks was available.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, happyracer said:

Yeah and if it didnt rain they would have been stuck with a bunch of left over food. Food costs the track money to purchase. It isn't free and is a cost to the track. Not like they have another race this year. I'm sure they did their best to predict the right amount to have on hand. Nobody is perfect. Not even Sheppard (sorry had to go there since he was a few lbs light at the scales)

This makes complete sense to me.  According to land of legends face book they also ran out of food last night.  Just beer and soda at the track to today. 

I have been to plenty of tracks.  And  all of them when they run their last race of year do not want to have food left over.  And if for some reason it looks like a track  will have food left over?   Then count on the show dragging on a little longer than normal that night. 

Also, when  you have no racing going on for two hours while it  is raining.  Chances are the concessions will be more busy than normal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Since you have decided not to respond to what it was that caused you to voice your opinion about the security issues and the place being "Un Fan friendly", how was the race?

1st off,race was over,the July 3rd race 1/2 the crowd went across the track at the end of the race-maybe to make it look good for tv. 2nd off,ALL year long they let people cross for pictures,especially the WINNERS family,thus the Zemkens weren't allowed over and that's why Ray was going to climb the fence. Either do it the same all year or don't do it at all. 3rd off,they would tell fans one thing and change it without letting them know(blanket policy). And last thing,hot dogs and hamburgers don't cost that much even if you have left overs. Like the one guy said have a food trailer for the weekend since it's your biggest weekend.

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Since you have decided not to respond to what it was that caused you to voice your opinion about the security issues and the place being "Un Fan friendly", how was the race?

It's ED BITTING!! I've never talked to him but I know him,he was across the track earlier in the night and he usaully is every week! He's been promoting Fonda all year,shouldn't need to be bullied by security that doesn't know jack. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leroy said:

This makes complete sense to me.  According to land of legends face book they also ran out of food last night.  Just beer and soda at the track to today. 

I have been to plenty of tracks.  And  all of them when they run their last race of year do not want to have food left over.  And if for some reason it looks like a track  will have food left over?   Then count on the show dragging on a little longer than normal that night. 

Also, when  you have no racing going on for two hours while it  is raining.  Chances are the concessions will be more busy than normal.

Years back after the Eastern States race was over they gave all the left overs away for free.

1 hour ago, rsdirt12a said:

1st off,race was over,the July 3rd race 1/2 the crowd went across the track at the end of the race-maybe to make it look good for tv. 2nd off,ALL year long they let people cross for pictures,especially the WINNERS family,thus the Zemkens weren't allowed over and that's why Ray was going to climb the fence. Either do it the same all year or don't do it at all. 3rd off,they would tell fans one thing and change it without letting them know(blanket policy). And last thing,hot dogs and hamburgers don't cost that much even if you have left overs. Like the one guy said have a food trailer for the weekend since it's your biggest weekend.

How many of those who crossed July 3rd were with the Fuccillo Sponsorship group that night? Last night was a different animal than what Fonda has had all year. Things happen.... It's something I'm sure Brett will take a look at. 

1 hour ago, rsdirt12a said:

ALL year long they let people cross for pictures,especially the WINNERS family,thus the Zemkens weren't allowed over and that's why Ray was going to climb the fence. Either do it the same all year or don't do it at all.

After the mob scene that took place at the July 3rd event it was a conscious decision to keep that gate closed so that there wasn't a massive amount of people crossing into victory lane.  You can't blame the security for not letting anyone through, regardless of whether it was family or media that's what they were told to do.  And before you say that they should have let the family and media cross, those folks may or may not know who is and isn't family.  Even if they do, the minute they let one person cross, the flood gates would open. 

Along with the standard victory lane ceremonies we (DTD TV) had all of our video equipment there so that we could attempt a NASCAR style "Victory Lane" post race show.  With a mob like July 3rd there would have been no way for us to do that. 

I'm glad that they learned something from the July 3rd race. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rsdirt12a said:

It's ED BITTING!! I've never talked to him but I know him,he was across the track earlier in the night and he usaully is every week! He's been promoting Fonda all year,shouldn't need to be bullied by security that doesn't know jack. 

I have been telling people (family, friends, co-workers etc..) all season that the racing & atmosphere at Fonda has been excellent this year. Do I deserve special treatment as well?? Not sure why some people think the rules apply to everyone but them. If getting to victory lane was so darn important to him then he should have been in the infield to start with or in the pit area already. You can't assume anything in life. So all year they have let people thru the gate, last night was different apparently. Should they have advised of this beforehand. Probably but they didn't. Live & learn situation. Easy fix = Turn around and walk back thru the pit area. Maybe the track should of had a helicopter standing by for him. Maybe next year 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stewyfan44 said:

Fonda trashing..it was just a matter of time.All is tight with the world.

Yup. Board er up!

I don't think you're lying or looking for trouble, but sometimes it's a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. When Rocky wont the championship, his mother and I had to wait 20 minutes to get into victory lane. Last night, I just walked right in, waited my turn, and interviewed Stewie ... no problem whatsoever. I also got food after the rain delay.  Maybe an employee informed you wrongly? With that many new recruits to accommodate the larger crowd, there are bound to be issues. The important part is that we beat the rain and had a finish that was exciting enough to bring the crowd to their feet.

I have no idea what happened with Ed, but I saw him and Betty on their way out and he was smiling as usual. (In all fairness, I don't think he knows how to frown).

• Like 1

Biittig.

21 hours ago, happyracer said:

I have been telling people (family, friends, co-workers etc..) all season that the racing & atmosphere at Fonda has been excellent this year. Do I deserve special treatment as well?? Not sure why some people think the rules apply to everyone but them. If getting to victory lane was so darn important to him then he should have been in the infield to start with or in the pit area already. You can't assume anything in life. So all year they have let people thru the gate, last night was different apparently. Should they have advised of this beforehand. Probably but they didn't. Live & learn situation. Easy fix = Turn around and walk back thru the pit area. Maybe the track should of had a helicopter standing by for him. Maybe next year 😀

Happyracer,

I agree with you that there should be no special treatment but members of the media of which I am, usually prefers to watch the races from the stands side so we can have a better understanding of what happened during the race. Watching the race from the infield causes you to miss a lot of what is going on during the race. If a track is going to block people from crossing into victory lane after the race is completed than maybe a media credential card should be offered so the security people can let them in so they can do their jobs. If they were told by Brett and his staff to not allow anyone cross the track then they are just doing their job. JMO