Sign in to follow this  
smokefan

Friesen in truck series

So I saw on Nascar website that GMS had its driver line up for 2020 and it didn’t include Friesen. Has anyone heard about Stews plans for that series next year?

He's not a GMS Driver..  Halmar has a deal for GMS to supply trucks to be run by Halmar.

I was pretty pissed too. But college football makes a ton more commercial money, and FS2 where they started the football game had world cup soccer coming on another big money draw. So racing gets to take a back seat again. No interviews or finishes. Nothing..... If it was on the other hand we would of missed the start of the race. Because they still would of done all their interviews.

• Like 1

Idk who the hell wants to watch World Cup soccer in the United States....I can understand college football....but soccer...I’d rather watch the kardashians and they make me vomit.

57 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Idk who the hell wants to watch World Cup soccer in the United States....I can understand college football....but soccer...I’d rather watch the kardashians and they make me vomit.

You may enjoy this:

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

I know this has been discussed on here before, but how many people do you think are watching the Trucks? The rating for NASCAR Truck races are microscopic.

17 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

I know this has been discussed on here before, but how many people do you think are watching the Trucks? The rating for NASCAR Truck races are microscopic.

I was watching the trucks then...….

I would rather watch trucks than whatever is above.^^

The chick does not look too bad . But the dog sucking on a rawhide biscuit not so much

I do not watch as much NASCAR as I once did.  But the little bit I do?  I like watching trucks better than cup

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Rpm72x.....”if I don’t like it, nobody else should either”!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, rpm72x said:

You may feel that way and that’s fine. I personally don’t like soccer but I’d be a fool to suggest that it doesn’t have a following that 10,000 times bigger than nascar trucks 

• Like 2

Why are we on soccer...this is a STU thread.     Stu...awesome run at martinsville, I think I can speak for most DIRT MOD fans that we are all pulling for you and your success at the higher level. You have handled yourself like a pro when doing the interviews.   I think you have shown DIRT MOD drives are real racers too.   I would think people who are not fans of yours on DIRT are pulling for you in NASCAR world.   Good luck rest of the way.

• Like 2

Sauter probably has it out for all the GMS and GMS backed trucks.. after all, he got booted for guys bring money to the table....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Rabbitt said:

Sauter probably has it out for all the GMS and GMS backed trucks.. after all, he got booted for guys bring money to the table....

Right, but this bullshit also happened 2 or 3 times last year when Sauter was still with GMS

4 hours ago, Dirtwatch66 said:

Why are we on soccer...this is a STU thread.     Stu...awesome run at martinsville, I think I can speak for most DIRT MOD fans that we are all pulling for you and your success at the higher level. You have handled yourself like a pro when doing the interviews.   I think you have shown DIRT MOD drives are real racers too.   I would think people who are not fans of yours on DIRT are pulling for you in NASCAR world.   Good luck rest of the way.

Definitely not speaking for me!

6 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

Rpm72x.....”if I don’t like it, nobody else should either”!

Well....being that you can listen to every sports show on tv and radio and virtually never hear a thing about soccer...except when soccer players complain they are not paid as well as athletes in other American sports, im thinking most Americans don’t care for soccer....unfortunately The United States is full of people who are not Americans so we have to cut an American sporting event short to air a soccer game. I’m obviously not a soccer fan, but I don’t care if you are...it just pisses me off that an event that is just about over has to be immediately cut off  so that we can watch something that just started....nothing unusually exciting happens in soccer so they could’ve aired the last 5 laps and then cut to the game, losing 10 minutes of guys running around aimlessly wouldn’t of hurt anyone. If the roles were reversed that’s what would’ve happened.

5 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Well....being that you can listen to every sports show on tv and radio and virtually never hear a thing about soccer...except when soccer players complain they are not paid as well as athletes in other American sports, im thinking most Americans don’t care for soccer....unfortunately The United States is full of people who are not Americans so we have to cut an American sporting event short to air a soccer game. I’m obviously not a soccer fan, but I don’t care if you are...it just pisses me off that an event that is just about over has to be immediately cut off  so that we can watch something that just started....nothing unusually exciting happens in soccer so they could’ve aired the last 5 laps and then cut to the game losing 10 minutes of guys running around aimlessly wouldn’t of hurt anyone. If the roles were reversed that’s what would’ve happened.

Donald Trump is that you? Most Americans don’t care for soccer? Cut an American sporting event short? US is full of people who are not American? Holy smokes my man...

But the kicker is the ignorance regarding salaries. Do you have a clue how much money some soccer players are making?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Well....being that you can listen to every sports show on tv and radio and virtually never hear a thing about soccer...except when soccer players complain they are not paid as well as athletes in other American sports, im thinking most Americans don’t care for soccer....unfortunately The United States is full of people who are not Americans so we have to cut an American sporting event short to air a soccer game. I’m obviously not a soccer fan, but I don’t care if you are...it just pisses me off that an event that is just about over has to be immediately cut off  so that we can watch something that just started....nothing unusually exciting happens in soccer so they could’ve aired the last 5 laps and then cut to the game losing 10 minutes of guys running around aimlessly wouldn’t of hurt anyone. If the roles were reversed that’s what would’ve happened.

With all due respect, you are really out of touch with the popularity of soccer. In terms of salary and social media follows/likes, the elite soccer players of the world dwarf any U.S. athlete.

Your stance about "nothing exciting" happens in soccer  and "running around aimlessly" is the exact same argument that non race fans make about our sport.

• Like 2

Oh I agree on a global level soccer is huge compared to American sports....top level soccer players make enormous amounts of money....but none of that has made it popular here....our men’s soccer teams are not good...it has no relevance on sports shows in the us...it does not have it own night to be the main sport on tv....it’s being aired on fs2 for a reason. Like I said if it was the other way around were missing the start of a race to watch the last minutes of soccer....it’s just my opinion, to each their own. It’s a huge global sport, but we basically renamed it so that nobody confused it with our football. 

As far as worldwide popularity of athletes....most every list you can find from the last few years has Lebron James, tiger woods, Kevin Durant, steph curry and Phil Michelson all in the top 10....along with Rafael nadal and roger Federer. None of these guys play soccer....and having 5 American sports figures in the top 10 is quite a sign that our sports have closed the gap globally.