Sign in to follow this  
Scott Friers

2020 Fonda STSS Firecracker 50

1 hour ago, Scott Friers said:

Jeter doesn't play all 162 games.....guys take a day off and a fan knows that when buying tickets. Same thing with the NBA....players now "rest"/"load management" on a regular basis. 

Can someone share the Platinum status rules and the clause where you're penalized if you don't attend a rainout?

Well duh. I’m saying what if that day he played for a different team. 

3 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Your one of the few not understanding, we all agree the race rained out....no laps were turned....no penalty.

Go lay down!!!

4 hours ago, rpm72x said:

It’s not attending a competing event, when there is no competing event. There should not be any penalty for racing at an unsanctioned racetrack.....that’s what Brett did.  He rolled the dice and got lucky, or so he thought, until he got penalized for missing the rain out. If you have a few too many tonight and drive home, you make it home safely with no issue. You do not get arrested 2 days later for DWI. You could tell a cop you did it....he would tell you you got lucky and eventually he will catch you. 

As for the jeter comparison, that made no sense and was not applicable to begin with. He works for a team as an employee. If the game I was going to see rained out and come to find out he wasn’t gunna play anyways I’d be happy it rained out. Furthermore bringing fans into the argument once again gives dirtcar some false excuse...they don’t don’t give a shit about fans not seeing Brett....they only gave a shit that they couldn’t control Brett. Matt Sheppard ran the Fonda 200, against an event that actually did happen and didn’t get penalized. Brett got nailed for racing against nothing....read that and actually comprehend it. He was penalized for making a living at the only place open to do so on that particular day. That’s bullshit, and everyone knows it. 

We were all there unload ready to go. It’s not like they called it 2 days before. Listen I don’t care what drivers do  but all other dirt car guys were there so they needed to do something or dirt car would just get walked all over. Like I said I didn’t like the scheduling deal that dirt car did but someone had a hard on against a track. And if you guys think they don’t care about the fans then maybe everyone should take a step back and think about how much they give us at our fingertips. They don’t need to give live up dates or race monitor etc. any sanctioning body can say turn it off. I’m just glad that I’ve grown up in upstate ny with the best racing in my opinion!! I just hope it continues. Who cares  if it’s dirt car roc super series enjoy them all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WMR Racing said:

We were all there unload ready to go. It’s not like they called it 2 days before. Listen I don’t care what drivers do  but all other dirt car guys were there so they needed to do something or dirt car would just get walked all over. Like I said I didn’t like the scheduling deal that dirt car did but someone had a hard on against a track. And if you guys think they don’t care about the fans then maybe everyone should take a step back and think about how much they give us at our fingertips. They don’t need to give live up dates or race monitor etc. any sanctioning body can say turn it off. I’m just glad that I’ve grown up in upstate ny with the best racing in my opinion!! I just hope it continues. Who cares  if it’s dirt car roc super series enjoy them all. 

You are really trying to make a case that having a race and the gates being open for a race that didn't happen are the same thing? What the hell?

• Haha 1

Well being that we’re gunna grasp at anything for arguments sake....I’m quite sure Brett had a hauler going to each facility, the one headed to Weedsport had a few untimely flats, the driver has some bladder issues so they were late, but headed that way. They made it with the other hauler to Middletown, cause it’s much closer. Brett meanwhile was circling high above in a rented Goodyear blimp.....had the rains not fallen at Weedsport he was going to touch down on top of the Hbr shop and race(he was going to have to hurry up and get the car unloaded, remember the issues getting to the track), but once he knew racing was cancelled at the port he simply flew home and drove up to Middletown. I see no reason to punish someone who went to those lengths to ensure fans would have seen him at his originally scheduled race. 

• Haha 1

Public service announcement. If you have a racing related question or opinion or work for a series and have a reputable answer, please refer your question or opinion to rpm72x first, that's the only answer that your gonna need. Otherwise you will get told you ain't paying attention,  or you missed something or he has forgot more about racing than most know so you don't know what you talking about. 

Refer to 2nd sentence above to make dtd much easier for all. 

Thank you and I'll await rpm72x reply. 

Happy turkey day all!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Every single driver/team that signs the contract agreeing to all rules that come with the Platinum Driver program within the Super DIRTcar Series understands the rules regarding attendance at a competing event. It’s time you do to! Move on Fella.

What about attendance at the event they agreed to attend when there is no competing event? That's OK?

Still arguing about a race held in 2015? Anyway when you sign a Platinum contract, you agree to follow the terms of the contract. you get certain benefits for doing so. Brett made it known he was not going to Weedsport. Time trails were held on Friday night, no Brett Hearn. Gates opened for the race Saturday, no Brett Hearn. DIRTcar couldn't use him for promotion of the race, because he wasn't going to be there. They couldn't use him for autograph sessions, because he wasn't there. (both part of the contract that he signed btw)   I don't remember if there was still a consi to be run, but all other qualifying was completed, no Brett Hearn. Yes ultimately the race was cancelled, but there was an attempt to run it and DIrtcar decided that he didn't follow the terms of the agreement so he was "punished". Pretty simple. It worked out for him though. And you know what, if I was in his shoes I would've done the same thing. He wasn't in a position to win Mr. DIRT and had a really good chance of winning ESW so might as well go after the money!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is probably wrong but it's how I look at it. I'm roughly a hour from cananduiga and 4 and change from Fonda. They both racing on same day and I could give a rats ass as to who is where or what series.  I'm going to see a RACE not a NAME. Anyone wanna whip out a guess where I'm going?

• Like 2

Almost every racing series in existence has a rule about drivers racing in a competing event. Acting like this was just a WRG thing is disingenuous. 

• Like 1

Big decisions for people now. Super late models at Dundee 18th and 19th. That's 3 tracks with big shows on same day. I can see all the stress starting for people now on where to go. Really hope another track in nys don't schedule something else on same date. That would really be devastating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

Big decisions for people now. Super late models at Dundee 18th and 19th. That's 3 tracks with big shows on same day. I can see all the stress starting for people now on where to go. Really hope another track in nys don't schedule something else on same date. That would really be devastating. 

dan dan, Outlaw Speedway has run on this same date for the last 5 years for their Fall Nationals.

46 minutes ago, sprintdaddy said:

dan dan, Outlaw Speedway has run on this same date for the last 5 years for their Fall Nationals.

I think he’s referring to the WoO LMS being there for both days in 2020,  but his point was sarcastic. 

My point was, it was cananduiga, and Fonda, same day and now Dundee. Yes I was being sarcastic. People are stroking out about shows on same day that ain't  anywhere near each other. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dan dan said:

My point was, it was cananduiga, and Fonda, same day and now Dundee. Yes I was being sarcastic. People are stroking out about shows on same day that ain't  anywhere near each other. 

I made the point when this came up this past season that CNY SDS racers tend to ignore Fonda unless they have to be there and have for years.  

This season the best Sheppard in dirt racing will be at Dundee that weekend, lol. 

10 hours ago, WMR Racing said:

Let’s here your comment rpm to Gary’s post. I know you have one because you know better then anyone. 

I don’t care what Gary or anyone says, i don’t care if it’s a rule, I think it’s rediculous to penalize for a show that didn’t happen, if I remember correctly I believe they docked him 100 or 150 points as well as removed his platinum benefits. If you want to pull passes or guaranteed money for attendance that’s fine, but to dock points that he previously earned for not attending a rained out event is bs imo. So basically I think dirtcar has a dumbass rule, along with a bunch of other ones. 

There was no I know more than anyone on the subject, my opinion, which voicing them is what this forum is based on is that it was a shitty call, made because Brett disobeyed dirtcar. 

Here’s a legitimate question, not asked to be a smart ass. Maybe Gary can answer? Dirtcar scheduled against ESW a few years back, and against the Fonda 200 last year. Both were big money, prestigious events. Neither track was dirtcar sanctioned. One guy skipped the rainout at Weedsport and was penalized quite a bit for it. 3 guys made it clear they were going to Fonda, and not only were they not penalized, but dirtcar made it non points to accommodate them. Why? Did they have an issue with Brett, show some favoritism towards the guys not going to canandaigua, or did they know they were wrong for scheduling against Fonda to begin with? This is an actual question....not an argument. 

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

Here’s a legitimate question, not asked to be a smart ass. Maybe Gary can answer? Dirtcar scheduled against ESW a few years back, and against the Fonda 200 last year. Both were big money, prestigious events. Neither track was dirtcar sanctioned. One guy skipped the rainout at Weedsport and was penalized quite a bit for it. 3 guys made it clear they were going to Fonda, and not only were they not penalized, but dirtcar made it non points to accommodate them. Why? Did they have an issue with Brett, show some favoritism towards the guys not going to canandaigua, or did they know they were wrong for scheduling against Fonda to begin with? This is an actual question....not an argument. 

For the 100th time since this last Summer, the race @ Canandaigua that ran the same weekend as the Fonda 200 was NOT affiliated with the Super DIRTcar Series.

6 hours ago, jumper12a said:

For the 100th time since this last Summer, the race @ Canandaigua that ran the same weekend as the Fonda 200 was NOT affiliated with the Super DIRTcar Series.

There was no point at which it was affiliated with the SDS?  That’s odd because the schedule that the news director for dirtcar (whoever that is), released quite awhile after the return of the Fonda 200 was announced had series races scheduled at Utica and canandaigua for that weekend. I found all of the information about dirtcar dropping the sds name off of the event, and then working closely with Paul cole to promote the lucrative build your bank challenge all on the super dirtcar series website. 

• Like 1