Sign in to follow this  
racermurray

Rolling Wheels Rumor's resurface

Im not a fan of being at the track and wondering whos running what engine combination, but Brett Deyo puts on one hell of a show and has proven to be the best right now at promoting.  Aside from the uncontrollable aspects (weather, track surface) , the dude has it figured out.  Hed be a welcome addition anywhere he wishes to promote.  Appreciate what hes doing and what he will do.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, P&T Racing said:

Keep Deyo out of central NY.... Hate much?

Yea....why bring successful promoting this far north....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Yea....why bring successful promoting this far north....

He’s not very well liked in Upstate New York, his presence at Fonda and good purses in his STSS caused a few promoters and a sanctioning body to pony up a few bucks more in purse money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, P&T Racing said:

Keep Deyo out of central NY.... Hate much?

I don’t hate him. The 1st time I met him I felt his goal was to further diversify modified racing. The “working mans series” was a sham from the beginning. He’s very intelligent. Knew exactly what his end goal was & further proves it with allowing engines that Glenn banned years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I actually do agree with you somewhat on this one, and while Glenn did ban big small blocks from competition, his goal in doing so was not to see the cost of a competitive big block sky rocket to 40-60k. Deyo would have been much better off sticking to a ported 358 engine with a head rule imo, but it was going to be impossible to keep the big teams from competing no matter the rules when his purses kept raising. Brett is damned either way in a sense, if he doesn’t raise the money available in his series, he’s not doing his job....when he made it more lucrative it became a series that all the big teams are going to compete in.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

I don’t hate him. The 1st time I met him I felt his goal was to further diversify modified racing. The “working mans series” was a sham from the beginning. He’s very intelligent. Knew exactly what his end goal was & further proves it with allowing engines that Glenn banned years ago. 

You do realize what a slogan is, right? Darlington (S.C.) isn't really "too tough to tame." Fonda (N.Y.) isn't the only track where champions race. The World of Outlaws may or may not put on the "Greatest Show on Dirt."

When I used to go to a lot of Late Model races, I went to Cherokee (S.C.) for the Blue-Gray 100 several times and it still wasn't "the place my mama warned me about."

Does all bull really stop at the gap at Volunteer (Tenn.) Speedway?

Penn National (Pa.) was a pretty nice place, but I don't know that it was really "The Aristocrat of Racetracks."

Is Hagerstown (Md.) really the "Capital of Dirt Track Racing?"

The Indy 500 attracts 300,000 people and has had an infamous infield for generations, yet Super DIRT Week is the "Greatest Party in Racing?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

You do realize what a slogan is, right? Darlington (S.C.) isn't really "too tough to tame." Fonda isn't the only track where champions race. The World of Outlaws may or may not put on the "Greatest Show on Dirt."

When I used to go to a lot of Late Model races, I went to Cherokee (S.C.) for the Blue-Gray 100 several times and it still wasn't "the place my mama warned me about."

Penn National (Pa.) was a pretty nice place, but I don't know that it was really "The Aristocrat of Racetracks."

Is Hagertsown (Md.) really the "Capital of Dirt Track Racing?"

The Indy 500 attracts 300,000 people and has had an infamous infield for generations, yet Super DIRT Week is the "Greatest Party in Racing?"

I don’t think Brett ever officially used that as an official slogan,  though. I think it’s more something that fans came up with because his engine options allow for basically any steel carbureted motor.

1 hour ago, Josh Bayko said:

I don’t know think ever officially used that as on official slogan,  though. I think it’s more something that fans came up with because his engine options allow for basically any steel carbureted motor.

The Short Track Supernationals is the "Working Man's Race" that's where people get confused.

24 minutes ago, burtonfan1995 said:

The Short Track Supernationals "was" the "Working Man's Race" that's where people get confused.

I fixed it for you. It started out that way, but definitely isn't anymore.

Well truth be told the stss May have once been the “working mans series or race” and it really isn’t anymore....the sds is definitely the “millionaires playground” of northeast dirt racing. Nobody is ever going to say the chances of a “working man” winning a stss race isn’t higher than the sds. The format that deyo utilizes certainly opens the door for smaller teams to be more successful than his competitor. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

You do realize what a slogan is, right? Darlington (S.C.) isn't really "too tough to tame." Fonda (N.Y.) isn't the only track where champions race. The World of Outlaws may or may not put on the "Greatest Show on Dirt."

Is Hagerstown (Md.) really the "Capital of Dirt Track Racing?"

I have attended The Knoxville Nationals, The World 100 and The Dream at Eldora and  other big events, I always have to laugh at SDW’s claim of being racing’s biggest party.

• Like 1

Brett must be doing something right if one of the constant criticisms of him is a slogan.........😂🤔😂🤔😂🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Well truth be told the stss May have once been the “working mans series or race” and it really isn’t anymore....the sds is definitely the “millionaires playground” of northeast dirt racing. Nobody is ever going to say the chances of a “working man” winning a stss race isn’t higher than the sds. The format that deyo utilizes certainly opens the door for smaller teams to be more successful than his competitor. 

I learned something new today.... Demetrius Drellos is part of the millionaire's club.

Pay attention here everyday, one certain poster will learn you something new every single day. 

• Like 2

It was great to see a new name in Victory lane at a sds race....the fact that it happens once every couple of years furthers my point. 

How much would it cost for improvements? Would ends be met after all repairs and renovations are said and done? Not only that but the big question is who runs there and what runs there? No way it could be a weekly track again with an already overly saturated CNY racing scene. I would love to see it back again as a special events track again. Unfortunately these are different times and how it will function will be a serious uphill battle 

3 hours ago, rpm72x said:

It was great to see a new name in Victory lane at a sds race....the fact that it happens once every couple of years furthers my point. 

Once again you will be proven that you have no clue about what you speak of.

Here is a list of first time Super DIRTcar Series winners, including Volusia & Eldora non-point/invitational events, 2013-2019.

2019 - Dave Blaney @ Eldora, Demetrios Drellos @ Malta

2018 - Tyler Siri @ Volusia, Ryan Susice @ Merrittville

2017 - Ryan Watt @ Bridgeport, Billy Whittaker @ Eldora, Peter Britten @ Sharon

2015 - Neal Williams @ Volusia, Chad Brachmann @ Ohsweken, Mat Williamson @ Merrittville, Tim Kerr @ Charlotte

2014 - Justin Haers @ Volusia, Erick Rudolph @ Drummondville

2013 - Rick Laubach @ Volusia, Carey Terrance @ Cornwall, Billy Dunn @ Syracuse

RIP72

• Haha 1

Rolling Wheels opened it's doors in August of 1969 and ran just 4 times that year. It didn't run again until it's Grand Opening event on the July 4th weekend of 1970 running Friday nights continuously until 1981 when Glenn Donnelly went to the specials only format.

When people say there is no room for Rolling Wheels in the schedule, they forget that Weedsport is now running the specials only format as well. Our race season traditionally is about 17 events long. Some of the shows are run mid week, not just on Sundays which creates a bigger window to work with. If someone were to come into Rolling Wheels and work side by side with Weedsport, it COULD be a benefit to both tracks, and especially so if there were a 2 track points system in place right from the beginning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Here is a list of first time Super DIRTcar Series winners, including Volusia & Eldora non-point/invitational events, 2013-2019.

2015 - Neal Williams @ Volusia, Chad Brachmann @ Ohsweken, Mat Williamson @ Merrittville, Tim Kerr @ Charlotte

RIP72

Are Volusia and Eldora Invitationals counted as SDS wins? If not then you really can't include them.😉

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

RIP72

So now we’re gunna count non points events??? The dirtcar sds is not affiliated with non points paying shows remember from the Fonda thread? If the race last year at canandaigua against Fonda had nothing to do with dirtcar neither do non points invitiational races.  Neil Williams, billy Whittaker, Tyler Siri, dave blaney,Justin hears, Rick Laubach did not win normal sds races...but good try....so in all actuality you have around 9 races in the last 7 years won by a first time winner.....2 of which have Been front runners as of late and won quite a few more. Diversity at its finest.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Are Volusia and Eldora Invitationals counted as SDS wins? If not then you really can't include them.😉

No the only races dirtcar are affiliated with now are points paying sds shows, jumper informed me of this in another thread. 

He constantly tells me I do not know what I’m talking about, then claims dave blaney won an actual sds race. Lol

4 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

Looks like to me he’s trying to inflate the stats.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

Yes. They are included in the totals for all time SDS victories. They are also listed on the SDS schedule each & every year. They are run by the entire SDS staff & run as such.