Been thinking about doing some redesigning to the front page.  What do you want to see done?  To be fair, we are rookies when it come to this stuff, but we do our best for having no special training in web design.  So what do you want to see and we'll try to make it happen.  I want to incorporate more videos with our news etc.    

I wouldn't mind seeing more interviews or just some good opinion videos.  Along with regular good stories.

I am happy with the way it is.   The DTD team does a great job.   Really like the driver interviews and race recap videos .   More race highlights would be cool if they are available.  Thanks very much for all the Eastern States coverage you were able to provide last weekend

• Like 3

Follow along with me here...

One of the things I enjoyed most about country music back in the 80's was that television presentation had shifted a gear and there were lots of videos on TNN where the pioneers and legends of country music would all sit in a circle and talk about anything. Then the NASCAR scene started doing the same thing with their legends. 

Now that was on national television which was overseen by FCC, so they couldn't talk openly. But this is the internet where the FCC has no say. I'd like to see groups of people able to talk like they were sitting around a campfire, all trading funny stories of things they encountered in their careers. We've got some great story tellers out there. 

Imagine this. A lot of us read Bob McCreadie's  book. But I've talked to Bob one on one several times, and the wording in the book was definitely screened. I would have loved to have heard the unfiltered version of the day Bob paid a toll to go over a bridge, and as he proceeded to climb the grade, his tow rig quit. And then the brakes went. If I remember this right, they went back through the toll gate backwards towing a trailer. 

There are lots of those stories out there, but need to be told campfire style.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Follow along with me here...

One of the things I enjoyed most about country music back in the 80's was that television presentation had shifted a gear and there were lots of videos on TNN where the pioneers and legends of country music would all sit in a circle and talk about anything. Then the NASCAR scene started doing the same thing with their legends. 

Now that was on national television which was overseen by FCC, so they couldn't talk openly. But this is the internet where the FCC has no say. I'd like to see groups of people able to talk like they were sitting around a campfire, all trading funny stories of things they encountered in their careers. We've got some great story tellers out there. 

Imagine this. A lot of us read Bob McCreadie's  book. But I've talked to Bob one on one several times, and the wording in the book was definitely screened. I would have loved to have heard the unfiltered version of the day Bob paid a toll to go over a bridge, and as he proceeded to climb the grade, his tow rig quit. And then the brakes went. If I remember this right, they went back through the toll gate backwards towing a trailer. 

There are lots of those stories out there, but need to be told campfire style.

How about incorporate a Jerry Springer venue into the interviews. Hearn and Johnson, Sheppard and Wright and maybe if I may Mahaney and Watt, Varin and Sears, Bruno and Marc Johnson. Hey Springer made a fortune exploiting peoples discontent for one another!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, leroy said:

I am happy with the way it is.   The DTD team does a great job.   Really like the driver interviews and race recap videos .   More race highlights would be cool if they are available.  Thanks very much for all the Eastern States coverage you were able to provide last weekend

I agree with leroy.  You guys doing a bang-up job and I trust your judgement with any changes you make (or do not make!).  And, thanks so much for your ESW realtime updates.  I had a reserved grandstand seat but due to an injured back was unable to attend.  Again, thanks!   

• Like 1

Everything is awesome but up to date points would be great, one more reason to visit the site. Instead of visiting each series/track separately

• Like 2

I also agree. All of you do a great job covering everywhere. Change it however you see fit for the best of the site. 

The chat room, i spent a lot of time in that back in the day.  I don't know if my can handle the lack of sleep I would get chatting with Miller all night.

Thanks for the kind words guys.  We have so many great people that make all the coverage happen.

Right now i'm looking to consolidate the front page a bit to make it easier to navigate.  Videos will keep coming and who knows maybe a weekly podcast again.  I kind of miss it a little bit.  I've been on the Racing Rivalz show talking racing the last couple of weeks with Adam Ross and Clinton Geoffrey talking racing while watching Team DTD compete in the iRacing league.

I know you have the super schedule. But maybe put up a weekly/weekend schedule with start times and cancellations if and when they happen?

I would love do more with events each weekend, but we just don't have the staff to do that weekly.  We look a lot bigger than we are lol.  All of the owners and staff here have full-time jobs to support the "fun" job haha

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:47 AM, robertmorris said:

How about incorporate a Jerry Springer venue into the interviews. Hearn and Johnson, Sheppard and Wright and maybe if I may Mahaney and Watt, Varin and Sears, Bruno and Marc Johnson. Hey Springer made a fortune exploiting peoples discontent for one another!

Jerry Springer is the worst thing to ever happen to television. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Jerry Springer is the worst thing to ever happen to television. 

Dr. Phil might have something to say about that.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dirt-in-my-beer said:

Dr. Phil might have something to say about that.  

Or perhaps Maury? 🤣

20 hours ago, MikeMallett said:

I would love do more with events each weekend, but we just don't have the staff to do that weekly.  We look a lot bigger than we are lol.  All of the owners and staff here have full-time jobs to support the "fun" job haha

I do get that.  Personally I am not a big fan of change. If it aint broke do not fix.

Which is why I posted I like things just fine as they are.    You guys do a good job

• Like 4

1 minute ago, leroy said:

I do get that.  Personally I am not a big fan of change. If it aint broke do not fix.

Which is why I posted I like things just fine as they are.    You guys do a good job

Agreed... the only reason I requested the points updates was because I have more faith in you guys doing it faster than the actual tracks...😁

• Like 1

it's like the wizard of Oz here... lol   

• Like 1