Sign in to follow this  
Scott Friers

Fonda Speedway.......another upgrade!!!!!!

6 hours ago, J. Downing said:

Jake is a big boy now, if someone owes him anything he knows how to get it! The current promotor has NOTHING to do with the ass hat that ran the place into the ground and didnt pay his bills! Ronnie can stay away, he isnt gonna draw that much to Fonda, not a 1/4 of the driver his father was, let it go!! 
  I would love to see the Ridge run friday. Fonda sat then Utica Sundays, the 3 track circuit would be a financial win for the teams that ran those three each week! The amount of cars that dont make the features at Malta each week shows there is cars that could actually race elsewhere on Friday nights!   

You wouldn’t say that about Ronnie if he was still a Fonda regular...so many on here are 2 faced 🙄

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

You wouldn’t say that about Ronnie if he was still a Fonda regular...so many on here are 2 faced 🙄

Never been a ronnie fan, so im not two faced at all. If he left the valley what would you have to champion for. 

On 10/22/2019 at 10:53 PM, Scott Friers said:

I'm hearing 200+ loads of new clay being put down around the track!!!!!!!

Another HUGE investment by Brett and Heather Deyo into the Track of Champions. Gearing up for another great season of racing in 2020!!!!!!!

Land of Legends Raceway and Penn Can Speedway both getting a new clay surface put down on them. A huge investment by the Cole and Folk family’s. Both looking forward to great 2020 racing seasons.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RJO said:

Land of Legends Raceway and Penn Can Speedway both getting a new clay surface put down on them. A huge investment by the Cole and Folk family’s. Both looking forward to great 2020 racing seasons.

Great news for all three tracks!!!!! 

There's already a post about LOL putting down clay.

22 hours ago, Outlaw Photos said:

what flavor Koolaid are you drinking?

cherry

14 hours ago, J. Downing said:

Jake is a big boy now, if someone owes him anything he knows how to get it! The current promotor has NOTHING to do with the person that ran the place into the ground and didnt pay his bills! Ronnie can stay away, he isnt gonna draw that much to Fonda, not a 1/4 of the driver his father was, let it go!! 
  I would love to see the Ridge run friday. Fonda sat then Utica Sundays, the 3 track circuit would be a financial win for the teams that ran those three each week! The amount of cars that dont make the features at Malta each week shows there is cars that could actually race elsewhere on Friday nights!   

Mod Edit... no need to name call

WTF? Let what go? I never said the current promoter owes anybody anything.  And if you knew anything about racing you would know about 90% of the drivers out there today are not a 1/4 of the driver that Jack Johnson was. Sounds like you are new to the sport.

5 hours ago, RJO said:

I don't know about LoL but Penn Can Speedway gets it's clay right on the property.  But yeah you do have to have equipment to dig it, move it, and lay it down. 

Also the teams that run Sundays at Utica/Rome are all DIRTcar legal small blocks.  What are they suppose to do?

Everyone has a fav., over the years they come and go. What some consider a driver to be varies. I grew up watching at Fonda  the BR Dewit 12 hook the front tire on the inside corner berms and ride the corners like a rail, some loved it, I wasn't a fan. That isn't driving to me, again to each his own. Many have tried to convince me Ronnie was what his dad once was, my point is he isn't and never will be. The same analogy was used for years with Earnhardt and Jr, same thing applies, not even close!  As far as the question let what go, it was a comment on your statement about old promoter and money owed, my point being, that person is no longer involved with the track, so its not the tracks fault, hence let it go. I can remember going to Fonda when I was about 5ish, im 45 now, far from new, not that matters, but to be fully honest with you! 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 10:00 PM, J. Downing said:

Everyone has a fav., over the years they come and go. What some consider a driver to be varies. I grew up watching at Fonda  the BR Dewit 12 hook the front tire on the inside corner berms and ride the corners like a rail, some loved it, I wasn't a fan. That isn't driving to me, again to each his own. Many have tried to convince me Ronnie was what his dad once was, my point is he isn't and never will be. The same analogy was used for years with Earnhardt and Jr, same thing applies, not even close!  As far as the question let what go, it was a comment on your statement about old promoter and money owed, my point being, that person is no longer involved with the track, so its not the tracks fault, hence let it go. I can remember going to Fonda when I was about 5ish, im 45 now, far from new, not that matters, but to be fully honest with you! 

Sounds good... Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:57 PM, Jack Brady said:

Also the teams that run Sundays at Utica/Rome are all DIRTcar legal small blocks.  What are they suppose to do?

Put A/R on race.

If the track stays a skating rink like some on here claim?   Why not

Deyo rules for the most part do not exclude cars

On 10/24/2019 at 9:57 PM, Jack Brady said:

Same thing teams did when they went to dirt legal small blocks....

• Like 2

Unlike past years Utica/Rome wasn't consistently slick this past season. 

On 10/23/2019 at 6:48 PM, J. Downing said:

Guess its hard to watch the other racing after the restarts, its not every lap of every feature, but there was a lot of it! 

I’m just messing with you. Not a fan of Fonda racing but certainly want to see the track have success and carry on.

• Thanks 1

I hate when posts get derailed and I hate carrying on a derailment, but ...

Do any of you realize that, when you talk shit about Ronnie Johnson by saying his father was better ... you're not complimenting Jack ... you're insulting him?

Sorry for sidetracking this, Scott Friers. Now ... back to the original topic ...

The improvements to Fonda in 2019 were outstanding. By the look of things, Brett is planning to out-do himself in 2020.  Only time will tell how the new surface effects things. It may start out crappy and get great. It may start out great and get crappy. It may actually even make no difference at all. No one knows. But I do know this ... the man is making changes with the best interests of the track and the fans in mind.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GasketCase said:

I hate when posts get derailed and I hate carrying on a derailment, but ...

Do any of you realize that, when you talk shit about Ronnie Johnson by saying his father was better ... you're not complimenting Jack ... you're insulting him?

Sorry for sidetracking this, Scott Friers. Now ... back to the original topic ...

The improvements to Fonda in 2019 were outstanding. By the look of things, Brett is planning to out-do himself in 2020.  Only time will tell how the new surface effects things. It may start out crappy and get great. It may start out great and get crappy. It may actually even make no difference at all. No one knows. But I do know this ... the man is making changes with the best interests of the track and the fans in mind.

look at you being the voice of reason.... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Outlaw Photos said:

look at you being the voice of reason.... lol

The devil must be a little chilly down in hell, because it has clearly frozen over when Gasketcase is the voice of reason... 

• Haha 2

I grew up going to Fonda.   I visited this summer, and was pleasantly surprised that the men's bathroom had some work done.   Maybe that's not very new, but just an observation after recalling the filth I walked into for years.  

1 hour ago, GasketCase said:

What? I am always the voice of reason.

He said "reason"....not Friesen.....LOL

• Haha 1

Stewie should have me speak for him. He'd be much funnier.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:55 PM, Jack Brady said:

I don't know about LoL but Penn Can Speedway gets it's clay right on the property.  But yeah you do have to have equipment to dig it, move it, and lay it down. 

LoL also got the clay from on site looks good driving bye.

22 hours ago, Ric said:

I grew up going to Fonda.   I visited this summer, and was pleasantly surprised that the men's bathroom had some work done.   Maybe that's not very new, but just an observation after recalling the filth I walked into for years.  

Most of those upgrades were made during the Matt Delorenzo Era (about 6 years ago). 

• Like 1