Sign in to follow this  
stratton87

heads up for dirtvision subscribers from charlotte

Just a heads up for anyone that ordered the fast pass weekend subscription for Charlotte world finals. I signed up for just that weekend and they charged my account again today. It wasn't set up for recurring monthly subscriptions but they charged me anyway. I called dirtondirt since it shows up under them on my account and was told dirtvision said not to refund anyone unless the customer contacts dirtvision 1st, pretty shady business to not just refund me right away due to their error. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stratton87 said:

Just a heads up for anyone that ordered the fast pass weekend subscription for Charlotte world finals. I signed up for just that weekend and they charged my account again today. It wasn't set up for recurring monthly subscriptions but they charged me anyway. I called dirtondirt since it shows up under them on my account and was told dirtvision said not to refund anyone unless the customer contacts dirtvision 1st, pretty shady business to not just refund me right away due to their error. 

The Fast Pass is a monthly subscription, I'm pretty sure it says it on their website. That's why I cancelled mine right after the World Finals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DIRTCar97 said:

The Fast Pass is a monthly subscription, I'm pretty sure it says it on their website. That's why I cancelled mine right after the World Finals.

You still might want to keep an eye on your credit card.  Seems like this is standard practice for them.

I signed up to watch Volusia back in February. I cancelled it during the event, they then proceeded to charge my credit card the month after that, and another month after that (March and April).  Again, I told them to cancel it and remove my card number from the system IN February during the event.

Over email they said they did credit my credit card. But they only credited my card for 1 of the charges and not 2.  I then had to go back and forth and sent a screenshot of the charges and credits to my card.  If she didn't credit my card, I would have just disputed the charge with my cc company. I'm not paying for services I don't want especially at $39/month.

For this reason, I won't do reoccurring subscriptions.  No matter how bad I want to see the race.  It's not worth it to me to have to check up on them like little kids to see if they're still charging my credit card for services that I cancelled.

It's very unfortunate because the coverage is great. I'm just not a fan of people taking my money when I cancel a service.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

I didn't sign up for the monthly it was just the weekend only. Same thing I do every year and have never had this issue before. 

1 hour ago, stratton87 said:

I didn't sign up for the monthly it was just the weekend only. Same thing I do every year and have never had this issue before. 

The Fast Pass is a monthly subscription, there was no option to buy the weekend only. It was either a) Buy a Fast Pass (monthly subscription) or b) Buy each event separately. 

6 hours ago, inthecuse said:

You still might want to keep an eye on your credit card.  Seems like this is standard practice for them.

I signed up to watch Volusia back in February. I cancelled it during the event, they then proceeded to charge my credit card the month after that, and another month after that (March and April).  Again, I told them to cancel it and remove my card number from the system IN February during the event.

Over email they said they did credit my credit card. But they only credited my card for 1 of the charges and not 2.  I then had to go back and forth and sent a screenshot of the charges and credits to my card.  If she didn't credit my card, I would have just disputed the charge with my cc company. I'm not paying for services I don't want especially at $39/month.

For this reason, I won't do reoccurring subscriptions.  No matter how bad I want to see the race.  It's not worth it to me to have to check up on them like little kids to see if they're still charging my credit card for services that I cancelled.

It's very unfortunate because the coverage is great. I'm just not a fan of people taking my money when I cancel a service.

Thank you for this info, I'll keep an eye on my card. 

19 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

The Fast Pass is a monthly subscription, there was no option to buy the weekend only. It was either a) Buy a Fast Pass (monthly subscription) or b) Buy each event separately. 

while I certainly see what you mean, charlotte is it's own event. it's the whole weekend package and was cheaper than a monthly subscription. I've done this every year except the one year that I lived in nc and went to it in person. 

as for dirtvision it's a back and forth bs between them and dirtondirt not responding until 2 days later. stating they'll cancel me for January moving forward but won't cancel me for December even though I haven't even been on dirtvision since charlotte weekend. my bank won't even dispute it because dirtvision sent an email stating that right now it's a monthly subscription. last rant for them is, even if I did agree to a recurring, which I didn't why do I have to email someone as a customer to have it not renew? I should be able to access the account and cancel anytime just like flo racing. I did make the mistake with flo to not cancel one time with family matters and they saw I hadn't used it in 2 weeks and still offered to refund me without having to ask for it.