Jump to content




Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Stewyfan44 said:

What is the reason for dropping..Mohawk, Fulton, Brewerton..I 've been to all three of these races they all seemed to be well attended with good car counts.

My thoughts too. Plus there great tracks. Sure something is up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Merrittville date either. Will it get a 358 race? I guess we’ll have to wait and see if some of these small block tracks are moving to 358 only DIRT series races.

Glad to see Ohsweken return to the schedule. I thought attendance at the 2017 race was decent given that the grandstand is large and it ended up raining a bit that night. Moving it up from late August, so close to the Canadian Sprint Car Nationals, to early July along with a bigger purse could help things. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

What is the reason for dropping..Mohawk, Fulton, Brewerton..I 've been to all three of these races they all seemed to be well attended with good car counts.

Promoters dropped them. My guess would be they didn’t make much on the return of hosting a series race.  Mohawk I’d say this is definitely the case. Fulton got rained out most the time in late April 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Promoters dropped them. My guess would be they didn’t make much on the return of hosting a series race.  Mohawk I’d say this is definitely the case. Fulton got rained out most the time in late April 

That is what I figure. Promoters did not want to pay the purse and/or the sanction fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

What is the reason for dropping..Mohawk, Fulton, Brewerton..I 've been to all three of these races they all seemed to be well attended with good car counts.

As many know, I'm a Brewerton homer.... Jmo, but I think breaks from special events are good because when they come back it's that much more special.... We've had 4 striaght years of sds... Would I've  been upset if they came back again this year, of course not. I'm looking forward to making it to some tracks I haven't visited yet..... Further more, i like the fact Weedsport has 3 shows because it makes Weedsport a special place. Considering they don't run weekly, having 3 shows makes it a extra special place.... which it is... Love Weedsport...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joshua Jello Loughnot said:

As many know, I'm a Brewerton homer.... Jmo, but I think breaks from special events are good because when they come back it's that much more special.... We've had 4 striaght years of sds... Would I've  been upset if they came back again this year, of course not. I'm looking forward to making it to some tracks I haven't visited yet..... Further more, i like the fact Weedsport has 3 shows because it makes Weedsport a special place. Considering they don't run weekly, having 3 shows makes it a extra special place.... which it is... Love Weedsport...

Do you consider Canandaigua the same because it has three shows?

I like diversity in the schedule and I'm a Canandaigua homer...it's my favorite track. It's great that they have three shows, but to me, it's a bit of overkill. I wish places like Fulton, Brewerton, Outlaw, Fonda, Utica-Rome, Mohawk and Airborne were on there...it truly makes it feel more like a touring series with different guys competing against the tour regulars when you do that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

What is the reason for dropping..Mohawk, Fulton, Brewerton..I 've been to all three of these races they all seemed to be well attended with good car counts.

I think there is more to the story then being said. If you read the story in AARN all it says at the very end of the article is off of the schedule are Eldora and Sharon Speedways in Ohio. Not one word about Mohawk, Fulton or Brewerton.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thunder Mountain gets a date while Brewerton ant Fulton are left out. Hell hath frozen over. The dust will be unbearable even for us diehards. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jsw14886 said:

Thunder Mountain gets a date while Brewerton ant Fulton are left out. Hell hath frozen over. The dust will be unbearable even for us diehards. 

No one was left out. I believe the promoter(s) chose not to have a SDS event.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John wight and dirtcar have had their fair share of issues in the past. It would not be surprising if they were squabbling again. No sds races, Larry has been to a couple of deyo shows, and I think he is running quite a bit of that series next season. That in and of itself is a surprise, for a long time  John would have nothing to do with deyo. It’s complete speculation of course but the last time they had issues with dirt, Fulton and brewerton were a/r tracks with no sanctioning. So it’s not unbelievable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Do you consider Canandaigua the same because it has three shows?

I like diversity in the schedule and I'm a Canandaigua homer...it's my favorite track. It's great that they have three shows, but to me, it's a bit of overkill. I wish places like Fulton, Brewerton, Outlaw, Fonda, Utica-Rome, Mohawk and Airborne were on there...it truly makes it feel more like a touring series with different guys competing against the tour regulars when you do that. 

No. I like seeing Weedsport with 3 because it makes it a special venue... would shy away with lol because they run weekly. Imo..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joshua Jello Loughnot said:

No. I like seeing Weedsport with 3 because it makes it a special venue... would shy away with lol because they run weekly. Imo..... 

3 races at the same track dont make it a special event ... having one Sds race at your track makes it special 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joshua Jello Loughnot said:

No. I like seeing Weedsport with 3 because it makes it a special venue... would shy away with lol because they run weekly. Imo..... 

Why does Weedsport not running weekly getting 3 shows make it special but a same track that runs them weekly not make it special? If Weedsport had 1 less show would it still be “special”? I just don’t get your point here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some years there are races added after the original posted schedule. The year has only been over a month.  Maybe some other tracks are working on adding them but haven't commited yet.    

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Why does Weedsport not running weekly getting 3 shows make it special but a same track that runs them weekly not make it special? If Weedsport had 1 less show would it still be “special”? I just don’t get your point here.

Because Weedsport is pretty much a special event track.... Not saying LoL' s events aren't special, just think having 3 events that brings sds tour drivers, which a number of them run thier weekly seems to me a little much. And even gives those drivers a little advantage... Would I love having 3 sds races at Brewerton, you bet, but it just wouldn't seem like a special event by the 3rd one.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Why does Weedsport not running weekly getting 3 shows make it special but a same track that runs them weekly not make it special? If Weedsport had 1 less show would it still be “special”? I just don’t get your point here.

To each their own. There is no right or wrong answer here. The poster shouldn’t have to prove a thing; there is not point to be made. 
 

I personally have no issue with the series running 6 shows at 2 tracks. Who knows, maybe it encourages others to participate in the tour? And maybe it doesn’t. Proof will be in the attendance and quality of event and that won’t be known for many months 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it hard to believe that the promoters of mohawk did'nt want a SDS race.I go there every year and the race is very well attended, I would'nt think they're losing money on the deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, DaRooster said:

True.  I had mixed emotions when I saw that.  I like that the DIRT drivers will have to

be there, but I'm worried that it will turn out like Oswego.

Have mixed emotions as well. Generally the event runs off smooth now that the track has run it themselves for a few years. Now Dirtcar's officiating team will be taking over running the event. I know they do a similar race at Oswego, but, I've seen bad things in the past at this race when they ran it. Apparantly Larsen feels the increase in car and fan count will pay for the sanctioning fee?

Then again if they charge the same amount for admission I might just skip it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Promoters dropped them. My guess would be they didn’t make much on the return of hosting a series race.  Mohawk I’d say this is definitely the case. Fulton got rained out most the time in late April 

You hit the nail on the head. The cost of bringing the SDS series to a track makes it more difficult on the return. I would say that's the case with Airborne and Mohawk. The $ saved by not having them can be used to hold special $ nights where you might attract invaders from other tracks bc of rainouts that day or from previous nights. Airborne got a lot of sportsman and more 358s when Mohawk had a terrible run of rainouts. Question.  Is there a track sharing concept out there?  Could for instance Mohawk and Airborne share a schedule?  Don't run both nights Friday and Saturday. Stagger schedule. Have a combined track champion?  Just food for thought. Seems harder and harder to get fans in the stand. If say Airborne didn't run every week, fans might be more inclined to show because they can't say"there's always next week. I as a fan would find it cool to see my hometown track drivers at Airborne, have to go to Mohawk the following week Seems like getting harder and harder for tracks to make a profit. I don't claim to know the answers, but I do know tracks need more fans in the stands to make it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to 8 SDS races last yr, Mohawk, Airborne, Brewerton included in them.these races seemed to do well in my eyes.But if you want a mega show go to Granby and Drummond, the 2 best SDS races yr after yr in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

I went to 8 SDS races last yr, Mohawk, Airborne, Brewerton included in them.these races seemed to do well in my eyes.But if you want a mega show go to Granby and Drummond, the 2 best SDS races yr after yr in my opinion

But the difference last year at Mohawk and Airborne was these were increased to 10K to win not 4K like previous years too. I went to both and they did seem to be well attended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 7:31 PM, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Definitely strange to not see Brewerton and Fulton on there...

I hope Airborne gets a date if they can find a buyer to keep the track open in 2020. Not seeing Mohawk is weird as well.

there dates ate to late in the season and both tracks lost there asses last year the only one who won was dirtcar as usual 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bababuoy said:

there dates ate to late in the season and both tracks lost there asses last year the only one who won was dirtcar as usual 

Good grief!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bababuoy said:

there dates ate to late in the season and both tracks lost there asses last year the only one who won was dirtcar as usual 

I honestly thought mohawk especially had a good crowd, parking lot was packed, the big parking lot across the street was packed, It seemed ok to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

I honestly thought mohawk especially had a good crowd, parking lot was packed, the big parking lot across the street was packed, It seemed ok to me.

That’s because it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.
















×
×
  • Create New...