Sign in to follow this  
racermurray

Two simple questions for race director of SDW

Saw a nicely prepared track and good racing Fri and Sat , what happened ? Why was a decision made to not prep the track for the main event on Sunday ?

Why was it necessary to run 3 or 4 laps under caution before opening pit road ? EVERY TIME !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, racermurray said:

Why was it necessary to run 3 or 4 laps under caution before opening pit road ? EVERY TIME !

I agree 1,000%!!! They wait that long to make sure everyone is lined up properly before opening the pits but there has to be a faster way especially on like lap 5. How many cars are really going to pit that early. Out of line when you enter the pits then get sent to the back of the pack. The excessive amount of yellows and the ridiculous amount of time it takes to 'open the pits' has me seriously considering not going next year. Hopefully they come up be a better process.  

• Like 3

Unless I'm missing something they can just line up the cars by who's on the track . Doesnt matter what place you're in if you're pitting.

• Like 1

Get a scanner and listen to Doug Leonard call a race. Awful is an understatement. They want it to be like NASCAR so badly that they seem to forget how to run a race... Every year. I swear, it's like for one week in October they forget that they've run a touring series all year.

The event is awesome. The organization of the racing part is, well, ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Get a scanner and listen to Doug Leonard call a race. Awful is an understatement. They want it to be like NASCAR so badly that they seem to forget how to run a race... Every year. I swear, it's like for one week in October they forget that they've run a touring series all year.

Modified fans insist their season ending races are NASCAR style races with live pit stops and hundreds of laps. I don’t know how else you’d expect anybody to treat them. 

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Ridiculous is making the cars do 300 laps in a 200 lap race . 

• Thanks 1

100 lap race, cautions do not count! The B.S. with the yellows was insane! Anyone know how many green flag laps were run? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rangers94 said:

100 lap race, cautions do not count! The B.S. with the yellows was insane! Anyone know how many green flag laps were run? 

Well 20 yellows, 5 laps counted for each yellow so that would be 100 laps under green.  The last 25 had to be under green so I would guess about 110 laps under green 

Why not start 36 cars and 100 green flap laps? If you bring out more than 1 yellow on your own you’re done. 

NY mod fans have always been about “‘more is better” for some reason. Mile tracks, 200 lappers, pretending your 1/2 mile tracks are 5/8ths (RWR). It’s interesting to observe. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, racermurray said:

Saw a nicely prepared track and good racing Fri and Sat , what happened ? Why was a decision made to not prep the track for the main event on Sunday ?

Right on racermurray!

Watched the whole week of Super Dirt Week on Floracing. Track conditions were remarked as flawless all week before Sunday... and they were flawless except for a hole developing between turn 3 and 4 at the end of the small block 150. That race was awesome!

The 200 suuuuuucked! Those responsible for not doing any track prep for Sunday and not having the foreseeable knowledge what problems that hole between 3 and 4 would pose should respond and own that poop! Worst 200 I have ever watched!

Orange County, Eastern States, I hope you were watching and saw that shitshow. Please, learn from that mess. Minus some bad decisions during the Centennial, caused by an act of God (the rain), that race was (as Hearn said) one of the best races to watch as a fan ever at OCFS! The track conditions were perfect, making for fan-tastic racing! With some help from mother nature, show the doubters why a 200 is still a race the fans want to make a weekend out of  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, franceslm1 said:

You mean like Flemington?

Like just about every track. We seriously had a discussion about tracks exaggerating their size like a week ago. 

1 hour ago, Rangers94 said:

I'm not sure on the green flag laps ran but with the interview with Dean Reynolds it was said there was 22 cautions.

Brett Hearn's crew said there was 289 (I might be a number or so off on that number) total laps ran.

50 minutes ago, blowinblackboogers said:

Right on racermurray!

Watched the whole week of Super Dirt Week on Floracing. Track conditions were remarked as flawless all week before Sunday... and they were flawless except for a hole developing between turn 3 and 4 at the end of the small block 150. That race was awesome!

The 200 suuuuuucked! Those responsible for not doing any track prep for Sunday and not having the foreseeable knowledge what problems that hole between 3 and 4 would pose should respond and own that poop! Worst 200 I have ever watched!

Orange County, Eastern States, I hope you were watching and saw that shitshow. Please, learn from that mess. Minus some bad decisions during the Centennial, caused by an act of God (the rain), that race was (as Hearn said) one of the best races to watch as a fan ever at OCFS! The track conditions were perfect, making for fan-tastic racing! With some help from mother nature, show the doubters why a 200 is still a race the fans want to make a weekend out of  

U are right.  Friday NIGHT and Saturday NIGHT the racing was great.   Now what was different on Sunday?   Oh that’s right it wasn’t at NIGHT.   It was in the bright sun shine. 

2 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

Modified fans insist their season ending races are NASCAR style races with live pit stops and hundreds of laps. I don’t know how else you’d expect anybody to treat them. 

It has nothing to do with year end.

The series runs simple 100 lap races during the summer. And it is still the same joke of running around for four or five laps after every stop for a flat.   Run the race.  

people have a legit question

What takes  it so long to line up after a yellow???  Are these guys trading places?

Run it

43 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

U are right.  Friday NIGHT and Saturday NIGHT the racing was great.   Now what was different on Sunday?   Oh that’s right it wasn’t at NIGHT.   It was in the bright sun shine. 

100 % agree they should start this race at about 6 PM, start the day at about noon run your sportsman and prockstock stuff.then take an hour or 2 and prep the the track for the 200, you would have way better co editions at night.

51 minutes ago, leroy said:

It has nothing to do with year end.

The series runs simple 100 lap races during the summer. And it is still the same joke of running around for four or five laps after every stop for a flat.   Run the race.  

people have a legit question

What takes  it so long to line up after a yellow???  Are these guys trading places?

Run it

Drivers get two courtesy laps to change a tire, and that doesn’t start until the car is actually in the hot pit area. Usually a lap until that happens, the two laps they are allowed, then another lap while they catch up to the back up of the pack before the green flies again. 

That’s why it takes 4 or 5 laps. 

2 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

Drivers get two courtesy laps to change a tire, and that doesn’t start until the car is actually in the hot pit area. Usually a lap until that happens, the two laps they are allowed, then another lap while they catch up to the back up of the pack before the green flies again. 

That’s why it takes 4 or 5 laps. 

But that wasn’t the problem.  They ran 4 laps under yellow everytime until they opened the pits.  Then another 3-5 laps while cars pitted.  So every caution they ran 8-10 laps under yellow.  Absolutely no reason they had to wait 4 laps to open the pits 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

But that wasn’t the problem.  They ran 4 laps under yellow everytime until they opened the pits.  Then another 3-5 laps while cars pitted.  So every caution they ran 8-10 laps under yellow.  Absolutely no reason they had to wait 4 laps to open the pits 

I was referring to the 100 lappers Leroy brought up. 

Get rid of the pit stops. Problem solved. 

• Thanks 1

Quit counting caution laps. Run the race at night so the track is raceable.

Cut the SuperDIRT race to 150 green flag laps, with a scheduled break at lap 75. (Works for the Outlaw 200 and Knoxville)

Edited by BillSmith
update

Just now, BillSmith said:

Quit counting caution laps.

Cut the SuperDIRT race to 150 green flag laps, with a scheduled break at lap 75. (Works for the Outlaw 200 and Knoxville)

Oh please don’t take a break at the halfway make.   🤦‍♂️    Pit stops are what makes these 200’s exciting and different.  It makes it a team race 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

I was referring to the 100 lappers Leroy brought up. 

Get rid of the pit stops. Problem solved. 

Open the damn pits earlier!!!!! Problem solved!!!!! Absolutely no reason to run 3-4 caution laps before opening the pits!!!!! It was a joke and an absolute waste of time and laps!!!!!

• Thanks 1

I could be wrong but I believe the reason for not opening the pits for 4 laps was because after 4 laps the laps where frozen.  U then could pit and didn’t matter how long u where in there u wouldnt lose a lap.   But either why it was a freaking joke.   A guy spins out and we are under yellow for 5-8 minutes 

15 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Open the damn pits earlier!!!!! Problem solved!!!!! Absolutely no reason to run 3-4 caution laps before opening the pits!!!!! It was a joke and an absolute waste of time and laps!!!!!

Live pit stops are an absolute waste of time and laps. . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Josh Bayko said:

Live pit stops are an absolute waste of time and laps. . 

What does live pit stops have to do with it?  If a driver gets a flat or spins out there is going to be yellows no matter what.