Sign in to follow this  
MikeMallett

Mike Bowman | The Dirt | Episode #2

Here is our second episode of The Dirt featuring Mike Bowman from Southern Ontario.  A regular at both Ransomville and Merrittville Speedways last season.

• Like 1

I enjoyed both The Dirt videos posted.👍.

Are there plans for more?  If so care to say who is next?

Leroy, I believe the next one is billy van pelt from what Mike said in the thread with the poll about picking name

So far I've chatted with Billy Van Pelt (Episode 3), LJ Lombardo (Episode 4) and Matt Tanner (Episode 5).  

I'm trying to mix it up between well known drivers and other folks.  Have some plans with others as well.

Would you be interested in one with Utica-Rome Speedway owner Bill Shea?  Thinking about heading to where he works for his real job and then talk racing and off track life.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

I would say yes. Talking to people that aren't just drivers and can give insight to the other things involved with racing. 

I think interviewing the promoters and track owners is a great idea. 

What about the track prep guys?  Seems like track prep is well talked about on here and could be very informative. Maybe bribe them with a beer for their best secret for a great track surface.

How about Glenn Donnelly with the focus being the earlier days? Covering topics such as how he got into racing.  Maybe even some random stuff with his favorite band or most interesting story with concerts at weedsport (you know it's summer when they're rocking at weedsport!).  Didn't he have a pet tiger 🐅? Maybe a small portion of the interview could be about cnyrp but not dominating the interview.

Or maybe interview some die-hard fans that have hit every series race in a year or every super dirt week. Maybe 5 or so fans to get different aspects of what racing means to them to get 20 minutes worth of coverage.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 9:26 AM, inthecuse said:

What about the track prep guys?  Seems like track prep is well talked about on here and could be very informative. Maybe bribe them with a beer for their best secret for a great track surface.

I would really appreciate an interview (if he's willing to give up his secrets) with Jeremie Corcoran on how he preps a track that drivers rave about without using calcium chloride.