So I'm noticing guys I thought were very loyal to Cyclone and Teo switching to Bicknell,so obviously

Bicknell has something the others don't? So how is it that Teo and Cyclone have fallen so short? 

4 hours ago, Justracing44 said:

Sheppard has a bicknell. Sheppard is fast. Be like Sheppard

Pretty true....the only cars that beat Sheppard are bicknells, there is no sense in trying with anything else...

The pendulum swung bicknells direction 15 years ago....now we’re seeing the final few dominoes with names finally fall. 

15 years ago when they brought in a Teo to copy it?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

15 years ago when they brought in a Teo to copy it?

Yea your pretty much correct....the end of the bicknell downtube....and the beginning of bicknells dominance....I think it was around 2001 

Yeah if I'm right it was actually Randy Kisacky who bought the Teo and took it up to Bicknell.

Idk if that shows how smart or how dumb Bobby hearn and the guys from Teo are....they designed a car that bicknell has basically cornered the market with over the last 20 years.....besides a few small changes that are no secret the bicknell cars havnt really changed from that 2000-2001 midrail chassis. Teo on the other hand has built a bunch of totally different cars and has lost tons of customers in the process... 

I do think the fit and finish, along with the design of the bodies on both the teos and troyers are far nicer than the bicknell. Some parts of the bicknell bodies look unfinished, or like they are an afterthought. 

Bicknell wasn’t the only Teo copy though....after a few years wasted on the 4- link cars, troyer copied the Teo almost exactly....the way the cage was built behind the driver , the bumpers, front clip and  fuel cell areas were almost exact to a Teo....needless to say the troyer SLR was nowhere near as successful as the bicknell. 

7 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Bicknell wasn’t the only Teo copy though....after a few years wasted on the 4- link cars, troyer copied the Teo almost exactly....the way the cage was built behind the driver , the bumpers, front clip and  fuel cell areas were almost exact to a Teo....needless to say the troyer SLR was nowhere near as successful as the bicknell. 

And the notch on the front left frame rail.  Bobby adds a notch, Bicknell follows.  The "secret" to Bicknell's success are two proven business principles:  KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) and mass production, allowing for lower costs and cusomer's expenses.  Just plain smart.

• Like 1

Other than having way more numbers helping their case, are there sportsman cars other than BRP that are winning often?

The top drivers can win in anything, if a 8th to 10th place guy switches and all of a sudden is up front weekly, I would say there's something in the switch. 

With so many Bicknells out there, it's not only the support from BRP themselves,  there's also the support of the friends in the pits beside you that you can pick their brain. 

31 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

Other than having way more numbers helping their case, are there sportsman cars other than BRP that are winning often?

The top drivers can win in anything, if a 8th to 10th place guy switches and all of a sudden is up front weekly, I would say there's something in the switch. 

With so many Bicknells out there, it's not only the support from BRP themselves,  there's also the support of the friends in the pits beside you that you can pick their brain. 

Yea the other chassis manufacturers seem to be more equal in the sportsman and small block ranks....the cars are far more forgiving.....Chris raabe, Connor Cleveland, rocky warner, tim Hartmann all win consistently without bicknells 

12 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Yeah if I'm right it was actually Randy Kisacky who bought the Teo and took it up to Bicknell.

Andy Romano... lays claim to that event....   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Outlaw Photos said:

Andy Romano... lays claim to that event....   

Think it was Pat Abold who sold the car when he found out DIRT was not giving him any point money because he wasn't a member.

3 minutes ago, By The Book said:

Think it was Pat Abold who sold the car when he found out DIRT was not giving him any point money because he wasn't a member.

Do you mean Billy? 

ESW....all bicknell except Perrego and Bachetti in 2nd / 3rd with teos ....SDW...I believe 2 teos(hearn, phelps 3rd,5th) and then godown & Marc johnson with a troyer (4th, 10th), the rest we’re bicknells.  SDW would have had more teos than any if Perrego and Dunn didn’t have issues, but those 2 races are about as far from indicative to what’s actually working than volusia during speedweeks. 

48 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

ESW....all bicknell except Perrego and Bachetti in 2nd / 3rd with teos 

That was for the STSS race, not the 200.

I think the entire top 10 for ES 200 was Bicknell, except for Billy Dunn in 9th. Polesitter Max McLaughlin was in a Teo.