Sign in to follow this  
J. Downing

2020 Fonda 200!!!!!!

Exactly why Fonda needs to make the 200 a revival of a traditional 200 lapper. Live pit stops!!!!!!!!   Make it what it was back when big block racing and Fonda was a “track of champions”  last years field even with that purse was a consi event from 12th on back. (Literally people driving around and going no where other then a lap down) . The field overall at LOL with an extremely shorter purse and far less time to promote the event. It’s obv the prominent drivers choose LOL. 

Making it an event with live pit stops will send more cars to canandaigua....teams for the most part hate live pit stops. If your competing with other tracks to get cars you have to make your event as team and driver friendly as possible, not the other way around. 

10 hours ago, 20/20 vision said:

Exactly why Fonda needs to make the 200 a revival of a traditional 200 lapper. Live pit stops!!!!!!!!   Make it what it was back when big block racing and Fonda was a “track of champions”  last years field even with that purse was a consi event from 12th on back. (Literally people driving around and going no where other then a lap down) . The field overall at LOL with an extremely shorter purse and far less time to promote the event. It’s obv the prominent drivers choose LOL. 

prominent?

Stewart Friesen ,Matt Sheppard , Brett Hearn  ,and Billy Decker do not fit that list I reckon

12 hours ago, 20/20 vision said:

🤡

• Like 2

10 hours ago, leroy said:

prominent?

Stewart Friesen ,Matt Sheppard , Brett Hearn  ,and Billy Decker do not fit that list I reckon

The overall field @ LoL from top to bottom was more of a quality modified field. Many of the Fonda  200 drivers were logging laps and getting lapped. For many it was their first attempt; trying for the moral victory in just finishing the race. That’s why in my original statement I said from 12th on back! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 20/20 vision said:

The overall field @ LoL from top to bottom was more of a quality modified field. Many of the Fonda  200 drivers were logging laps and getting lapped. For many it was their first attempt; trying for the moral victory in just finishing the race. That’s why in my original statement I said from 12th on back! 

What the hell are  you smokin?  Comparing a 50 lapper to a 200 lapper and saying The Doctor, Tim Fuller, Andy Bachetti and Danny Varin are not prominent drivers?  There are a couple drivers in the LOL lineup I have never even heard of. Lmao.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 20/20 vision said:

You are right.   It does not come close.   But you got it ass backwards I am thinking.

Its only a matter of opinion , my driver is better than your driver  etc. .  But in a heads up race I will take those who finished 12th on back at Fonda over those who finished the same at LoL any week.

As far as drivers being lapped multiple times?  You do realize you are comparing a 200 lapper to a 50 lapper.? 

Uh.... ..but wait a minute.  17 drivers finished on the lead lap in the 200.  And just 14 finished on the lead lap in the Gerald Haers Memorial 50.  So?

By the way ,  I  was at Land of Legends that evening .  As it is roughly a 20 minute ride from my home

I did make it to the Fonda 50 in July.. A real good show. One of the better races I saw all season

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

What the hell are  you smokin?  Comparing a 50 lapper to a 200 lapper and saying The Doctor, Tim Fuller, Andy Bachetti and Danny Varin are not prominent drivers?  There are a couple drivers in the LOL lineup I have never even heard of. Lmao.

No kiddin right.   Good stuff I am thinkin

20/20 needs another eye exam 😎

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, leroy said:

Its only a matter of opinion , my driver is better than your driver  etc. .  But in a heads up race I will take those who finished 12th on back at Fonda over those who finished the same at LoL any week.

Dead nuts right on!  Good point!