Sign in to follow this  

23 minutes ago, chas71 said:

Get there early, watch all the cars come through the 4th turn gate on open trailers, you could actually see the backstretch and turns when they raced.

True story:  One year the 200 didn't get over until almost midnight.  My cousin and I walked to the car in complete darkness   Had to stop at the 7-11 near home to get milk for the kid's breakfast.  I walked in first, and the girl behind the counter backed up and screamed...."ALMOST ALL THE CASH HAS BEEN DROPPED INTO THE SAFE!"  It was then I saw my cousin's face as he walked in.....we were wearing hooded sweatshirts and both our faces were jet black as if we used burnt cork as a mask......she thought we were going to rob her!!!  LOL 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, DaRooster said:

True story:  One year the 200 didn't get over until almost midnight.  My cousin and I walked to the car in complete darkness   Had to stop at the 7-11 near home to get milk for the kid's breakfast.  I walked in first, and the girl behind the counter backed up and screamed...."ALMOST ALL THE CASH HAS BEEN DROPPED INTO THE SAFE!"  It was then I saw my cousin's face as he walked in.....we were wearing hooded sweatshirts and both our faces were jet black as if we used burnt cork as a mask......she thought we were going to rob her!!!  LOL 

Are you sure she didn't think you were the OCFS race director? 😉

Was not able to make the SDW this year but did watch it on Flo Racing.  Yes the track was slick.....yes a hole in turn 4..... yes to many caution laps ....... yes some train racing at times........ yes not sure why pits not open sooner....... but with all that was I still entertained...... YES.    I been to many of the SDW at the mile and that is gone now, so we have a new home at Oswego...... What SDW main Sunday race to me is.   Those 40 plus drivers all want to win it.... win that race badly.   And all 40 plus have a chance too when they take that green flag. The 40 best dirt mod drivers that have to deal with the slick track, the dust, the hole, the pits.  I hope this race does not go away. It’s special......  day, night, slick, tacky, late, in the sun, in the cold..... 40 drivers lay it all out to try to win this damn thing.....  just ask Mat W.        and that is what I love about SDW 200.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There was some brief gibberish about a WoO Sprint show at Oswego being mentioned on the PA I think Friday. Impossible in Oswego's current shape. The retaining walls themselves are fine, but you'd need TALL fencing like the new stuff in T3/4 at Port Royal. There's room all the way around Oswego, even on the front stretch, to put in the fence, but there's really no reason to do it unless they book at WoO, ASCoC or ESS/360 show. 

410's on a track like we had Saturday night would be terrifyingly fast. If that track had the least little bit of bite in it like it did Saturday, I bet $100 they shatter the fastest lap ever turned on dirt that they set at Rolling Wheels in 2015. Can you say 150mph average lap?

2 hours ago, westracing01 said:

There was some brief gibberish about a WoO Sprint show at Oswego being mentioned on the PA I think Friday. Impossible in Oswego's current shape. The retaining walls themselves are fine, but you'd need TALL fencing like the new stuff in T3/4 at Port Royal. There's room all the way around Oswego, even on the front stretch, to put in the fence, but there's really no reason to do it unless they book at WoO, ASCoC or ESS/360 show. 

410's on a track like we had Saturday night would be terrifyingly fast. If that track had the least little bit of bite in it like it did Saturday, I bet $100 they shatter the fastest lap ever turned on dirt that they set at Rolling Wheels in 2015. Can you say 150mph average lap?

I know the Rolling Wheels speed thing was mocked relentlessly on Hoseheads. The 410s did not average 140+ at Rolling Wheels. That track was really a half-mile, not a 5/8 mile that was used for the bogus average speed.

Rolling Wheels was not 25 mph faster than hammer down places like Knoxville and Port Royal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I miss  seeing MODS at Rolling Wheels.....  just a nice set up for a dirt track,  have some great memories from that place.  Such a shame that place is not open for racing.  Who did not love the SDW satellite races at that place?  Always excitement in the air on those nights.     "will they ever run there again"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

I know the Rolling Wheels speed thing was mocked relentlessly on Hoseheads. The 410s did not average 140+ at Rolling Wheels. That track was really a half-mile, not a 5/8 mile that was used for the bogus average speed.

Rolling Wheels was not 25 mph faster than hammer down places like Knoxville and Port Royal.

Oh I know. Just like Lebanon Valley is measured as a 5/8 when the WoO came to town. They like to promote the big speed. 

With that said, Oswego really would be that fast as long as there was some moisture in the track. Oswego's not 5/8 either, more like .55-.60 depending on where you measure.

Has any one been by rolling wheels lately? Is it anything more than a broken down weed patch by now?

2 hours ago, Dirtwatch66 said:

I miss  seeing MODS at Rolling Wheels.....  just a nice set up for a dirt track,  have some great memories from that place.  Such a shame that place is not open for racing.  Who did not love the SDW satellite races at that place?  Always excitement in the air on those nights.     "will they ever run there again"?

Long before all the other tracks jumped on the satellite wagon.  The 358 race Friday night at RWR was always the best race of Super Dirt Week

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see them run Oswego at night the race on Saturday was much better under the lights!!