Sign in to follow this  
racermurray

Rolling Wheels Rumor's resurface

Per page 31 of today's AARN Jeremie Corcoran wanting to promote races at Rolling Wheels in 2020 . Corcoran states the facility would need a lot of tender loving care to make it usable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, racermurray said:

Per page 31 of today's AARN Jeremie Corcoran wanting to promote races at Rolling Wheels in 2020 . Corcoran states the facility would need a lot of tender loving care to make it usable.

I said this in a post dated 10/27. I posted it as a rumor because I was told by this by one of the track "owners" at the time, but it is just a rumor. Supposedly Jeremy wants to run special shows only

Hope it happens. Just doesn’t seem right that we haven’t had it for what 3 years now? Obviously weedsport’s vast makeover has helped with sustaining the blow. But the Wheels has always been an icon in this area and I’d love to see it back up and running for 5-6 special races a year or so.

• Like 1

Just curious but wasn't  their something that they had to run atleast one show a year for the grandfather clause or whatever it was? Or was that just talk and not true? Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it back open but one would think by now a fella would need deeper pockets than most of us have to make it happen. 

It’s time to move on with that place. There’s no room, or a necessity for another track in the Syracuse area. Everything has been running just fine without it, let it go.

• Like 2

Would absolutely love to see this. One of the best tracks in the northeast in my opinion.  Just wrong that it sits idle. I’m all in. 

• Like 1

Why would anyone NOT WANT another dirt track? Unless your the owner of another... These places are closing daily please open it back up!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, P&T Racing said:

Why would anyone NOT WANT another dirt track? Unless your the owner of another... These places are closing daily please open it back up!!

This case isn't about not wanting just another dirt track. It's more about the location. We're saturated with tracks within an hour & a half of Syracuse. Times have changed, this society doesn't warrant anymore here. It's the exact reason we didn't need the new track built in Brewerton too. The tracks we have now are struggling to stay afloat, so a solution is open another??? It's beyond time to let it go.

• Haha 2

Would love to see Rolling Wheels return. Being from NJ, I didn't get to all the races there but always made the ones during Super Dirt Week and normally one or two during the rest of the year. Loved that place in the 80's with it's 3 and 4 wide racing but not as much after it became a slick dust bowl in the late 90's and beyond. Let Jeremy work his magic that he did at OC this year, never have enough dirt tracks.

John Baumes is right.....there are too many tracks in the Syracuse area, too many run by one sanctioning body. I would like to see it opened under Deyo's sanctioning

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, TopDog said:

Would love to see Rolling Wheels return. Being from NJ, I didn't get to all the races there but always made the ones during Super Dirt Week and normally one or two during the rest of the year. Loved that place in the 80's with it's 3 and 4 wide racing but not as much after it became a slick dust bowl in the late 90's and beyond. Let Jeremy work his magic that he did at OC this year, never have enough dirt tracks.

There really isn’t any magic to be worked there. The surface is shot and needs to be resurfaced. Who would want to spend the money to do that for a handful of specials a year?  Not only the track but the time and money to get the grounds, grandstands, concession stands and the restrooms back into working order. Don’t hold your breath on this one.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RJO said:

There really isn’t any magic to be worked there. The surface is shot and needs to be resurfaced. Who would want to spend the money to do that for a handful of specials a year?  Not only the track but the time and money to get the grounds, grandstands, concession stands and the restrooms back into working order. Don’t hold your breath on this one.

Just because WRG ran the facility into the ground and then sold it, that does not mean another promoter could not be successful there.

Weedsport was in the same boat as Rolling Wheels,   Magic  did happen  in that case

• Like 2

I can’t believe there are so many negative Nancies on here. We need every track we can and the Wheels was always an exciting place to be! Open her up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racer80 said:

John Baumes is right.....there are too many tracks in the Syracuse area, too many run by one sanctioning body. I would like to see it opened under Deyo's sanctioning

It does not necessarily need to be Deyo .  But you  did hit part of it.   Yes many CNY tracks are struggling . What do most have in common? 

During a recent visit of the facility I thought the grandstands , restrooms and concessions were so bad they would need to be replaced . Several of the premium seats with back rests (top 2 rows) were broken . I would be very surprised if the electric and plumbing would pass inspection for a permit.

3 hours ago, jumper12a said:

It’s time to move on with that place. There’s no room, or a necessity for another track in the Syracuse area. Everything has been running just fine without it, let it go.

You disagreed with me I said this a few years ago............

2 hours ago, racer80 said:

Please keep Deyo away from our CNY tracks. 

1 hour ago, leroy said:

Just because WRG ran the facility into the ground and then sold it, that does not mean another promoter could not be successful there.

Weedsport was in the same boat as Rolling Wheels,   Magic  did happen  in that case

Like I said Leroy if someone with very deep pockets wants to do it for a few special races a year more power to them. But I don’t think there are many out there like that. If I remember right the last few races that they ran there was not under WRG and was advertised to pay out huge purses and they bombed.

9 hours ago, racermurray said:

Ugh ... must be slow season cause here we go with the Rolling Wheels rumors again !!! Dont get me wrong back in the day the Wheels was one of my favorite tracks!! That place needs a TON of work and someone with a very deep pocket to bring it back to life!!! Would I like to see it reopen and run a small schedule absolutely... we already have one track running 3 Sds races next year. If the Wheels was to open they could take one of the dates ...jmo

The people that currently own The Wheels have no interest in keeping the place in running order,. Wanting to promote races there is absurd. 

3 hours ago, leroy said:

It does not necessarily need to be Deyo .  But you  did hit part of it.   Yes many CNY tracks are struggling . What do most have in common? 

They all run exactly the same divisions. 

• Like 3