Sign in to follow this  
Scott Friers

2020 Fonda STSS Firecracker 50

I wasn’t bashing, someone asked if there is an open date, I said maybe, but then there would probably be a conflict.....it’s totally understandable 

1 hour ago, dingwallmotorsports said:

Just because a promotor announces a date for a race doesn't mean they own all rights to that weekend.  Other promoters might be in talks with sanctioning bodies or sponsors to set their plans.  If they are working out details still and someone else schedules something else, they are suppose to just abandon all the work they have done with their own plans?

Absolutely not, but if it’s a perennial open date, and a marquee event is scheduled and you then create a new event on that same weekend that’s a little different circumstance , especially if your schedule is already announced. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rpm72x said:

I wasn’t bashing, someone asked if there is an open date, I said maybe, but then there would probably be a conflict.....it’s totally understandable 

We aren’t stupid, everyone is WELL aware you can’t stand DIRTcar. We know exactly what you are saying. It’s really old, move on Fella.

Better look back through these posts I’m not the only one who thinks that Fonda will have a tough time finding open dates for big events

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I don’t think you’re bashing, just telling the facts according to past history, Must be the facts rub some people the wrong way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So 2 tracks have a special show the same day. Who cares. In general most special shows draw more cars than a regular show so it's not like one is taking away from the other. The way some of you people are its like as soon as one schedule comes comes out for whatever track or series everyone else is supposed to work around it. Don't know if most of you know it but we don't live in a region where we can race year round therefore only so many dates available when you factor in regular shows and rainouts. If you happen to favor sds then go to that show, if you prefer stss then go to that one if they on same day. If you like both then flip a coin and go to the winner. Or get on here and bitch constantly then everyone wins. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

So 2 tracks have a special show the same day. Who cares. In general most special shows draw more cars than a regular show so it's not like one is taking away from the other. The way some of you people are its like as soon as one schedule comes comes out for whatever track or series everyone else is supposed to work around it. Don't know if most of you know it but we don't live in a region where we can race year round therefore only so many dates available when you factor in regular shows and rainouts. If you happen to favor sds then go to that show, if you prefer stss then go to that one if they on same day. If you like both then flip a coin and go to the winner. Or get on here and bitch constantly then everyone wins. 

You must have missed what some of us are referring to, if a date is open, and a schedule is basically completed, you schedule your biggest event, one that lots of people and teams are excited about and it’s reviving a historic event....then the competing series schedules against it, that’s certainly not just an “oops we’re out of dates”. That is deliberate. And while I understand and am ok with events competing against one another, why can’t people admit an event was scheduled partially to hurt a competing series. If the truth was just told everyone would be cool with it, but constantly making it seem as though “we would never attempt to hurt a competing event” is just bullshit. Just call it the way it is, dirtcar scheduled against Fonda, and years back ESW to stop their drivers from helping a competing series be successful. Glenn did everything in his power to squash the competition and had no problem admitting it. Just do the same. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

The Fonda 200 ran for the first time in along time, they didn't have the date before.  Last year Fonda had a late season race but was it not a Dirt Series Race?  So if a new owner takes over the track and goes a different route, but wants to keep the date does that mean the Super Dirt Series can't schedule a race somewhere else to make up for the date they lost.  Realistically they had a race at Fonda last year and Deyo didn't, so really Deyo stepped on Dirts date. Yes I may be stretching a bit, but just showing how it could be viewed differently.   (This year was different with an extra weekend, so will even be harder moving foward)

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 10:30 PM, dingwallmotorsports said:

Just because a promotor announces a date for a race doesn't mean they own all rights to that weekend.  Other promoters might be in talks with sanctioning bodies or sponsors to set their plans.  If they are working out details still and someone else schedules something else, they are suppose to just abandon all the work they have done with their own plans?

Right.......God forbid they should get together 6 months before finalizing the following years calendars....that would make too much sense...... 

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2019 at 7:23 PM, Mike Coleates said:

ESW wasn’t sanctioned when Weedsport ran against it. So there goes your competing series argument. 

My bad your correct , so they attempted to hurt a competing series/promoter and one of the most historic races there is for our modifieds, and let’s not forget in the process penalized the Greatest driver of all time for not attending a rained out event. 

26 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

My bad your correct , so they attempted to hurt a competing series/promoter and one of the most historic races there is for our modifieds, and let’s not forget in the process penalized the Greatest driver of all time for not attending a rained out event. 

Right or wrong everyone has choices to make. 

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

And the penalized driver knew the ramifications beforehand, what’s your point?

11 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

And the penalized driver knew the ramifications beforehand, what’s your point?

The fact that there are ramifications for not attending an event that didn’t happen....once again instead of just saying dirtcar was pissed cause Brett gambled on the weather and won, there is some sort of rediculous rule apparently about being someplace else when an event cancels. If he just stayed home and didn’t go anywhere and Weedsport rains out, no penalty, but because he went elsewhere, and got lucky that Weedsport fell to weather, we need to penalize him. It was rediculous and petty, no rule or statement will change my opinion of that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rpm72x said:

The fact that there are ramifications for not attending an event that didn’t happen....once again instead of just saying dirtcar was pissed cause Brett gambled on the weather and won, there is some sort of rediculous rule apparently about being someplace else when an event cancels. If he just stayed home and didn’t go anywhere and Weedsport rains out, no penalty, but because he went elsewhere, and got lucky that Weedsport fell to weather, we need to penalize him. It was rediculous and petty, no rule or statement will change my opinion of that. 

How would you feel if you planned to go to a yankees game to watch let’s say jerter and it rains out. But come to find out Jeter was never their because that day he played for the Mets You would be pissed off. If that game happens you would be sitting their for no reason. When these guy sign up for dirt car they are telling fans this is where im going to be. Just like Jeter signing for the Yankees that’s the team I will be on. The fact is their was an event planned and the facts are Brett made no attempt to be their. I am I Brett fan I know Brett but rules are rules don’t like them don’t sign on. I don’t agree on how it was scheduled but hey that’s just how it goes sometimes. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, WMR Racing said:

How would you feel if you planned to go to a yankees game to watch let’s say jerter and it rains out. But come to find out Jeter was never their because that day he played for the Mets You would be pissed off. If that game happens you would be sitting their for no reason. When these guy sign up for dirt car they are telling fans this is where im going to be. Just like Jeter signing for the Yankees that’s the team I will be on. The fact is their was an event planned and the facts are Brett made no attempt to be their. I am I Brett fan I know Brett but rules are rules don’t like them don’t sign on. I don’t agree on how it was scheduled but hey that’s just how it goes sometimes. 

That scenario is not at all comparable. The gigantic difference in that scenario is that Derek Jeter was an employee of the Yankees, not an independent contractor.

Trying to shoehorn local dirt track racing into comparisons with the major stick and ball sports never really works.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Every single driver/team that signs the contract agreeing to all rules that come with the Platinum Driver program within the Super DIRTcar Series understands the rules regarding attendance at a competing event. It’s time you do to! Move on Fella.

It’s not attending a competing event, when there is no competing event. There should not be any penalty for racing at an unsanctioned racetrack.....that’s what Brett did.  He rolled the dice and got lucky, or so he thought, until he got penalized for missing the rain out. If you have a few too many tonight and drive home, you make it home safely with no issue. You do not get arrested 2 days later for DWI. You could tell a cop you did it....he would tell you you got lucky and eventually he will catch you. 

As for the jeter comparison, that made no sense and was not applicable to begin with. He works for a team as an employee. If the game I was going to see rained out and come to find out he wasn’t gunna play anyways I’d be happy it rained out. Furthermore bringing fans into the argument once again gives dirtcar some false excuse...they don’t don’t give a shit about fans not seeing Brett....they only gave a shit that they couldn’t control Brett. Matt Sheppard ran the Fonda 200, against an event that actually did happen and didn’t get penalized. Brett got nailed for racing against nothing....read that and actually comprehend it. He was penalized for making a living at the only place open to do so on that particular day. That’s bullshit, and everyone knows it. 

When I began racing in 1968 Nascar had the rule in place for many years that you could not race  a competing track within 100 miles of a Nascar sanctioned track which in my opinion was a fair rule although many drivers ignored it & signed in with fictitious names......100 miles is fine, but Middletown was way more than 100 miles which I believe is just too far away to penalize someone , especially when it is your home track

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

It’s not attending a competing event, when there is no competing event. There should not be any penalty for racing at an unsanctioned racetrack.....that’s what Brett did.  He rolled the dice and got lucky, or so he thought, until he got penalized for missing the rain out. If you have a few too many tonight and drive home, you make it home safely with no issue. You do not get arrested 2 days later for DWI. You could tell a cop you did it....he would tell you you got lucky and eventually he will catch you. 

As for the jeter comparison, that made no sense and was not applicable to begin with. He works for a team as an employee. If the game I was going to see rained out and come to find out he wasn’t gunna play anyways I’d be happy it rained out. Furthermore bringing fans into the argument once again gives dirtcar some false excuse...they don’t don’t give a shit about fans not seeing Brett....they only gave a shit that they couldn’t control Brett. Matt Sheppard ran the Fonda 200, against an event that actually did happen and didn’t get penalized. Brett got nailed for racing against nothing....read that and actually comprehend it. He was penalized for making a living at the only place open to do so on that particular day. That’s bullshit, and everyone knows it. 

Yup, it makes a lot of sense doesn't it... We are going to penalize you for not coming to our cancelled race! Lol.

2 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Yup, it makes a lot of sense doesn't it... We are going to penalize you for not coming to our cancelled race! Lol.

Exactly....and once again just admit you penalized him for not doing as was instructed. It made you mad, you penalized him. Making some horseshit claim that we are watching out for the fans, we are watching out for our track that’s hosting the event blah blah is all crap. I take much less issue with someone acting like a control freak whine ass if they just admit that they are a control freak whine ass. It’s 10 times more irritating when they come up with and hide behind a dumbass excuse. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WMR Racing said:

Jeter doesn't play all 162 games.....guys take a day off and a fan knows that when buying tickets. Same thing with the NBA....players now "rest"/"load management" on a regular basis. 

Can someone share the Platinum status rules and the clause where you're penalized if you don't attend a rainout?

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Jeter doesn't play all 162 games.....guys take a day off and a fan knows that when buying tickets. Same thing with the NBA....players now "rest"/"load management" on a regular basis. 

Can someone share the Platinum status rules and the clause where you're penalized if you don't attend a rainout?

There is a penalty, we will decide how severe after the fact and depending on who it is.

3 hours ago, rpm72x said:

That race wasn’t RO’d prior to opening the gates. Everyone was signed in & unloaded that day. You make it sound like it was cancelled the day before, or 7:00AM the morning of. Not the case. Once again you spew nonsense. You know said rule, you deliberately break said rule. If you aren’t penalized accordingly, 15 other drivers/teams are screaming that the rule in place wasn’t enforced, even though it was clearly violated. Again, move on Fella. Sell that nonsense some place else.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

That race wasn’t RO’d prior to opening the gates. Everyone was signed in & unloaded that day. You make it sound like it was cancelled the day before, or 7:00AM the morning of. Not the case. Once again you spew nonsense. You know said rule, you deliberately break said rule. If you aren’t penalized accordingly, 15 other drivers/teams are screaming that the rule in place wasn’t enforced, even though it was clearly violated. Again, move on Fella. Sell that nonsense some place else.

Your one of the few not understanding, we all agree the race rained out....no laps were turned....no penalty.