Sign in to follow this  
Justracing44

Eastern States Sunday

Any ideas heard of what will happen with the weather forecasted?

Monday rain date? Can they do everything on Saturday? Come back another weekend?

From the OCFS Facebook page...

"Inclement weather is expected for Sunday, October 27th’s Eastern States 200. In the event of rain, racing will be delayed as late as possible in an attempt to run it on the 27th. If ultimately we are unable to run on the 27th, racing will be rescheduled for Sunday, November 3rd."

Jeremie Corcoran will be there all weekend.  If the rain quits on Sunday, he will get the track into shape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With heavy rain Sunday.  They should run the whole event on Saturday.  Teams will not have to drive back next week.   Revise the schedule , add time for track maintenance .    

You can move starting times on race day, but moving an entire event up a day will never work. You have a lot of fans who are going Sunday only who may not be able to go Saturday. 

Imagine the shit rain OCFS, or any track, would receive if they screwed the fans like that.

Case in point, Port Royal has already moved tomorrow's Outlaw race up 4 hours to 1pm. That's going to effect people as it is, but not as bad a moving it a whole day.

They can run it at night if they have to. I would think if they can get a green flag by 7 or 8 then they can run it Sunday.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dirtwatch66 said:

With heavy rain Sunday.  They should run the whole event on Saturday.  Teams will not have to drive back next week.   Revise the schedule , add time for track maintenance .    

That's a terrible idea, unacceptable.

• Like 1

maybe they can add a 30 lap modified feature and pay 2000 to win and charge everyone again to get in next week.. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So let’s make all the teams have to come back a week later.... good idea.  Calling for two inches of rain there Sunday.   

They brought everybody back in APRIL one year.  There' a lot of folks out there that bought Sunday only tickets because they can't make any of the other days.  I have to ask, did you purchase tickets for any of the races?

• Like 1

So let’s make all the teams have to come back a week later.... good idea.  Calling for two inches of rain there Sunday.   

with 2" of rain i hope they have enough sense to pull all the haulers from the pit area. i can see a major problems  with leaving them all day sun. by sun. night. can we say mug bogs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dirtwatch66 said:

You'd think that the track would have the foresight to not schedule a race on a rainy day. I've never heard of this happening before!!!

• Haha 8

15 hours ago, Outlaw Photos said:

maybe they can add a 30 lap modified feature and pay 2000 to win and charge everyone again to get in next week.. lol

Brett's not managing the track till next year.

• Haha 1

What a sh*t show this if for lack of a better term. They are using a fire truck in the pits to pump water out of the track and spraying it back over the racing surface onto cars in the drive-in areas.

Well, it worked. The lake on the backstretch drained and we're racing. Halfway through the street stock feature as I type this.

I'll give them this much, they didn't give up on it. Everyone wants to see what a late season 200 lapper looks like under the lights, now you'll find out.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Well, it worked. The lake on the backstretch drained and we're racing. Halfway through the street stock feature as I type this.

I'll give them this much, they didn't give up on it. Everyone wants to see what a late season 200 lapper looks like under the lights, now you'll find out.

Isn't Fulton usually under the lights? Fonda was this year.

3 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

Isn't Fulton usually under the lights? Fonda was this year.

Indeed. I actually forgot about Fonda. I meant that more in comparison to everyone complaining about Oswego and how it should be run at night, but you're right, there are 200 lappers run at night.

• Like 1

The only difference is those were run on Saturday night

On 10/27/2019 at 3:31 PM, SaturdayNightSpecial said:

What a sh*t show this if for lack of a better term. They are using a fire truck in the pits to pump water out of the track and spraying it back over the racing surface onto cars in the drive-in areas.

Lol ... there’s no way that surface will provide great racing. Damn it ... disregard. It was a great race

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 12:46 PM, DaRooster said:

Jeremie Corcoran will be there all weekend.  If the rain quits on Sunday, he will get the track into shape.

Jeremie has been doing a great job with track prep...he set fast time for a grader on 5/8 mile track Saturday

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2019 at 9:41 PM, DaRooster said:

That's a terrible idea, unacceptable.

IMHO I think they should reschedule ESW before Labor Day...like the same week they ran the 100th this year.  Hold the premier event before summer is officially over so people can schedule it into their summer vacation plans.  Much warmer weather and a later sunset for more available daylight. 

4 hours ago, atlkevin said:

IMHO I think they should reschedule ESW before Labor Day...like the same week they ran the 100th this year.  Hold the premier event before summer is officially over so people can schedule it into their summer vacation plans.  Much warmer weather and a later sunset for more available daylight. 

Chris Larsen may just do that, but it won't sit well with traditionalists.  I've been going to the ESW 200 a long time, and the weather has been favorable for the majority of them.  There's something very special about this Fall classic, drivers, owners, and fans talk about the "special feel" of this end-of-season event with great anticipation and excitement, much in the way they spoke of Syracuse (remember, ESW is older than SDW.)  Also remember that the Centennial race was held up for hours in an effort to gain a more favorable track surface at night.  I'll go whenever it is held, but I do prefer October.  We shall see.........

• Like 6

I believe Chris said in this week's AARN that despite the good racing that Sunday night provided (with the rain obviously helping), he didn't see the schedule changing for next year. But at the end of the article he didnt quite say it was definite. There was a slight slight slight chance that a night race was a small small possibility.