Sign in to follow this  
Tortelvis

World of Outlaws Late Models

Does anyone think that it would be possible for Oswego to host the World of Outlaws Late Models during the week?  Brought this up last year with 410 sprints but safety issues with them. I know biggest issue would be space. Seems like satellite shows are getting less interest?  Late Models at Oswego would be pretty cool and I believe we'll received. 

• Like 1

I think money is the biggest factor in deciding to offer the WoO late models during SDW. Declining interest in the satellite shows could be cause by people not being able to afford to take them in. People only have so much disposable income and they are voting with their feet.

Im not sure money is the issue. I believe that the drive forbthe satellite shows was always a racing fix when at SDW because of the product at the mile. Now with the racing at oswego being pretty good, people dont have to venture out to see a good battle? That and the fact that Oswego is not centrally located to the tracks that host the satellites doesnt do them any favors

10 minutes ago, PaGeOrGaBleBHisable said:

Im not sure money is the issue. I believe that the drive forbthe satellite shows was always a racing fix when at SDW because of the product at the mile. Now with the racing at oswego being pretty good, people dont have to venture out to see a good battle? That and the fact that Oswego is not centrally located to the tracks that host the satellites doesnt do them any favors

All the more reason to somehow resurrect Rolling Wheels! With the money they have spent renting & re-doing Oswego every year, they could have re-purchased the Wheels

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Tortelvis said:

Does anyone think that it would be possible for Oswego to host the World of Outlaws Late Models during the week?  Brought this up last year with 410 sprints but safety issues with them. I know biggest issue would be space. Seems like satellite shows are getting less interest?  Late Models at Oswego would be pretty cool and I believe we'll received. 

1000 HP on a black slick track wouldn't do it for me.

1 hour ago, chas71 said:

1000 HP on a black slick track wouldn't do it for me.

I talked to a friend that was at Oswego yesterday and he said I don’t understand why they put dirt on the track because the track was like asphalt. 😊

• Like 1

They could, but the finances of it probably aren’t that good. It’s an extra 40k purse for a division that won’t attract many cars or fans. 

• Like 1

They had the late models are part of Super DIRT Week at Rolling Wheels for a few years and then that stopped what 4-5 years ago? Maybe more now...I'd love to see them there too but I bet it'd be a small turnout for cars. You're lucky to get 20ish super late models to most NY shows. 

26 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

They could, but the finances of it probably aren’t that good. It’s an extra 40k purse for a division that won’t attract many cars or fans. 

Hell, it's 50 G's for the WOO sprints & they had them somewhere every year....besides, WRG owns both WOO divisions

30 minutes ago, racer80 said:

Hell, it's 50 G's for the WOO sprints & they had them somewhere every year....besides, WRG owns both WOO divisions

Most of the local/regional super late guys that fill the fields in NY are already done for the year. Many of them  already have this year’s stuff up for sale. There would definitely be car count issues more than anything. 

I don’t think they’re popular enough in NY state to warrant the purse. I do wonder whether instead of the Weedsport and Bremerton satellite shows if they are heading towards all action being at Oswego.

If that we’re the case, perhaps a Wednesday SDW kickoff show with the late models would be a good idea. 

Hmmm they seemed pretty popular about 3 weeks ago at Outlaw speedway in Dundee Ny. Place was packed. Even had a pretty good field Lates too. But I’m sure someone will say it’s because they had a dash for sprints & mods for why the crowd was so good. All I know is I had a good time & enjoyed myself. I think more people need to do that these days instead of finding something to complain about. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, montess said:

Hmmm they seemed pretty popular about 3 weeks ago at Outlaw speedway in Dundee Ny. Place was packed. Even had a pretty good field Lates too. But I’m sure someone will say it’s because they had a dash for sprints & mods for why the crowd was so good. All I know is I had a good time & enjoyed myself. I think more people need to do that these days instead of finding something to complain about. 

Who’s complaining? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, con7 said:

Who’s complaining? 

Well saying they are not popular In NY isn’t exactly a complement even if it’s the truth. 

As far as WoO running at Oswego?   There already seems to be concerns about too many cars in the pits,   Not enough room in pits, not enough practice time , show running past midnight ,track rubbering up, etc.

IF WoO Lates were to race during Dirt week.

I think Fulton on Saturday would be the best option.

The track would probably offer the best racing.  They also have a crate late division running at Fulton.

• Like 1

You people that want to see late models, go down to Charlotte for the World Finals. There will be 70+ l/m there for that weekend. And for a 3 day race weekend it will cost you less than it will for Super Dirt Week, $100 for a ticket and that includes a pit pass with your ticket purchase. Also, don't forget the 410 sprint cars and the big block modifieds are on the program.

• Like 2