Sign in to follow this  
Dirtwatch66

Eastern States viewing

I saw a big tower put up this wk there,,,ONLY halmar approved broadcasts sorry had to say it lol,, I sure hope they will be allowed.

I do not care who live streams it....just hope that it is done.... :girlsmile:

DTD Tv will be there for the Hard Clay Finale on Thursday, but at this time that is the only broadcast from the weekend that we have scheduled.

The last few big races OCFS has kept the live broadcasts in house.  I’d send them a message to see if they are planning on streaming it or not. 

• Like 1

DTD Tv will be there for the Hard Clay Finale on Thursday, but at this time that is the only broadcast from the weekend that we have scheduled.

The last few big races OCFS has kept the live broadcasts in house.  I’d send them a message to see if they are planning on streaming it or not. 

Thanks,  If anyone else has information on this topic please send out. 

I just checked the OCFS website and there is no mention at all of ESW being broadcast there.  At this point i'd be hesitant to think that they are going to broadcast it, but I have no inside knowledge one way or the other.  

I just know that in the past, they've heavily promoted their live streaming for ESW last year, and the Centennial race this year.  Seems odd that if they were going to have it live streaming this year that its not on their website yet. 

• Sad 1

No there is no PPV for ESW this year I asked earlier this week and they got back to me. DTD only for Thursday's deyo show

On 10/22/2019 at 1:47 PM, paulgarrow said:

Tremont fan club usually livestreams.

they tend to re stream someone elses stream...  which is against the law...

I never understood people wanting to watch everything for free. This isn't Indy cars or Nascar. There isn't a million dollar tv package. If you start airing all these shows for free where are they going to get the money to pay for travel, work, equipment and everything else it takes to put on these streams? Why should you get it for free when a person at the track had to pay $40 to see it live? Come on.. I just paid $35 to watch this race here at home.  Track is probably Hour or so away.  I didn't have to spend any money on gas. I didn't have to pay to park. I don't have to worry about driving home afterwards. I'm watching some awesome racing.  And I had Pizza and wings delivered so I don't have to stand in line for food. How can you complain? Plus many of these races will be televised on MavTV later this year. So I can watch them again. :beer:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

I never understood people wanting to watch everything for free. This isn't Indy cars or Nascar. There isn't a million dollar tv package. If you start airing all these shows for free where are they going to get the money to pay for travel, work, equipment and everything else it takes to put on these streams? Why should you get it for free when a person at the track had to pay $40 to see it live? Come on.. I just paid $35 to watch this race here at home.  Track is probably Hour or so away.  I didn't have to spend any money on gas. I didn't have to pay to park. I don't have to worry about driving home afterwards. I'm watching some awesome racing.  And I had Pizza and wings delivered so I don't have to stand in line for food. How can you complain? Plus many of these races will be televised on MavTV later this year. So I can watch them again. :beer:

Someone gets it!  Yay!

• Like 1

I was not saying the price was high for these events,  for most part for a "real" race fan the price is not to bad.  My point was "If they can get the product out there more...would it bring in more/new fans.  To be able to follow the wholes series ( SDW/Short track) when a race comes to your home track or a track near by.  would fans flock to the track to see live.   Would more coverage and access to coverage bring in more sponsors to the car owners, bring in more interest to the series?   Would the series drum up enough interest for a main sponsor to pay for the Streaming (coverage) costs?

3 hours ago, Dirtwatch66 said:

I was not saying the price was high for these events,  for most part for a "real" race fan the price is not to bad.  My point was "If they can get the product out there more...would it bring in more/new fans.  To be able to follow the wholes series ( SDW/Short track) when a race comes to your home track or a track near by.  would fans flock to the track to see live.   Would more coverage and access to coverage bring in more sponsors to the car owners, bring in more interest to the series?   Would the series drum up enough interest for a main sponsor to pay for the Streaming (coverage) costs?

to answer your question .. No...  like it or not we are regional ...  the only thing that would happen if they did it for free is more people would stay home and watch... jmo

• Like 4

I remember that Fanschoice TV had a rule that you couldn't get a broadcast within 150 miles of the track (or something like that). Not sure if the rule is still in place.

From a promoters point of view, it makes sense not to let a person living a mile away to have that kind of access although I'm not sure where the distance line should be.

From a fans point of view, I would like to be able to have the option if I lived close but 95% of the time, I will be  at the track. However, there are people who are disabled or have other issues that don't allow them the ability to be there or just choose to relax on the sofa.

There is a very short play (in written form) by Jean Paul Sartre called "No Exit" that humorously describes why some people might stay home. 😉

I think the biggest issue right now is cost for individual races. Subscription models seem to be the way to go (Flo for example) and I think those streaming services  without subscription models are missing potential viewers.

I think those in charge of all this Dirt racing that we love need to really start looking at how to grow the  sport or at least sustain it.  The days of Ford fans VS Chevy fans ect ect are all but over. This generation does not care about cars and who makes them like our generation. ( the over 50)    a big reason we went to the track... to see them race.   Seeing less and less of the younger fans at the races it seems.   Teenagers seem they are not that into cars/ motors but rather their social media and video games.   Anyone have ideas out there on how we keep this sport going and growing..... or your local track will look like Rolling Wheels.   The idea of getting these races out there to watch (free and yes a local black rule somehow) out on the internet, to promote the young stars who are up and coming and promote the racing it self.

11 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

When is the rain date for Sunday?

Next Sunday

Per the OCFS Facebook page....Inclement weather is expected for Sunday, October 27th’s Eastern States 200.  In the event of rain, racing will be delayed as late as possible in an attempt to run it on the 27th.  If ultimately we are unable to run on the 27th, racing will be rescheduled for Sunday, November 3rd.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chas71 said:

I think the biggest issue right now is cost for individual races. Subscription models seem to be the way to go (Flo for example) and I think those streaming services  without subscription models are missing potential viewers.

I've done the math on Monthly Subscription vs. Pay Per Event because it's probably the #1 complaint that we get with DTD Tv...

Here is some math (and these are fake numbers, it's just easier to use round numbers to get the point across):

Let's say we sell a $20 ticket to watch a race at Land of Legends and 100 people buy it, that's $2,000 gross revenue from the event.  One single event has earned $2,000.00

Land of Legends during the summer months races between 4 and 5 times a month during the summer.  So if we charge $20 per event and get 100 people to purchase it 5 times per month that is $10,000.00 in gross revenue.  

If I want to make the same amount of gross revenue, I need to sell monthly subscriptions to Land of Legends at $100 A MONTH to earn the same amount of gross revenue that I get by selling each event individually.  At a more reasonable $19.99 per month, I need to amass a subscriber count of 500 to generate the same amount of gross revenue.  So i need approximately 5 times the number of subscribers when I switch to a subscription service.  And that is just for one Speedway.  I'd have to sell a different monthly subscription to Utica Rome on Sundays or the amount of subscribers I need to cover my potential losses doubles to 1,000 per month.

Personally, I don't think that is very realistic and it doesn't even take into consideration the concern from any promoter that would be out there because someone can purchase a monthly pass on DTD Tv and watch all month for a fraction of what it would cost for them to sit in the stands.  

------------

All the companies out there streaming on monthly subscription model.  Know what they have in common?  They are broadcasting to a national audience with nationally recognized brands like the World of Outlaws and USAC Sprint cars.  The only track they support weekly is Knoxville (where you had to buy a separate pass just for there), and that place is the mecca of sprint car racing for the world!  

• Like 1