Sign in to follow this  
JAR1972

DIRT week long term

12 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Well...with being said....the 1st part of the mods is not any better....

Can you imagine if they were counting all caution laps instead of just the first 4?

• Like 1

Caution #10 at lap 72. So, we are averaging a caution every 3-4 green flag laps.

• Like 2

I thought the original agreement was 10 years? Or was that how long state was gonna help with $?  

That article says its  atleast their thru next year, but both sides want it longer.

49 minutes ago, chas71 said:

Caution #10 at lap 72. So, we are averaging a caution every 3-4 green flag laps.

I'd say the average is much higher, they only count 4 caution laps. Takes 3-4 laps every yellow before they even open the pits.  Brutal.

I have commended the racing at Oswego....claimed it is much better than the mile....this year is the absolute opposite....it’s not only horribly boring, with awful track conditions....but it is somewhat embarrassing that in the biggest most prestigious event we have to offer, we can’t put 10 green flag laps together. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

I'd say the average is much higher, they only count 4 caution laps. Takes 3-4 laps every yellow before they even open the pits.  Brutal.

I am very curious as to why it takes so long to open the pits....why are they closed...what determines when they are to be opened ?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Edit my last post.........at our biggest race Mahaney jumped on a car like a child...attempted to rip a door off and fell down....finally something entertaining 

Can you please elaborate a little for those of us not there?

9 minutes ago, Doug W said:

Can you please elaborate a little for those of us not there?

Watt got into Mahaney....they were both battling for the bottom...they wrecked...ended up into the wall hooked together....Mahaney got out of his car jumped up and down on watts car...jumped down kicked his door and then grabbed it and attempted to rip it off (impossible btw)....he pulled and slipped off and down he went....it was funny....unprofessional and really pointless...but funny....there is a video of it on here during Ryan watts interview

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

Watt got into Mahaney....they were both battling for the bottom...they wrecked...ended up into the wall hooked together....Mahaney got out of his car jumped up and down on watts car...jumped down kicked his door and then grabbed it and attempted to rip it off (impossible btw)....he pulled and slipped off and down he went....it was funny....unprofessional and really pointless...but funny....there is a video of it on here during Ryan watts interview

Okay thanks. I'll look for it tomorrow

10 hours ago, In the Shadows said:

Like a child having a temper tantrum. Gotta admit, it was funny.

Only entertaining part of the day.

4 hours ago, valleyfan said:

Only entertaining part of the day.

I think his main frustration was the fact the car he wheeled last year and lost to Williamson, was dominating the 200!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, robertmorris said:

I think his main frustration was the fact the car he wheeled last year and lost to Williamson, was dominating the 200!

...or maybe he was frustrated because he got wrecked out of the 358 race and at that point was now wrecked out of the BB race while he had pretty decent cars all week????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha. We're getting another campsite to add to our current arsenal. In the other thread I said how to fix the camp sites, but mud ain't going to stop us from having fun. If we have to build a whole damn wood deck up there, so be it.

Dirtweek ain't going anywhere anytime soon. When the show is finally over one day and SDW is gone, the whole circus will be in NC. It basically is SuperDIRTWeek down there now, it's just two weeks instead of one.

• Like 2

Does no one realize there were over 300 cars??? How amazing is it that you can have that many cars for an entire weekend of racing.

Obviously having that many cars on track for that many laps is going to beat up the surface, especially with all the sun we had (We got a lot of Sun!!!). But we got to to see more racing in 3 days than most people see in a year and people still complain.

Will the racing always be great obviously not but you haters can't see past your own noses and once you finally do it'll all be gone, what will you bitch about then?

I for one think its was an awesome week. Could the racing have been better? Sure but no race has a perfect track record.

As long as its in Oswego i'll be there and it only keeps getting better every year.

See ya next year boys!!!

• Like 4

On 10/14/2019 at 12:51 PM, robertmorris said:

Thank you can I have your parking spot?😍😍

Yes you can it’s the 40ft long site the site with the 2 free kegs of beer for everyone hope hope you can take care of it . I’ll find out next year when people ask where’s the free beer motor home 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, westracing01 said:

Haha. We're getting another campsite to add to our current arsenal. In the other thread I said how to fix the camp sites, but mud ain't going to stop us from having fun. If we have to build a whole damn wood deck up there, so be it.

Dirtweek ain't going anywhere anytime soon. When the show is finally over one day and SDW is gone, the whole circus will be in NC. It basically is SuperDIRTWeek down there now, it's just two weeks instead of one.

our group has 26 campsites....LOL