Sign in to follow this  
ferg3298

Dirtcar new rule

4 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Racer, 

sad part is lots:( what is $5000 to a guy to buy and advantage? Engine builder would say they must have tampered with it. Owner would say I didn’t touch it. 

Think about this Dirt could have their own Dyno pay a guy $45,000 a year to run it. Each team would pay $400 to Dyno a motor in the price they purchase the motor from dirt for. I would say between all classes 150 motors a year would be a far number after initial year so the cost would support the in house tech system that would be in place with having 1 Dyno checking ALL motors!

Your right, but what if it's a sportsman engine that is put on the dyno......I don't think lightweight parts are going to show up on a dyno

4 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

jumper

Maybe the bigger LOL is guys like you making comments when you probably know little about the talks I’m talking about. And if you look at the problems that are happening if they did a plan like I proposed most of the issues would have gone away,  racers would money ahead, and the playing field would be leveler. 

But ive learned that  fixing problems isn’t the thing everyone looks for , some would rather be in control, make money , and that sad.

Are you a WRG Employee? Are you part of Mark’s Tech Team? Do I know you? Perhaps a real name would help? Everyone is so secretive on here. Real names on DTD are more protected than Government Officials protection via the Secret Service. No offense, people who post regularly on here, hiding behind screen names, have very little credibility. Generally all I hear is Charlie Brown’s School Teacher.

Eagleonemotorsports, you are severely mistaken if you think jumper has no clue. Might wanna send people a message and ask before you say they don't know what they are talking about. Their is already a few on this board that tell everyone they are wrong. 

13 minutes ago, racer80 said:

Your right, but what if it's a sportsman engine that is put on the dyno......I don't think lightweight parts are going to show up on a dyno

If the torque curve and hp rating are within spec, then your legal. The whole point to rebuilding these motors is to move the torque curve not necessarily build power. A dyno will show that quite quickly. The cam dr is beatable, the fuel tech is a joke, and sending engines to a biased engine shop makes zero sense. With the amount of accusations and over rulings that have come out of the LJL engine shop alone should tell dirtcar they need their own dyno system, or a deal with gm themselves. I myself cant say with any truth that any engine tested at any engine shop was wrongly deemed legal or illegal, but I know tons of guys who feel that your engine results depend solely upon whatever relationship you have with the shop conducting the dyno. Along with that, many feel targeted or are wrongly forced to the dyno at certain tracks. 

2 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

If the torque curve and hp rating are within spec, then your legal. The whole point to rebuilding these motors is to move the torque curve not necessarily build power. A dyno will show that quite quickly. The cam dr is beatable, the fuel tech is a joke, and sending engines to a biased engine shop makes zero sense. With the amount of accusations and over rulings that have come out of the LJL engine shop alone should tell dirtcar they need their own dyno system, or a deal with gm themselves. I myself cant say with any truth that any engine tested at any engine shop was wrongly deemed legal or illegal, but I know tons of guys who feel that your engine results depend solely upon whatever relationship you have with the shop conducting the dyno. Along with that, many feel targeted or are wrongly forced to the dyno at certain tracks. 

If an engine builder has to put his seals on a 602 I don't think he will take the chance of losing 5 grand for cheating up a rate. A lightweight crank will make that car come off the turn like a missle

The only bad thing I see with if something happens to your engine so you hafta buy new is the low buck guys that are in it for the fun for the most part. A fair amount at  some tracks don't have the money or a spare engine sitting around.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I still would like the motor builders to have to put up a bond....after all, they're the ones cheating up the motors.....builder loses bond, car owner & driver are suspended 

I don’t know how many engine builders are going to put up any money to get themselves in a he said she said argument that will arise. The idea does sound good but everyone knows it’s never the guys caught cheatings fault. Idk how possible it is, but if I get my motor rebuilt by donath, he seals it with the cable seals, I then take it to my buddy Morrison who is also an authorized builder with cable seals, I pay him to take it apart cheat the hell out of it, he re seals it with same seal, new cable.....I get caught, donath loses 5 grand, when he did everything correctly. 

Racer

one think I would propose is weighing each motor before it’s given to s team from Dirt initially.

second a borascope would allow you to look at crank , rods, and piston as well as port matching. 

Also the acceleration I believe would show up

Dan 

let me ask you this, if a racer needs to put a clip and replace a front end there isn’t much difference. It’s sad to say cause I look out for the small guy but if you can’t afford to fix it weather it’s the motor , rear end , or front end come back when you can.

6 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Jumper

no I’m not a WRG employee or part of Marks team.  I don’t believe In puppetry. I sent you a pm with my name

A puppet is a way for someone to mask an identity.

A puppet is letting someone else make decision for you!! All season long at a track I went to and at Super Dirt Week there was 2 cars running aluminum spoilers instead of Lexan . That’s a safety factor because drivers following their view is blocked 5 inches taller! 

I think you better do some research of puppet in dictionary. 

Trust me Dirt inst ready for a Dick Brook style tech inspector:)

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

A puppet is letting someone else make decision for you!! All season long at a track I went to and at Super Dirt Week there was 2 cars running aluminum spoilers instead of Lexan . That’s a safety factor because drivers following their view is blocked 5 inches taller! 

I think you better do some research of puppet in dictionary. 

Trust me Dirt inst ready for a Dick Brook style tech inspector:)

Mark does a terrific job with the Tech Department for DIRTcar. Who’s pulling your strings?

No ones pulling my strings!!!!

Not saying Mark doesn’t do a good job .ive known Mark for over 30 years back when he raced.  But I told him about that car with aluminum spoiler and nothing was done. It’s illegal according to the rule book. 

Also Dirt seals were given to an engine builder without Mark being there to inspect it being assembled and I’m pretty sure there was an issue . 

So jumper is it ok not to follow the rule book in your mind? 

What about the only time they check sportsman shocks for the Dirt stickers is Oswego and maybe a series race. 

1 hour ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

No ones pulling my strings!!!!

Not saying Mark doesn’t do a good job .ive known Mark for over 30 years back when he raced.  But I told him about that car with aluminum spoiler and nothing was done. It’s illegal according to the rule book. 

Also Dirt seals were given to an engine builder without Mark being there to inspect it being assembled and I’m pretty sure there was an issue . 

So jumper is it ok not to follow the rule book in your mind? 

What about the only time they check sportsman shocks for the Dirt stickers is Oswego and maybe a series race. 

Hey now....they did crack the mistery as to why pecore has been so fast....

11 hours ago, jumper12a said:

No offense, people who post regularly on here, hiding behind screen names, have very little credibility. Generally all I hear is Charlie Brown’s School Teacher.

Well then,  that surely explains why you feel the need to respond to some of those posts😂

1 hour ago, leroy said:

Well then,  that surely explains why you feel the need to respond to some of those posts😂

You can rest assured that any criticism you have about WRG will be reported by him to his immediate bosses at WRG......I know from experience

• Haha 3

I wish it was mandatory to have to post your name so I could put a name to some of the idiotic comments and accusations that have been made in this post 

Rob Hile 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I don’t know how many engine builders are going to put up any money to get themselves in a he said she said argument that will arise. The idea does sound good but everyone knows it’s never the guys caught cheatings fault. Idk how possible it is, but if I get my motor rebuilt by donath, he seals it with the cable seals, I then take it to my buddy Morrison who is also an authorized builder with cable seals, I pay him to take it apart cheat the hell out of it, he re seals it with same seal, new cable.....I get caught, donath loses 5 grand, when he did everything correctly. 

FASTRAK bonds their certified rebuilders, and have had to revoke bonds before. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

FASTRAK bonds their certified rebuilders, and have had to revoke bonds before. 

I’m sure that process would / does work. I’ve talked to a few engine builders that at the time (a year or so ago) just didn’t want to get involved with all the fiasco that crate rebuilding causes. No matter what someone is pointing the finger at someone else and accusing, but if your going to allow crates to be repaired or freshened there has to be something in place to hold the builders accountable as well as tech for the teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racer80 said:

You can rest assured that any criticism you have about WRG will be reported by him to his immediate bosses at WRG......I know from experience

Nice try Bob. You are your own worst enemy. Everyone knows who you are lol. The constant bashing of WRG is going to catch up with you.