Jump to content



Sign in to follow this  
ferg3298

Dirtcar new rule

Recommended Posts

Nobody here is "bashing" anyone.......it's criticizing with a hope that improvements will be made....and just for your information, I no longer work for Candyland so please stop using them as a way to get to me...thank you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I’m sure that process would / does work. I’ve talked to a few engine builders that at the time (a year or so ago) just didn’t want to get involved with all the fiasco that crate rebuilding causes. No matter what someone is pointing the finger at someone else and accusing, but if your going to allow crates to be repaired or freshened there has to be something in place to hold the builders accountable as well as tech for the teams.

It has worked for years at this point. IIRC, Durrence Layne (and by extension, RUSH) have a similar program in place. I don’t see any reason why WRG couldn’t do the same. I will say that there isn’t nearly as many accusations of cheating in their UMP crate classes as there are in the northeast though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Are you a WRG Employee? Are you part of Mark’s Tech Team? Do I know you? Perhaps a real name would help? Everyone is so secretive on here. Real names on DTD are more protected than Government Officials protection via the Secret Service. No offense, people who post regularly on here, hiding behind screen names, have very little credibility. Generally all I hear is Charlie Brown’s School Teacher.

Says the guy who doesn't use his name.....😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Says the guy who doesn't use his name.....😉

Scott, my name is attached to every post of mine. It’s been there for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Rob

not sure if I was one of those you were referring to:) 

Happy Holidays to your whole family

David Surace

Dave you were not one of the ones I was taking about Lol. It’s funny because I get a text from a fellow engine builder asking if I know who a certain screen name was because they seem to have all the answers to everything and it made me think I wish I knew who some of these people were lol. 
 

Happy Holidays to you and your family also.

Rob 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Scott, my name is attached to every post of mine. It’s been there for years.

For what’s its worth, that’s not visible on mobile. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

For what’s its worth, that’s not visible on mobile. 

Turn your phone sideways 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Scott, my name is attached to every post of mine. It’s been there for years.

I don't see it on my phone......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

I don't see it on my phone......

For some reason the signature Only shows up on my computer and not on the Mobil version on my phone either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

I don't see it on my phone......

Turn your phone sideways 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Turn your phone sideways 

That doesn't help, at least on mine.  But, to your original point, I believe most of us do know who you are.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fulbrew said:

That doesn't help, at least on mine.  But, to your original point, I believe most of us do know who you are.  

Idk, when I’m on DTD with my phone, if I turn it sideways I view the entire post showing the pic I have in it, along with my signature/name. Holding it upright shortens each post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad this thread turned into an edition of tech talk 😁

I think it touches on one of the biggest issues in racing, though -- racing is built on innovation and improvements by the competitors, but at the same time, revolutionary changes can be extremely expensive for everyone just to tread water, where's the line? It's been an issue since the very beginning of racing -- do we want to lock things in as they are for stability or let things evolve? Tracks need lots of folks in the pits to get by, which suggests stability is good ... but racers are racers and somebody is going to find a way to spend a ton of money for a decisive advantage unless you lock things down into a spec type car. And since so much of racing is about ego, lots of people spend lots more money to win at any cost than they will ever earn back, pushing a lot of talented guys without money into a competitive disadvantage ... those that don't just get frustrated and quit, anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BillSmith said:

I'm glad this thread turned into an edition of tech talk 😁

I think it touches on one of the biggest issues in racing, though -- racing is built on innovation and improvements by the competitors, but at the same time, revolutionary changes can be extremely expensive for everyone just to tread water, where's the line? It's been an issue since the very beginning of racing -- do we want to lock things in as they are for stability or let things evolve? Tracks need lots of folks in the pits to get by, which suggests stability is good ... but racers are racers and somebody is going to find a way to spend a ton of money for a decisive advantage unless you lock things down into a spec type car. And since so much of racing is about ego, lots of people spend lots more money to win at any cost than they will ever earn back, pushing a lot of talented guys without money into a competitive disadvantage ... those that don't just get frustrated and quit, anyway.

 

It sucks that money is the difference and sadly we are seeing this is many sports, not just auto racing. Barriers exist where ones weren’t previously present. Unless your parents have the time and money, things like hockey aren’t as easily accessible and it’s frustrating. I wish every kid was on the same footing but that’s just not has it is. And same with racing. Everyone has a budget and at the end of the day there will always be some that can leverage their war chest where others cannot. I do think it’s a bit strange how much some teams are willing to sink into racing with little to no chance of ROI but who am I to question how others are spending their hard earned money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johny 

sad thing is that’s the way the whole world of life pretty much is now. Those with talent in their workmanship skill don’t get a chance to get the equipment they need to grow your business as easily. 

Reason many race is it’s either spend it on racing or give it to government in taxes. Why do you think there’s so many nice haulers especially 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the days when a scrappy guy could go out and drive the wheels off the car and they were the winners, not the guys who just write a check for everything. I really think racing would be in a much better place if the rules were written so that talent mattered a lot more than a checkbook. The drivers would come back, the fans would come back. 

Maybe the "money talks" emphasis on racing is why car counts and spectator attendance have dropped so much. That route sure as hell didn't help NASCAR, did it?

(No doubt, there are a lot of talented drivers out there now. But the point I am making is that a lot of very talented guys can't compete because they don't have money.)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Johny 

sad thing is that’s the way the whole world of life pretty much is now. Those with talent in their workmanship skill don’t get a chance to get the equipment they need to grow your business as easily. 

Reason many race is it’s either spend it on racing or give it to government in taxes. Why do you think there’s so many nice haulers especially 

Oh I agree. Sad but true. I know I am seeing the world through rose coloured glasses but I just wish there was the ability to put a cap on the spending to level the field. Then we get to see who’s best, not who has the most money or the time to devout entirely to the sport and not try and get things ready on the side while working and balancing family. In any event I’m just a fan and trying to hang on. It’s certainly not what it used to be, but it’s better then other sports to watch which are even more extreme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you really want Racing to go back to the way it used to be where a Driver that had the skills and talent to win on any night with an EQUAL Playing field then I suggest this.

 

Every team that is registered with DIRT, come up with a budget to run that car in all races for the season and list how much money is allocated to Your Engine program, your Suspension Program, Your tire program, and your Chassis program Et. Etc.

Dirt then looks at each budget of each car and comes up with an average cost breakdown for each program that the teams have.  Then they make a Salary Type Cap for each car to spend this much money for each program.  The way to handle that money is that, each team has to put that amount of money into a separate account that can be monitored by DIRT for every car in the DIRT program. 

This will make every team and car equal as far as the MONEY SPENDING Goes.  So now you have the same budget for every team and it is monitored by DIRT, this will put the high dollar teams on the same playing field as the low dollar teams and then the Drivers Skill Sets will determine who is the best.  No one can say that they beat me because they had better Motor or better suspension bah blah blah.  

I know this isn't perfect, but some how some way this sport we love has to be regulated money wise to make it more competitive for everyone.  There are ways to do this and keep it fair so teams DO NOT use any monies that aren't accounted for.  Manufacturers Motor Builders and so on all have to be on board and have to report to DIRT the money spent for each team and car.

 

That's my 2 cents and No its not perfect and things would have to be worked out to keep this fair, but something has to be done

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:47 AM, Josh Bayko said:

It has worked for years at this point. IIRC, Durrence Layne (and by extension, RUSH) have a similar program in place. I don’t see any reason why WRG couldn’t do the same. I will say that there isn’t nearly as many accusations of cheating in their UMP crate classes as there are in the northeast though. 

It's called $$$$$, WRG makes money they are all for it. look at the fire bottle. Every manufacturer has said a 5lb bottle would be more than enough. WRG says nope put a 10lb on at almost double the cost. = $$$$$$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida 

first of all there is only $275 difference

second WRG makes nothing on systems sold

third if you add a third nozzle like you should you need the extra suppression. If I’m on Fire the more suppression the better chance I got of not getting burned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be 3link sportsman only and mods whatever you want to follow the A-B mod model of most classes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 80K said:

Should be 3link sportsman only and mods whatever you want to follow the A-B mod model of most classes. 

Good idea, but to make it more northeast appropriate, maybe torsion only in sportsman and whatever you want in mods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, floridamod said:

It's called $$$$$, WRG makes money they are all for it. look at the fire bottle. Every manufacturer has said a 5lb bottle would be more than enough. WRG says nope put a 10lb on at almost double the cost. = $$$$$$$

Safety isn’t the place to whine about money. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
















×