Sign in to follow this  
4wheelin

Good luck hunters

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

It's pretty neat when you get preseason trail cam activity showing Bullwinkle near your tree stand and finally get a chance to raise your bow or gun... even if you never shoot. 

And people think deer are defenseless. Like hell they are. I chased an enormous buck one year for the entire season and never got a shot at him.  I saw him just about every time I went into the woods, but never close enough to take a shot. This buck was a smart deer and was always 2 steps ahead of us, no matter what we did to flush him out. He knew exactly where we were at all times. 

And now people are hand feeding deer in their yards like they are pets and don't think about the vulnerability they are creating for the upcoming deer season. Not all humans are friends, but the hand fed deer don't know that.

Not all humans are friends .....Yep I agree some lowlife just broke into my office 15 ft off ground with stolen ladder....Trying to decide bear traps or neck snares or hiring TopDog.....:drinks:

Thanks for the congrats 4wheelin, lived and hunted in NJ all my life, started hunting in the midwest about 30 years ago and fell in love with it. Bought a farm and moved here a year and a half ago. Pretty much spent all my time since I was a kid between dirt modified racing and whitetail deer hunting. Grew up next to Rick Thum when he was racing so they started dragging me along in 1972 when I was 5, became a Jimmy Horton fan shortly after that, have worked with most of the drivers Thum's had including Alan, Danny, Paine, Horton, Pauch, Brightbill, Yeley, Swartzlander, Elliott, Cozze, Hoffman and Trombley. Never made it up to Woodhull the years they had the Van Pelts racing for them. Have helped people closer to home, most recently Jimmy Horton which I made it back for most of the big races this year.

Bob, you are correct about deer hunting not being easy, especially when you are after a mature buck. Many more of them out here but still not one behind every tree like most people think.

Sorry John if you feel calling you a Democrat is calling you a name, hope this forum isn't your safe space or I guess I messed up there too.🤣

• Haha 1

4wheelin, how come you didn't post any pics of the 8pt and 9pt you talked about earlier in this thread? Would love to see them and ones from the rest of you guys. ZMahoney21 and me can't be the only ones on here that were successful.

4wheelin, I'm not the most savy on this computer stuff myself but if you have a picture saved on your computer somewhere just click on the choose files next to the paper clip below and your files should come up. Click on the picture and click open and it will attach it to your post. Love seeing everyone's pics, friends back east don't want to send me their pics cause they think they aren't big enough. I tell them to remember 2 things, one, I hunted those same deer as your guys all my life and two, you can't shoot giant bucks if they don't exist where you hunt. Continued good luck to all you hunters out there!

The woman's 14 year nephew got his first deer the other day. Wasn't to hard to drag but he was and still is one happy kid! Proud as hell!

• Like 1

If only I owned a computer, lol. All I got is an iPhone.  I got a buddy that posts on here once in awhile who’s pretty good with computer stuff, I’ll text them to him and have him post them 

Dan Dan, send congrats from me as well. Hope to see them pics 4wheelin. Everyone here on the forum have a great Thanksgiving, even you John Williams, just don't eat any ham or turkey cause you know someone had to kill it🤣

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TopDog said:

Dan Dan, send congrats from me as well. Hope to see them pics 4wheelin. Everyone here on the forum have a great Thanksgiving, even you John Williams, just don't eat any ham or turkey cause you know someone had to kill it🤣

source.gif