1 hour ago, burtonfan1995 said:

Mahaney is mad because a superior driver has won $60,000+ in a few months in a car he did nothing with.

ouch...…...🙄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, burtonfan1995 said:

Mahaney is mad because a superior driver has won $60,000+ in a few months in a car he did nothing with.

Is that why he kicked Watts car Because he Is mad at Williamson?

Those two drivers have been on the race track together 25-40 times this season and where is the drama, madness, or jealousy 

• Like 1

Start watching the video at the 8:30 mark. I know if I was in the drivers seat, that would have wound me up real tight. Felt bad for the crew (and Mike).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, chas71 said:

Start watching the video at the 8:30 mark. I know if I was in the drivers seat, that would have wound me up real tight. Felt bad for the crew (and Mike).

I totally agree with what she is saying though; I don’t like 200 lap races either. I don’t like the idea of having to pit and I don’t like the idea of pit strategy determining who’s up front. 100 laps of green flag racing would be ideal IMO. I like the spectacle and the fact it’s made out to be a big deal but I think it’s too long a week. Making it a Fri-Sat-Sun (or even shorter) would be perfect. Maybe do all the qualifying on Friday and then aim to race on Saturday night under the lights. 

Lastly, a big thanks again to all the drivers and crew who put so much time and money into this sport. And a huge thanks to the sponsors who keep it all going. The video outlines it and I truly believe consideration needs to be given to help these teams out both in terms of time and finances. Rolling in on Friday and pulling out Saturday night or Sunday at the latest would help and not take anything away from the fans. In fact it might even boost the satellite shows 

• Like 4

And my opinion is the race should be different than anything else. 200 laps (every one of them green), live pit stops (a complete team event), and run at night (the weekend of the first full week in October). Reducing the distance and cutting out pit stops makes it the same thing as everything else. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

And my opinion is the race should be different than anything else. 200 laps (every one of them green), live pit stops (a complete team event), and run at night (the weekend of the first full week in October). Reducing the distance and cutting out pit stops makes it the same thing as everything else. 

I just dont get why anyone likes the pit stops. You're just making a bunch of guys buys extra stuff and do stuff that they dont do all year. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Devin Willis said:

I just dont get why anyone likes the pit stops. You're just making a bunch of guys buys extra stuff and do stuff that they dont do all year. 

I think some people like them because of the strategy that can be played. For whatever reason people like the upset win and a 200 lap race without a pit stop usually won't yield a surprising result. Each year at Syracuse you knew Decker, Friesen, Hearn were going to be favorites but every once in a while you got a Cozze, Dunn, Coffey win in the biggest race of the year and some people enjoy that.

All that being said....Maresca winning the Outlaw 200 was a pretty big upset with no live pit stop and it was amazingly fun to watch. He drove lights out that night. I really enjoyed that race.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

Without a pit stop to put strategy into the mix, a 200-lapper (or a 100-lapper) during the daytime will usually be dreadfully dull. That is a recipe for someone to lead every lap.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Without a pit stop to put strategy into the mix, a 200-lapper (or a 100-lapper) during the daytime will usually be dreadfully dull. That is a recipe for someone to lead every lap.

Don’t hold it in the daytime. It should be at night under the lights. And the whole pit stop thing just plays into the bigger team’s hands anyway. Watching the video Mandy posted guys are flying out without all lugnuts on, are going way to fast in a confined area and there are simply not enough DIRT officials to keep an eye on everything. This isn’t NASCAR (thank god). It’s dirt racing and it can still be a huge event without pit stops. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Correct. It can also happen in a night time event, but the thing is... it becomes a full team event. You don't stay up until 6:00am as a crew member getting puke drunk the morning of the race if you have aspirations of winning. You come well rested and well practiced and 2 or 3 strategies for different scenarios. It's a little bit like football in a way. Vic Coffey won his first at Syracuse by pitting out of sequence (quarterback sneak) and that was cool. Everyone said he got lucky until he backed it up with a second win and an unpredictable fake punt. Billy Dunn won his Syracuse event by pitting and switching to the Purple Hoosiers if I remember correctly. While everyone else was blowing tires and running out of fuel, he chugged forward. Might have been an on sides kick returned for a touchdown.

• Like 2

100 lap races are more than long enough. 

These drivers aren't supposed to be professionals at long races, strategic timed stops or fuel calculators. They spend every other lap in their cars all season long going as fast as possible, knowing that everyone else is pretty much on the same strategy. Their "superbowl" should be decided the same way.

Just make it a night race where the track has a chance at offering different groves.

• Like 1

I can hear the open to your television broadcast now...

We're LIVE, at the "Ho Hum 100" in Oswego, NY, sponsored by Nothing Special Lubricants. Hello, my name is Doug Logan and we bring to you an average show, a typical 100 lap event where the drivers go as fast as possible, needing no guess work, using the same strategy as everyone else, just like we do all year. We don't know who will win, but then again neither will you because you'll fall asleep from being bored to tears. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

We're LIVE, at the "Ho Hum 100" in Oswego, NY, sponsored by Nothing Special Lubricants. Hello, my name is Doug Logan and we bring to you an average show, a typical 100 lap event where the drivers go as fast as possible, needing no guess work, using the same strategy as everyone else, just like we do all year. We don't know who will win, but then again neither will you because you'll fall asleep from being bored to tears. 

I miss Doug Logan calling races.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

Sounds good to me, would be awesome to have Doug and Paul back. I mean this year's 200 bored me to death with all the caution laps needed for opening the pits...and it was sponsored by a used car dealer so there's that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

Far superior to the "don't race until the last 50".

Hyping up a 200 lap race that is usually ho hum until the last 50 (if lucky) doesn't make it a better race. Just means that more people will be disappointed with the product being less than advertised. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobMiller said:

So instead we had a 200 lap race that was by all accounts horrible. Not a great way to showcase the sport. And this says nothing of the backside of the story which involves time and money that goes into it. Heck, just to do a pit stop you need a minimum 3 guys in synch. This takes practice and that’s not something you just show up on Sunday afternoon and get right. Plus there is a safety aspect and when you watch Mandy’s video of guys flying through the pits it’s a mess waiting to happen. 

I respect differing opinions I just think the current format is what happened at Augusta National; in an effort to tiger proof the course they ended up making it so that it played right into his hands. Same deal here; it is playing right into the big $$$ team hands 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Bob that sounds a lot like NASCAR

I'm not saying that the product served on Sunday doesn't need work, because it does. I like the idea of running all race events at night, however I don't see that happening without some major rescheduling. It means an adjustment to the satellite show schedule and I'm not sure the promoters involved with those events are going to budge.

I definitely want to see all 200 laps be green. This is no longer a 200 mile event, it's a 100 mile event. It's already 1/2 the distance and time of Syracuse. Counting cautions takes even more away and I can't support that.

My opinion only... I like the idea of 1 event being an entire team event, which includes live pit stops because it makes for good television. I remember seeing the pre-race pit road ceremonies at Syracuse when all of the pit crews were dressed up all spiffy and professional. That part of the sport is what helps attract major sponsors. We need that going into the future. And good luck and bad luck both play out on pit road and adds the unexpected element to the event. We haven't seen it yet, but it's bound to happen... a driver leading all 200 laps. A mandatory pit stop guarantees a lead change. 

• Like 8

On 10/13/2019 at 8:56 PM, scottnorwood said:

dude....guy gets out of his car...jumps on the decklid of another drivers car. then he gets off his car and drop kicks the side door. 

it was kind of a big deal.

were you waiting for a daniel son crane kick?

Hey Scott Norwood, He was doing his Scott Norwood Imitation🏈

On 10/15/2019 at 2:53 PM, BobMiller said:

We're LIVE, at the "Ho Hum 100" in Oswego, NY, sponsored by Nothing Special Lubricants. Hello, my name is Doug Logan and we bring to you an average show, a typical 100 lap event where the drivers go as fast as possible, needing no guess work, using the same strategy as everyone else, just like we do all year. We don't know who will win, but then again neither will you because you'll fall asleep from being bored to

On 10/15/2019 at 4:08 PM, leakin_fluids said:

Far superior to the "don't race until the last 50".

Hyping up a 200 lap race that is usually ho hum until the last 50 (if lucky) doesn't make it a better race. Just means that more people will be disappointed with the product being less than advertised. 

On 10/16/2019 at 2:33 AM, BobMiller said:

I'm not saying that the product served on Sunday doesn't need work, because it does. I like the idea of running all race events at night, however I don't see that happening without some major rescheduling. It means an adjustment to the satellite show schedule and I'm not sure the promoters involved with those events are going to budge.

I definitely want to see all 200 laps be green. This is no longer a 200 mile event, it's a 100 mile event. It's already 1/2 the distance and time of Syracuse. Counting cautions takes even more away and I can't support that.

My opinion only... I like the idea of 1 event being an entire team event, which includes live pit stops because it makes for good television. I remember seeing the pre-race pit road ceremonies at Syracuse when all of the pit crews were dressed up all spiffy and professional. That part of the sport is what helps attract major sponsors. We need that going into the future. And good luck and bad luck both play out on pit road and adds the unexpected element to the event. We haven't seen it yet, but it's bound to happen... a driver leading all 200 laps. A mandatory pit stop guarantees a lead change. 

Live pit stops are not a part of regular modified dirt track racing. The showcase event should showcase what teams have been doing all year, not what they have to practice for for one single race. Leave live pit stops to nascar and Formula 1.