Now that its not at the mile and doesnt require the special bodys it has lost its intrigue. I use to love rolling into the Fairgrounds and feeling the excitement and anticipation of who brought what, new paint schemes, etc. Now its just another 200 lapper.  SDW electricity never got turned on in Oswego.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lrgmouth said:

Now its just another 200 lapper.  SDW electricity never got turned on in Oswego.

And that's your opinion

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lrgmouth said:

Now that its not at the mile and doesnt require the special bodys it has lost its intrigue. I use to love rolling into the Fairgrounds and feeling the excitement and anticipation of who brought what, new paint schemes, etc. Now its just another 200 lapper.  SDW electricity never got turned on in Oswego.

You need to move on.  The mile is dead.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

It’s still super dirt week, it’s far far better racing, at an actual racetrack. But I do agree the excitement about seeing the special bodies and the innovation that teams showed off, is long gone. 

• Like 5

you saw most of the "sneak peeks" at fulton yesterday ,most teams will be running same car.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dirt-in-my-beer said:

You need to move on.  The mile is dead.

Sounds to me like...….. he has

• Like 2

A lot of teams still bring something new and some special wraps to SDW.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lrgmouth said:

Now its just another 200 lapper.  SDW electricity never got turned on in Oswego.

I could not DISAGREE more!! I enjoy SDW at Oswego 10,000% more than I ever did at Syracuse especially the sportsman & pro stock races. Saw more passing the last 2 years at Oswego than I did at the mile for the 20+ Super Dirt Weeks I attended.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, happyracer said:

I could not DISAGREE more!! I enjoy SDW at Oswego 10,000% more than I ever did at Syracuse especially the sportsman & pro stock races. Saw more passing the last 2 years at Oswego than I did at the mile for the 20+ Super Dirt Weeks I attended.  

Totally agree.  It’s actually a race with a party now 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, happyracer said:

I agree, last year at oswego was unbelievable.And still plenty of partying goin on..lol

• Like 2

I agree completely....as much as I enjoyed seeing the new cars and bodies, for the most part even that was kinda gone the last 10 or so years at the mile. When cool looking cars is the best part of the week it tells you how much the racing left to be desired. Now you can watch a damn good race/races and still have a damn good time. 

• Like 2

racing at oswego is way better. atmosphere is getting more "dirtweek" like every year

• Like 4

5 hours ago, foster said:

you saw most of the "sneak peeks" at fulton yesterday ,most teams will be running same car.

The guy that won at Fulton is coming with a brand new car to SDW. There’s that. 

• Like 1

Syracuse may have been something magical in it's day. The last several years of it were an over-hyped race with a great party attached to it. I was pissed when they tore it down, and I still think it was a crock of shit ... but ... Oswego's racing is infinitely better.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, happyracer said:

Absolutely!! The racing at Oswego is so much better there is no comparison. The first year was iffy with the track surface but they've figured that out after year one.

The campers are rolling in. There was allot of partying going on today already. It's gonna be a great week of racing!

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

Absolutely!! The racing at Oswego is so much better there is no comparison. The first year was iffy with the track surface but they've figured that out after year one.

The campers are rolling in. There was allot of partying going on today already. It's gonna be a great week of racing!

They were dealt a pretty crappy hand weather wise the first year. 

The "PARTY" atmosphere at Syracuse packed up and left when the Ghetto left town. 

There was something magical about walking the tech line under the grandstands with a cup of coffee when it first opened. It was even better if it was chilly and rainy because the smell of fresh paint was stronger. Guys were told to trim this and remove that and basically destroy artwork. Nobody was happy, but everyone was happy to be there (if that makes sense). Seeing the little aero tricks guys were trying to pull over on tech first hand was cool. If you never got to experience that, you missed out on a huge slice of what Syracuse was all about. 

I liked Syracuse for what it was. It was absolutely my favorite NY event because it was unique. I also had the best seat in the house as the 3rd turn TV camera operator. Ask Adam Hilton. He was my spotter for several years. 

I like the Oswego version as well, but it doesn't get my blood pumping like Syracuse did. Last year we saw great racing in the Pro Stocks and Sportsman at Oswego. Perhaps the best ever for the week known as Super DIRT Week. The year before, we saw Matt Sheppard pull off the impossible by winning the SDS points chase after receiving no points for 1 event, and being suspended for another 2. All of that was cool, but sorry... the word "Super" in the phrase Super DIRT Week was buried in the pile of rubble the day the grandstands fell. 

• Like 3

I miss the mile as much as anyone... but I'm so glad its at Oswego. the effort and expense to run the mile was insane... we never went. We've gone every year to Oswego with the race car and I can tell you we have a blast every year. Our cars coming the way it left Fonda... that didn't happen at the mile... even if you didn't put a new body it on, you at least had to patch up the old one so it did not self destruct up there. Oswego has taken a few years to build some atmosphere... people are figuring out, and every year its gotten more and more special.

I still think theres 2 major disconnects, I have yet to really roll thru the tents on the front stretch during the weekend when stuffs actually rolling, and the gathering place for alcohol fueled shenanigans doesn't exist like the old infield bar...  The bands pretty nice, but I cant roll up, slap down some cash, do a shot and stagger away with a captain and coke lol.. I gotta truck all that crap up with me, or remember where my campsite is to get a refill 😎 lol.

Maybe some of us are just getting older and we have just as much fun eating and sitting around bullshitting and bench racing at the campsite now!

9 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

The guy that won at Fulton is coming with a brand new car to SDW. There’s that. 

that will look just like the car he raced sat

• Like 1

I can tell you that when Super DIRT Week was at the mile, the visitor numbers we'd see here on DTD early in the week for Inspection were staggering.  I honestly couldn't believe that many people would follow along with just watching cars go through the tech line via photos.  Now that we have moved to Oswego, those numbers have drastically decreased.

They're still good, don't get me wrong, but they aren't what we'd get at the mile. 

Is NYS still providing funding for SDW at Oswego? If so does anyone know how long that is in place for?

30 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Is NYS still providing funding for SDW at Oswego? If so does anyone know how long that is in place for?

I think it was for 10 years but I could be wrong on that 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BobMiller said:

The "PARTY" atmosphere at Syracuse packed up and left when the Ghetto left town. 

There was something magical about walking the tech line under the grandstands with a cup of coffee when it first opened. It was even better if it was chilly and rainy because the smell of fresh paint was stronger. Guys were told to trim this and remove that and basically destroy artwork. Nobody was happy, but everyone was happy to be there (if that makes sense). Seeing the little aero tricks guys were trying to pull over on tech first hand was cool. If you never got to experience that, you missed out on a huge slice of what Syracuse was all about. 

I liked Syracuse for what it was. It was absolutely my favorite NY event because it was unique. I also had the best seat in the house as the 3rd turn TV camera operator. Ask Adam Hilton. He was my spotter for several years. 

I like the Oswego version as well, but it doesn't get my blood pumping like Syracuse did. Last year we saw great racing in the Pro Stocks and Sportsman at Oswego. Perhaps the best ever for the week known as Super DIRT Week. The year before, we saw Matt Sheppard pull off the impossible by winning the SDS points chase after receiving no points for 1 event, and being suspended for another 2. All of that was cool, but sorry... the word "Super" in the phrase Super DIRT Week was buried in the pile of rubble the day the grandstands fell. 

The mile is dead. It’s beyond time to move on. Back to the original post, I want to see some paint schemes! 

• Thanks 1