6 hours ago, John Williams said:

I heard Florida has more trailer parks than any other state.

Not true.. Texas has 94,298 trailers, Louisiana is second with 34,333 and Florida proudly boasts 32,637 trailers as of June 2019. Those numbers are straight from the headquarters at Club Mar-a-Lago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Not true.. Texas has 94,298 trailers, Louisiana is second with 34,333 and Florida proudly boasts 32,637 trailers as of June 2019. Those numbers are straight from the headquarters at Club Mar-a-Lago.

I googled it just for the fck of it .  🤣

I came up with SC first then NM second.  FL in the 17th range.  

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 9:59 PM, leroy said:

I googled it just for the fck of it .  🤣

I came up with SC first then NM second.  FL in the 17th range.  

I googled it too. I googled Mobile Homes and found this ===> https://www.statista.com/statistics/1038637/states-with-most-mobile-homes-usa/     I guess the question is what is a mobile home?  Im finding that it is a home that is not attached to the land. Thus it can be moved like a trailer. I guess we can agree the south is loaded with them!

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:35 PM, John Williams said:

I heard Florida has more trailer parks than any other state.

Lower taxes and better weather too LOL

On 1/4/2020 at 7:00 PM, DowntheBackStretch said:

Boy did this train get on the wrong track. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Interesting article on Ryan Godown on the main page. Paraphrasing here but in short the team owner has no plans to follow the SDS tour again. Simply too expensive. Hoping another offer comes but nothing as of yet.

It sucks too because he is a great racer who finished 7th in the series but as the article mentions they just don’t have the $$$ to compete against the bigger and better funded teams. 

4 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Interesting article on Ryan Godown on the main page. Paraphrasing here but in short the team owner has no plans to follow the SDS tour again. Simply too expensive. Hoping another offer comes but nothing as of yet.

It sucks too because he is a great racer who finished 7th in the series but as the article mentions they just don’t have the $$$ to compete against the bigger and better funded teams. 

for the record.................😉

2 hours ago, JohnyC said:

He also stopped following the STSS after the Big Diamond race because he said you need a big small block to keep up with the big teams and he didn’t want to spend the money for one to run a few races.

• Confused 1

I think you'll see him at more of those STSS events in 2020 if what we talked about at the DIRTcar banquet ends up being the plan.

2 hours ago, JohnyC said:

That’s too bad. I enjoyed seeing Ryan on the Tour and having a Pa/NJ guy travel up to NY and run with the DIRT guys.

• Like 1

Ryan averaged $1393 in earnings per race for the 22 SDS races run in 2019.

11 hours ago, chas71 said:

Which obviously wasn't enough to make it worth while to follow the tour again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ranger22 said:

Will be interesting to see how others who followed last year respond; whether they recommit or move in a new direction. 

Ryan told me @ Fulton 200 last year that he would love to run the STSS, but he didn't have the motors to compete with their motor program

18 hours ago, chas71 said:

Was that including the money he received for each race because he was a platinum member and ran every race? I don’t know what he expected because he was a rookie on the tour and finishing 7th in points sure isn’t anything to be ashamed of. Sounds like they shorted themselves budget wise and didn’t have any freshened motors for the final races that were run.

The SDS is a tough nut to crack. Hell, I believe the HBR Team only won one race and that’s a lot better funded than Godown’s team. The team owner is probably a smart man who figured as good a team as he had, he couldn’t compete dollar wise with the top 3or4 teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJO said:

Was that including the money he received for each race because he was a platinum member and ran every race? I don’t know what he expected because he was a rookie on the tour and finishing 7th in points sure isn’t anything to be ashamed of. Sounds like they shorted themselves budget wise and didn’t have any freshened motors for the final races that were run.

Total winnings listed, see below:

https://www.dirtcarump.com/points/big-block-modified-points/2019-super-dirtcar-series-points/

4 hours ago, chas71 said:

Saw that and realize it says money won. My question was does that include additional money and benefits paid to the platinum members? How about point money paid at the end of the season?

35 minutes ago, RJO said:

Saw that and realize it says money won. My question was does that include additional money and benefits paid to the platinum members? How about point money paid at the end of the season?

I’m assuming the winnings do not include the Platinum Driver perks. And I don’t think the point funds are included there either.

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 10:22 PM, DowntheBackStretch said:

I googled it too. I googled Mobile Homes and found this ===> https://www.statista.com/statistics/1038637/states-with-most-mobile-homes-usa/     I guess the question is what is a mobile home?  Im finding that it is a home that is not attached to the land. Thus it can be moved like a trailer. I guess we can agree the south is loaded with them!

i goggled it also , wayne county n.y. has the most trailer parks 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, foster said:

i goggled it also , wayne county n.y. has the most trailer parks 

That's EXTREMELY misleading. How many trailers in each park? Three or four?  You have to go by the number of trailers, not the number of parks.  Post your link.

8 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

That's EXTREMELY misleading. How many trailers in each park? Three or four?  You have to go by the number of trailers, not the number of parks.  Post your link.

lol

On 1/8/2020 at 9:25 AM, ranger22 said:

I would be curious what it costs them to run one night barring any catastrophic failures/crashes etc. Just fuel money,entry fee, tire wear and some light maintenance. etc. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 11:17 PM, jumper12a said:

I’m assuming the winnings do not include the Platinum Driver perks. And I don’t think the point funds are included there either.

Does not include point fund money.