Sign in to follow this  
WheelsUpHammerDown10

Super DIRT Series 3 visits to LOL in 2020

11 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

LoL lifer here,but a bit of overkill I think. 

Might hurt the front gate which helps pay the purse , I can only afford to go to one of these.

With one less weekend between Labor Day and Columbus Day, been wondering what the schedule will look like. I thought 9/11 and 9/12 would be Granby/Le RPM, 9/18 and 9/19 would be Brewerton/Mohawk, 9/26 would be Albany, then no series race on 10/3 when the Fulton 200 is run. So with LoL now on 9/19, what happens to Le RPM and, more importantly, which weekend will Fonda run the 200?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, By The Book said:

So with LoL now on 9/19, what happens to Le RPM and, more importantly, which weekend will Fonda run the 200?

Ever since Fonda shifted its 200 weekend to prior to Super DIRT week it has ALWAYS been the week before the Outlaw 200 at Fulton.  With Malta scheduling their event for that weekend this year and the announcement of a new Land of Legends Super DIRTcar event the Saturday prior, I don't see how there won't be some scheduling conflict.

I'm guessing the Fonda schedule will be out around PRI so I'm sure we'll find out exactly where the 200 weekend is going to slot into the schedule at that time. 

15 minutes ago, Stewyfan44 said:

Should be 2 races maximum, 3 takes a bit of the lustre away

Maybe they’ll do some sort of series within the series like they used to do at Weedsport back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

6 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

Ever since Fonda shifted its 200 weekend to prior to Super DIRT week it has ALWAYS been the week before the Outlaw 200 at Fulton.  With Malta scheduling their event for that weekend this year and the announcement of a new Land of Legends Super DIRTcar event the Saturday prior, I don't see how there won't be some scheduling conflict.

I'm guessing the Fonda schedule will be out around PRI so I'm sure we'll find out exactly where the 200 weekend is going to slot into the schedule at that time. 

Pretty sure I read a few weeks ago that Deyo said the Fonda 200 will probably be the same day as Malta SDS next year.

12 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

Agree 100% with this!

13 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:
On 11/24/2019 at 5:50 PM, Stewyfan44 said:
On 11/24/2019 at 5:08 PM, Josh Bayko said:

Special shows ain’t so special when they happen that often. 

On 11/23/2019 at 11:08 PM, Mike Coleates said:

LoL lifer here,but a bit of overkill I think. 

On 11/24/2019 at 6:20 AM, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Can’t say I disagree...especially when they are all separated by just a month in between.

Agree 100% with this!

Agree with all the above, 

However. 

How many  other tracks are lined up to take these dates?  Pay the purse and the sanction fee as well?  

• Like 1

Agree with most on here that 3 races at one track does take away something from the races being special. Always looked forward to the SDS coming to your home track once a year.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:50 PM, Stewyfan44 said:

It also provides a 3rd opportunity for people who love the track but live in far away places to get there. I can't imagine all 3 shows being identical to the others. I am thinking there will be a different support class each night with various perks to both teams and spectators alike. Paul Cole is no dummy and I'll bet he would agree that 3 identical shows would be overkill. I'm curious now what goes on the undercard to keep them different from each other and enough of an enticement for people to want to attend all 3.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BobMiller said:

It also provides a 3rd opportunity for people who love the track but live in far away places to get there. I can't imagine all 3 shows being identical to the others. I am thinking there will be a different support class each night with various perks to both teams and spectators alike. Paul Cole is no dummy and I'll bet he would agree that 3 identical shows would be overkill. I'm curious now what goes on the undercard to keep them different from each other and enough of an enticement for people to want to attend all 3.

If tradition continues, the July 2nd date should be a CNY Speedweek combo with the 360 sprints.

Who knows on the other two.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BobMiller said:

we'll see, Don't get me wrong I hope all the shows do well.Your right though each show will have to be different somehow from the other.

On 11/24/2019 at 11:00 PM, Sicklajoie said:

Pretty sure I read a few weeks ago that Deyo said the Fonda 200 will probably be the same day as Malta SDS next year.

That would actually be a worse conflict than the LOL vs Fonda one last year.  With Malta and Fonda they share some of the same weekly drivers and a lot of the same weekly fans. 

So maybe the 9/19 event get changed to non point SDS? or altered in some other way?

Not saying it is going to happen . But......... what exactly happened with the Land of Legends September SDS event in 2019?? ?

First it was a SDS , then....... not