Sign in to follow this  

I feel this way with the World Finals especially in the sprint pit. Lot of action and lot of people not paying attention. 

Well a lot of cars weren’t even in the pits as they where full.  Not sure how u can fix that.  

I don’t even think the fans in the pits is the biggest problem.   It’s all the golf carts and atv’s in there.    There is no need for all of them. Maybe 1 per team and that’s it.  Nobody else should be in there with them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

Whole heartedly agree with getting the spectators out of the pits. I am a goddam spectator,but been around the pits for 40 or so years. The people milling around Saturday acted clueless that they were in a live & active work area. How no one got run over is beyond me. 

I do not get the whole 'pit' thing.  Unless you are family or part  of the crew ?

Or unless you have never been in the pits at a big race before ?

why?

seen the pits once as a fan...………...

Most of the time it cost you more more money.  And you are a big obstacle , in all the race teams way

no need anymore for me. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, leroy said:

I do not get the whole 'pit' thing.  Unless you are family or part  of the crew ?

Or unless you have never been in the pits at a big race before ?

why?

seen the pits once as a fan ......

Most of the time it cost you more more money.  And you are a big obstacle , in all the race teams way

no need anymore for me. 

And you can't see shit.

2 hours ago, GasketCase said:

You do realize that these people exist off of the internet as well?

Yes of course. But why? If fans dont like it dont go. Simple. Problem solved. If I dont like something in this world I generally ignore it, i dont complain and announce that they should quit doing it just because I dont like it. That's ridiculous.

I think moving everything up one night would be way to go.. the 358 race was great under the lights.. even tho it tends to be a little colder at night I think people would prefer to see better racing and dealing with a little cold.. Tuesday weedsport, Wednesday brewerton, Thursday under lights heat races, Friday sportsman and 358 race, sat pro stock and mod race with mods starting somewhere around 5 530 dusk and into night ..then have Sunday as a rain day jmo 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DirtFan79 said:

I think moving everything up one night would be way to go.. the 358 race was great under the lights.. even tho it tends to be a little colder at night I think people would prefer to see better racing and dealing with a little cold.. Tuesday weedsport, Wednesday brewerton, Thursday under lights heat races, Friday sportsman and 358 race, sat pro stock and mod race with mods starting somewhere around 5 530 dusk and into night ..then have Sunday as a rain day jmo 🤷‍♂️

Totally agree with all of that !! 

2 hours ago, macho said:

Yes of course. But why? If fans dont like it dont go. Simple. Problem solved. If I dont like something in this world I generally ignore it, i dont complain and announce that they should quit doing it just because I dont like it. That's ridiculous.

I can't really answer to that without involving politics.

3 hours ago, DirtFan79 said:

Great Minds think alike. Weedsport doesn't run every week so gives fans a chance to see a track they haven't been to or seldom. Moving schedule back takes away a satellite race. What track would not run? It's exciting to think about what a Thursday Friday Saturday night shows would be like. Great idea about 5 530 start. We can only hope it might be looked at. 

I'd like to see SuperDIRT week truly start with Outlaw 200 weekend.

Maybe a 358 race on Sunday and bring in the ESS for a couple of satellite shows? Maybe work with the All-Stars or Outlaws to have 410 Sprints come up after the Williams Grove National Open for Sunday-Wednesday? 

You have Utica-Rome, Weedsport and Brewerton for Monday-Wed, make them "win and you're in" races, you get into the redraw. 

Oswego, night racing only, each class has heats, consis and main on one day:

Thurs -- Sportsman

Fri -- 358s (100 green flag laps, scheduled stop for fuel lap 50) and  Pro Stocks Crate Late Models

Sat -- Big Blocks (150 or 200 green flag laps, scheduled fuel stop at half way). Maybe Pro Stocks or move Pro Stocks up to Thurs or Friday.

Use the standard DIRT format group time trials to set heats. Everyone who qualifies in heats (and "win and you're in" events) redraws --  how many redraw? 12-15-18 -- pick a number. 

Sunday as a rain date.

I like the idea of running nothing but Big Blocks on Saturday night.  Last chance qualifiers.  Then 200 lap feature. Caution laps do not count.   Have a hot pit area set up in infield.  But run under the same pit stop rules as they would a normal SDS race.  Pits are not closed

Sunday rain date for any events or divisions  not completed prior.  

16 minutes ago, BillSmith said:

I'd like to see SuperDIRT week truly start with Outlaw 200 weekend.

Maybe a 358 race on Sunday and bring in the ESS for a couple of satellite shows? Maybe work with the All-Stars or Outlaws to have 410 Sprints come up after the Williams Grove National Open for Sunday-Wednesday? 

You have Utica-Rome, Weedsport and Brewerton for Monday-Wed, make them "win and you're in" races, you get into the redraw. 

Oswego, night racing only, each class has heats, consis and main on one day:

Thurs -- Sportsman

Fri -- 358s (100 green flag laps, scheduled stop for fuel lap 50) and  Pro Stocks Crate Late Models

Sat -- Big Blocks (150 or 200 green flag laps, scheduled fuel stop at half way). Maybe Pro Stocks or move Pro Stocks up to Thurs or Friday.

Use the standard DIRT format group time trials to set heats. Everyone who qualifies in heats (and "win and you're in" events) redraws --  how many redraw? 12-15-18 -- pick a number. 

Sunday as a rain date.

The only issue with "one day" shows for each class is ticket and pit pass sales.  Currently crews pay $120/$180 for all week.  One day shows eliminate charging everyone for all week and race teams would only have to pay for one day and DIRT loses $$$ used for purse $$, etc.

• Like 1

Moving one of the two marquee races from Saturday to Friday night would really hit DirtCar in the wallet.  The Saturday / Sunday arrangement still makes the most sense money wise. Unless fans get so turned off by the product on the Speedway (stands looked packed Sunday) the current schedule will remain.  But just too much wear and tear on the track with multiple divisions running during the day is a correctable issue. Don’t know why we need three features on Sunday.

The scheduling of the races in the day also gives you a window to race later in the day if there is inclement weather like they were able to do Saturday. 

This what I'd do. Everybody wants SDW to be something different then they do all year, right?

50 laps for 50k. That's way different than their regular SDS races, right?

You could still draw the whole thing out to be nearly a week.

Wednesday night. run a full pro stock program. You could possibly bring in Go Nuclear or RUSH late models as a support.

Thursday night, run the entire sportsman program. You could possibly bring in ESS or the Patriots as a support.

Friday night, run the entire 358 program. 25 laps for 25k. If you were to bring in either WoO division, they could be the support for this show.

Saturday night, 50k for 50 laps for SDS. Make it a big affair. Time trial, then have the fast timer spin a wheel to determine the invert. Go with 20 lap heats so guys have plenty of time to make the front if they time like garbage or catch a bad invert. Use the gaps in between to farm the track. Make a big show out of the driver intros. Have a 5k non qualifiers race.

Sunday is the rain date for any of the above.

• Like 2

I like it. They don't spend what they w o n repairing a busted up car. 200 lap races are not a race. It is an endurance race.

100 laps tops, these cars/drivers/teams are built to win sprints, not marathons.

Usain Bolt doesn't have to run the 800m at the end of the Olympics. Why change the theory used to win every other race all season in order to win this one?...:(

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josh Bayko said:

This what I'd do. Everybody wants SDW to be something different then they do all year, right?

50 laps for 50k. That's way different than their regular SDS races, right?

You could still draw the whole thing out to be nearly a week.

Wednesday night. run a full pro stock program. You could possibly bring in Go Nuclear or RUSH late models as a support.

Thursday night, run the entire sportsman program. You could possibly bring in ESS or the Patriots as a support.

Friday night, run the entire 358 program. 25 laps for 25k. If you were to bring in either WoO division, they could be the support for this show.

Saturday night, 50k for 50 laps for SDS. Make it a big affair. Time trial, then have the fast timer spin a wheel to determine the invert. Go with 20 lap heats so guys have plenty of time to make the front if they time like garbage or catch a bad invert. Use the gaps in between to farm the track. Make a big show out of the driver intros. Have a 5k non qualifiers race.

Sunday is the rain date for any of the above.

I’d have to imagine if Oswego was safe enough for the WoO sprints this would have happened already.

8 minutes ago, con7 said:

I’d have to imagine if Oswego was safe enough for the WoO sprints this would have happened already.

I doubt we’ll ever see them at Oswego unless they add some serious height to the fences and structural integrity.

If you’ll notice, I mentioned a lot of ifs when it came to support divisions. You could absolutely go with no support divisions, because chances are with a one day show for all of the current SDW divisions, you’ll see a pretty big uptick in car counts in all of them. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

If you’ll notice, I mentioned a lot of ifs when it came to support divisions. You could absolutely go with no support divisions, because chances are with a one day show for all of the current SDW divisions, you’ll see a pretty big uptick in car counts in all of them. 

Like the Eastern States 200 used to be?  8:00am to 11:00pm.  No bullshit yellow laps, boom boom boom, 1-2-3.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

Not disagreeing but how much of an uptick can you get since this year had 100+ sportsman, 80+ 358s and 80+ big blocks!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaRooster said:

Like the Eastern States 200 used to be?  8:00am to 11:00pm.  No bullshit yellow laps, boom boom boom, 1-2-3.

Get there early, watch all the cars come through the 4th turn gate on open trailers, you could actually see the backstretch and turns when they raced.

• Like 1