Sign in to follow this  
racermurray

Oswego 200 first half terrible show

I agree....I will say it’s not the fault of the new rule...there is no rule to stop 80% of the field driving into the jersey barrier or each other and cutting tires....part of the problem is the track is awful...guys need to stay in the rubber on the bottom or rough each other up to pass which leads to a lot of cut tires....

There is at least somewhat of a 2nd line in 3/4 so there is a few guys passing....hile is looking impressive 

Would running this race on Saturday night help the racing?  Maybe running it at night would make for a better surface.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Yikes Mahaney and Watt got together and haven’t seen video of the contact but Mahaney lost it on Watt’s sheet metal...

After the yellow?

Just now, Shyglizzy said:

After the yellow?

Yes. But physically getting out of the car and stomping on the back of Watt’s car and then punching and kicking the side door.

28 minutes ago, Grizzley111 said:

Personally the new caution rule atleast makes for more green flag racing. I'ma fan

Under normal conditions yes...when there are 20 cautions it made little difference

• Like 1

They ran over 300 laps today with the caution laps, they had 22 cautions and 1 red flag.  The 4 lap rule saved them because they would have had about 60-70 laps of green total without the 4 lap rule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rpm72x said:

Under normal conditions yes...when there are 20 cautions it made little difference

And if there are 20 cautions and each lap counts you peel away many green flag laps. Either way people bitch. Me personally, and I'm sure many fans prefer this rule. Maybe when drivers stop causing cautions there won't be so many wasted laps 🙄

14 minutes ago, Grizzley111 said:

And if there are 20 cautions and each lap counts you peel away many green flag laps. Either way people bitch. Me personally, and I'm sure many fans prefer this rule. Maybe when drivers stop causing cautions there won't be so many wasted laps 🙄

I agree completely, I didn’t mean to sound as if I hate the rule....thank god for it today...with the amount of cautions it would’ve been a 200 lap race with only 60 run under green. I just meant that on this particular day when there was a caution every 4 laps,  it seemed as though it didn’t help as much as it normally would. 

• Like 1

On a positive note....all of the parts warehouses and tire distributors will be sold out of lf tires and 10x4 wheels....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4wheelin said:

Would running this race on Saturday night help the racing?  Maybe running it at night would make for a better surface.

100% it would help..last year was great because there was cloud cover and it was damp..dirt racing and blazing sun aren't a good mix

2 minutes ago, Stewyfan44 said:

100% it would help..last year was great because there was cloud cover and it was damp..dirt racing and blazing sun aren't a good mix

I agree to an extent....but there are ways to eliminate the rubber for at least a while at the beginning of the event. They easily could if tilled the bottom and the top of both ends....watered and packed...between the pro stocks and mods....it would have made a good portion of the 1st 100 much better with probably less cautions. They do this at a ton of tracks now...Fulton did it last year at halftime of the race....Utica used to do the whole track in about 30 mins. 

was Hearn's muffler bearing going bad/wearing down at the end of the race?🤣

really tho, sounded different coming down the front stretch during the last 10 or so laps.  anyone else notice this?

11 hours ago, chas71 said:

They ran over 300 laps today with the caution laps, they had 22 cautions and 1 red flag.  The 4 lap rule saved them because they would have had about 60-70 laps of green total without the 4 lap rule.

well, it was supposed to be a 300 lap race the 1st year wasnt it? lol

• Haha 1