Sign in to follow this  
WheelsUpHammerDown10

The Year of Mat Williamson continues!

CONGRATULATIONS TO MIGHTY MAT on his MIGHTIER WIN🏁🏁 🏁WHAT A FABULOUS SEASON!! WAY TO BRING THE WIN HOME TO CANADA and ST CATHARINES🏁🏁🏁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

What was the victory worth today? 

Fifty thousand.... 

44 minutes ago, cleo said:

Fifty thousand.... 

Dang, his earnings this year have to be over $200,000 plus point fund money to come. One of the few guys who are breaking even or better 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Dang, his earnings this year have to be over $200,000 plus point fund money to come. One of the few guys who are breaking even or better 

He’s still got ESW to come too in the Behrents car...

38 minutes ago, EB44 said:

Matt Money Williamson. great season so far!!

Listening to driver introduction, everyone almost had a nickname... Announcer said, "Matt Williamson." Matt "Money" Williamson sounds fitting... Although i think I've heard him called Mighty Matt. Could be wrong.... Nice win today! 

With Sheppard dropping out and Matt winning the points should be pretty tight?  I think he was 90 points out going into the race and doesn’t SDW count as double points?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EB44 said:

Matt Money Williamson. great season so far!!

Mat “Big Money” Williamson lol jk in all seriousness he is hotter than a fox in a forest fire right now! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnyC said:

He is definitely well over 200 grand.  According to superdirtcar points list he had earned over 51 grand,  add super dirt week plus satellite shows and then the big centennial he is already there. That doesn’t  include any weekly shows or non dirtcar races If he did much of that such as deyo shows.  

I think we have a NEW SUPER MAT!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For what is probably the first time in history a driver is having a career year without winning a track championship. Over 200k in earnings without counting weekly shows. Simply amazing.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 9:22 PM, Joshua Jello Loughnot said:

Listening to driver introduction, everyone almost had a nickname... Announcer said, "Matt Williamson." Matt "Money" Williamson sounds fitting... Although i think I've heard him called Mighty Matt. Could be wrong.... Nice win today! 

Since Matt started racing at Merrittville he was tagged with " Mighty Mouse" being so young and small....however, I am thinking the mouse part could certainly be dropped.... and many are now referring to him as Mighty Matt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cleo said:

Since Matt started racing at Merrittville he was tagged with " Mighty Mouse" being so young and small....however, I am thinking the mouse part could certainly be dropped.... and many are now referring to him as Mighty Matt. 

Mighty Mat isn’t bad...

Asphalt mid racing has big money Matt hirschman. Perhaps dirt can have mat big money or just money Williamson given the fact he won a historic 100K to win race which will likely never be offered again in the sport’s history.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Mighty Mat isn’t bad...

Asphalt mid racing has big money Matt hirschman. Perhaps dirt can have mat big money or just money Williamson given the fact he won a historic 100K to win race which will likely never be offered again in the sport’s history.

21 hours ago, DirtFan79 said:

He will be over $300,000 for the year which is just crazy! Obviously before his % for being a hired gun 

I’m all for “BIG MONEY” reason he’s at $242,430 as of right now and that’s all the listed earnings I found on the links below

http://www.dirtcarump.com/points/

http://shorttracksuperseries.com/point-standings/

Add in the 7 wins at Merrittville, the wins at Ransomville ( not sure on number) and then add in other races through out the course of year Specials, One off Races, Etc. He was Fourth in points at Merrittville and second at Ransomville so there’s also points fund money come, and what ever he gets from the SDS point fund and 358 Series points fund.

Im thinking just off the top of my head he’s probably at $250,000-$260,000 in total race earnings, and point fund payouts not included In that number and the season isn’t over yet! 

Pretty incredible year for a Modified driver! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Racerfan2003 said:

I’m all for “BIG MONEY” reason he’s at $242,430 as of right now and that’s all the listed earnings I found on the links below

http://www.dirtcarump.com/points/

http://shorttracksuperseries.com/point-standings/

Add in the 7 wins at Merrittville, the wins at Ransomville ( not sure on number) and then add in other races through out the course of year Specials, One off Races, Etc. He was Fourth in points at Merrittville and second at Ransomville so there’s also points fund money come, and what ever he gets from the SDS point fund and 358 Series points fund.

Im thinking just off the top of my head he’s probably at $250,000-$260,000 in total race earnings, and point fund payouts not included In that number and the season isn’t over yet! 

Pretty incredible year for a Modified driver! 

are you working for the IRS?

• Haha 1

Great season and as strong as he's run, he didn't lock up a track championship at Merritville or Ransomville.  I think this speaks to the level of talent at both tracks.  

Hope he outruns the rest at Brockville.