Sign in to follow this  
jsw14886

Favorite 3+ day race event

It’s not really an event like you’re talking about but I’d have to think Indiana Sprint Week should be on the list. So many great tracks and if you have a camper you could realistically go track to track during the week. Definitely on my bucket list.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zmahoney21 said:

It’s not really an event like you’re talking about but I’d have to think Indiana Sprint Week should be on the list. So many great tracks and if you have a camper you could realistically go track to track during the week. Definitely on my bucket list.

USAC ISW is great, but USAC IMW is better in my opinion. The Midgets put on an incredible show, plus the Sprint Cars are the co-division every night. You get both!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zmahoney21 said:

PA Speedweek if you like your 410 Sprint Cars flavored with wings and some super fast race tracks. 

It's not one show, but the next 10 days are my favorite 10 days of the years. The National Open tomorrow and Saturday followed by one travel day at SuperDIRTWeek starting Monday.

If it was one bucket list type of race... Either have to be Knoxville or The Chili Bowl... Maybe the World Finals but OP has been there.

Or... Perhaps... Something different with the Dirt Track World Championship... $100k to win Super Late Models. 

2 hours ago, westracing01 said:

PA Speedweek if you like your 410 Sprint Cars flavored with wings and some super fast race tracks. 

It's not one show, but the next 10 days are my favorite 10 days of the years. The National Open tomorrow and Saturday followed by one travel day at SuperDIRTWeek starting Monday.

If it was one bucket list type of race... Either have to be Knoxville or The Chili Bowl... Maybe the World Finals but OP has been there.

Or... Perhaps... Something different with the Dirt Track World Championship... $100k to win Super Late Models. 

The DTWC would be so much better at someplace else. PRP is one of the least racy tracks in existence. 

30 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Bring back Pennsboro damnit! DTWC and bring the Hillbilly Hundred back home!

There are guys working on that, actually. It’s slow going though, because it needs a ton of work to get back to racing shape. It would honestly be cheaper and easier to just build a new track, but the passion is there to resurrect the old girl. 

Im amazed no one has said Florida Speed Week.  It's the perfect time of the year to get out of NY.  By then,  you haven't seen any live racing in about 3 months minimum and you need a break from the 15 degree days. 

I think there's really more racing going on than you could really see in one week.  You can hit up Volusia during the week, then watch the truck race Friday, and maybe the Daytona on Sunday. That's not even mentioning all the other tracks in the area.

Eldora, Knoxville, and the Chili Bowl are all on my list.  So many places to go,  so little time.  I agree with everything Miller said,  I thought the World Finals was a great event as well.  

• Like 1

Boone more racing than you will see in a year

Chili Bowl best most diverse field in racing

Indiana Sprint Week this year was 8 different tracks with some incredible racing I saw the 3 best races Ive seen in a long time in 1 week