Sign in to follow this  

12 hours ago, lrgmouth said:

Heard that Jimmy Phelps will be in a Bicknell at ESW. Ordered 2 at SDW. 

if you cant beat them join them ..

17 hours ago, lrgmouth said:

Heard that Jimmy Phelps will be in a Bicknell at ESW. Ordered 2 at SDW. 

I wonder how other teams feel when they read stuff like this; “ordered 2 at SDW”. Like shoot, some of these teams are better funded than Truck teams. How the heck do you keep up? I wish I could say talent alone can put you up front but the truth is this is a sport in which money certainly matters and largely influences the outcomes. And worse yet, I don’t know how you unring this bell?  

The team with the most money wins......I have been attending as a fan, team owner & a driver for 66 years and i am at the point where I rarely attend a race anymore because they are all the same & the top 5 is almost always high dollar cars.....It's just a shame what has happened to a sport that at one time was exciting

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnyC said:

I wonder how other teams feel when they read stuff like this; “ordered 2 at SDW”. Like shoot, some of these teams are better funded than Truck teams. How the heck do you keep up? I wish I could say talent alone can put you up front but the truth is this is a sport in which money certainly matters and largely influences the outcomes. And worse yet, I don’t know how you unring this bell?  

they were ordered before super dirt week ...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racer80 said:

The team with the most money wins......I have been attending as a fan, team owner & a driver for 66 years and i am at the point where I rarely attend a race anymore because they are all the same & the top 5 is almost always high dollar cars.....It's just a shame what has happened to a sport that at one time was exciting

12 races, 12 different winners on the STSS tour this year so far

So let me get this straight. If I buy the same car as the Matt and Matt show I’ll win races and championships?:)) I do not buy it. Perrego looked strong at Oswego. Marc Johnson won A/S title and Britten was second at valley, while Brett and Perrego were strong at OCFS . Teams need to work harder to find the advantage on their own car. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Outlaw Photos said:

they were ordered before super dirt week ...

Fair enough. Point still stands 

9 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

So let me get this straight. If I buy the same car as the Matt and Matt show I’ll win races and championships?:)) I do not buy it. Perrego looked strong at Oswego. Marc Johnson won A/S title and Britten was second at valley, while Brett and Perrego were strong at OCFS . Teams need to work harder to find the advantage on their own car. 

No, money alone guarantees nothing. You can buy the same car with all the same parts and same set up and still not win a darn thing. But on the other hand you can work your ass off, leverage experience and great skill and still not win a thing. Brett and Perrego are both well funded drivers so not sure why they are being referenced? 

12 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Well that’s partially true....but Oswego is not a regular race or facility....Middletown and the valley don’t count much either as they are rarely the same type racing conditions that most see...you just have to look at the sds finishes, and races like the outlaw 200...weekly races at 90% of all facilities....the bicknell cars are far and away superior....time and time again drivers switch that direction and see better results, mike Maresca is certainly the big one at the moment....maybe Hbr is tired of trying to work and test and design cars with the other manufacturers...jimmy certainly cannot dedicate the same amount of time to the racing as some of the others, so having cars that are good out of the box will make life easier....Scott bloomquist did an interview years back where he stated it’s easier on him if all the fast cars are the same as is own, it eliminates most of the guess work and he can focus on the few unknowns each driver has. 

2 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

They are being referenced to show you can win and be competitive in a Teo. I forgot the great year Rocky had. Hard work and the right setup can beat funding without the whole package 

Ocfs is one of the few places where the Teo cars were real good....partially because the good guys in bicknells don’t race there...motor package means a lot at places like Fonda where it’s open rules, and all cars are far more forgiving with a small block under the hood, big or small, and the good guys in bicknells don’t race there either. The surfaces that the sds typically sees, the cny big block racing that teams like HBR do week in and week out is where the advantage is seen. The other manufacturers are way behind when it comes to slick surface big block racing. 

Speaking of Fonda and rocky, he had a great year which was awesome to see. He looked to have something for stew up until stew got a bicknell.

It's not good for the sport if everybody has the same chassis.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, leroy said:

12 races, 12 different winners on the STSS tour this year so far

7 north and 7 south races on the stss and Sheppard won 5 of them

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chas71 said:

Totally agree but that’s the other manufacturers fault....they have a sub par product as of now but they are still more expensive to build than a bicknell....they should be banging on the door of guys that are up and coming and be giving cars away to attempt to get some market share back....

Rpm 

i don’t think either the Troyer or Teo are subpar. I think all 3 manufacturers build a quality car. Where its at is shock and spring set up . The top teams have found a valving and spring preload that is really working. What sets Bicknell apart is Randy Williamson. He is amazing to listen to his customers and help them solve the issues your having with your car. Plus with more cars out there comes more solution finders to problems. I’m not say Randy is smarter than Billy or Bobby just takes a little more time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Rpm 

i don’t think either the Troyer or Teo are subpar. I think all 3 manufacturers build a quality car. Where its at is shock and spring set up . The top teams have found a valving and spring preload that is really working. What sets Bicknell apart is Randy Williamson. He is amazing to listen to his customers and help them solve the issues your having with your car. Plus with more cars out there comes more solution finders to problems. I’m not say Randy is smarter than Billy or Bobby just takes a little more time.

A bicknell car today is almost identical to a bicknell car built 5 to 10 years ago....yes they have switched to left side panhard/j bar and yes they are all basically on coils...but so is everyone else. Spring rates on the front and rear are all basically the same for each manufacturer....225 lf, 150-175 rf, 125-200 lr and a 200 rr are all standard....Hbr has been on integras all year, they are not getting any less information than anyone else, and with their ability to test and collect data, they probably have more ability to get the most out of the car. In the last 5 seasons the Teo cars have changed drastically, from 5degree raised torque arm cars, to strap cars with no underslung, to the new stage 4 design with all adjustable fuel cells, and higher static rear percentage. Troyer has went from a td1 to a td4 with every half increment in between....yes I do agree they all build quality stuff, troyers fabrication is second to none, but at 12 grand for a frame and body, and the constant upgrade costs, most teams are not willing to keep playing guinea pig for the other guys to catch up. It’s easier to call bicknell, order the cars and parts and have not only the best racecar but by far the best tech support. 

If you are running well (or are well financed) in a car other than a Bicknell, Randy will court you. May aggressively, maybe subtly, but he will. He did it with Fuller. He did it with Planck. Buzz Chew when Mahaney was still the driver. This year he got Stewey and now HBR. Graham is probably next on the radar.

It's just like any other business. Bicknell is the 800lb. gorilla in the room. And yes, Randy is there for everybody. Never heard anyone say a bad word about him.

10 hours ago, chas71 said:

Would be great to see HBR back to being one of the favorites on the tour again.

If every car was a BRP and it meant we now have 10-12 cars that could win on the tour instead of the few we have now, I don't see it as a bad thing at all.

9 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

If every car was a BRP and it meant we now have 10-12 cars that could win on the tour instead of the few we have now, I don't see it as a bad thing at all.

You want a spec chassis series??

Well the one good thing is bicknell has quite a few different options to suit different drivers or tracks, so a team still can be different than their competitors. It’s not a spec chassis when rules don’t demand it....it’s not dirtcars or deyos or bicknells fault the other builders can’t figure it out....