Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the reason that Eastern States is not a Super DIRTcar series race anymore? I thoroughly enjoyed the strategy and races at Oswego this year and I'd love to see more of the "200" lap races. I guess I'm just stuck in the olden days with Lebanon Valley, Rolling Wheels, Syracuse, Fonda and Orange County all being 200 laps, even others for a bit. I wish we had more. I really miss the Super DIRT Series races at the end of year as it was truly the 2nd part of the season.

Also, Orange County has had an aggressive schedule this year. I hope it paid/pays off for them and we see more of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sicklajoie said:

"Aggressive schedule" means that a lot of $199 weekend pit passes are going to be sold.

Good for them......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

No sprint cars on tap for ESW this year? 

I hope not.  305 Sprints on that size track is like a jail sentence.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, westracing01 said:

No sprint cars on tap for ESW this year? 

There will be 360 sprints on Thursday night's STSS card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah ha! Damn. I should take a half day and go to that then pick up with my regularly scheduled trip to Port Royal on Friday. Have to see if the wife wants to do that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, scoobydoo3000 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the reason that Eastern States is not a Super DIRTcar series race anymore? I thoroughly enjoyed the strategy and races at Oswego this year and I'd love to see more of the "200" lap races. I guess I'm just stuck in the olden days with Lebanon Valley, Rolling Wheels, Syracuse, Fonda and Orange County all being 200 laps, even others for a bit. I wish we had more. I really miss the Super DIRT Series races at the end of year as it was truly the 2nd part of the season.

Also, Orange County has had an aggressive schedule this year. I hope it paid/pays off for them and we see more of it.

The last time it was part of the series it was a disaster on and off the track. OCFS dropped the DIRT sanction the following year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not dirt sanctioned but they follow the exact same rules and formats of the race being run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iceman44 said:

It's not dirt sanctioned but they follow the exact same rules and formats of the race being run

and thats because they want all the best drivers in attendance

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, foster said:

and thats because they want all the best drivers in attendance

Speaking of which, what other tracks are running against ESW this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dirtmodfan said:

Speaking of which, what other tracks are running against ESW this year?

New Egypt, NJ – The 7th Annual All Star Cup Shootout is taking place on Saturday, October 26th at the New Egypt Speedway. In the previous six races, only once has an outsider been able to score the victory, which was Duane Howard back in 2015. Previous winners of the All Star Cup Shootout are Gary Butler (2013), Billy Pauch Jr. (2014 & 2016), Duane Howard (2015), Brandon Grosso (2017) and Ryan Godown (2018). This year’s event will be 60 laps in distance, paying $6,000 to the winner and $400 just to start the main event.

New Egypt Speedway regulars looking to keep defending the home turf on the 26th include 2019 Modified champion Billy Pauch Jr., 2018 Modified champion David VanHorn, Danny Bouc, Brandon Grosso, Ryan Krachun, Mike Butler, Billy Osmun, Cale Ross, PJ Oliver, JR Fulper, Rich Rutski, Davey Sammons, Kevin Vaclavicek and Ryan Simmons.

Expected invaders taking on the New Egypt Speedway regulars include two-time New Egypt Speedway track champion’s in Jimmy Horton and Frank Cozze, John Willman, Alex Yankowski, Wade Hendrickson, Tommy Beamer, Jack Swain, Steve Young, Duane Howard and more!

The Larry’s Hot Rods & Harley’s Northeast Wingless Sprint Cars, Open Sportsman and Crate Modifieds will also be in competition next Saturday night.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, By The Book said:

The last time it was part of the series it was a disaster on and off the track. OCFS dropped the DIRT sanction the following year.

I asked this because they had a Super DIRTcar series race earlier this year as well as last year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

Huh ! No Horton or Cozze

in the small block race at ESW ?

Horton doesn't have a small block and Cozze doesn't have anything legal to run at ESW other than Thursday, unfortunately.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Horton always leaves on after Friday and comes back Sunday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No stew either sat for smb he's in the trucks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Iceman44 said:

No stew either sat for smb he's in the trucks 

Per AARN Chris Larsen has chartered a plane to get him to OCFS after Martinsville. Also, per just released competitor notes, all previous ESW Small Block 100 winners are guaranteed starters, so he is in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forecast looks horrible for Sunday with an inch of rain or so. However, there is a chance, I stress chance, to get it in under the lights Sunday night if that track doesn't flood and they can run it in. Might be racing to midnight, but that's nothing new. 

I seriously doubt they'd run it Monday. Their best bet would be to run it on Sunday Nov 3rd so as not to conflict with the STSS race at Georgetown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


















×