Sign in to follow this  
WheelsUpHammerDown10

Land of Legends 2020 streaming

Paul Cole is changing the game again! 

2019 DIRTcar Promoter of the Year Paul Cole made a major announcement today at the Eastern Motorsports Press Association convention. Live Streaming through our brand new website will go live very soon. $150 season subscriptions when you purchase by 4/1/2020 ($7.50 per show!)

This is exactly the type of suggestion I made in the DTD live thread and I’m very excited for this. $7.50 per show is very reasonable and I’m 98 percent sure I’ll be subscribing to this.

• Like 1

For the fan, it's a good deal. We will see if it is the right thing for the track.  It works as long as your grabbing fans who wouldn't normally be there.

You need enough of them to offset the cost of showing the races as well as the loss of ticket revenue  and loss of concessions if those people were there.

Hope it works well, time will tell. 

How many people within 2 hours of the track are going to drop $150 on this and stay home instead? I’d bet not many.  Maybe I’m wrong. I could see more people potentially doing the one off purchases that are closer to the track if they can’t make it on a night or two if weather looks iffy or they have kids/family etc. and all those purchases are equal to the price of admission ticket so all you are losing is the potential concession sale which honestly, varies so much individual to individual. Some spend $40-$50 at concession stand, others spend $5 or less.

I applaud those that are forward thinking with things like streaming and recognizing that there are so many more potential eyeballs out there that would watch your product and give you additional revenue streams if you try it.

I live 6 hours away from LoL and will almost certainly be purchasing this package. That’s $150 Paul didn’t have if he doesn’t offer this service.

• Like 2

Sorry to see Paul change directions away from DTD Tv after a successful 2 year partnership but wish him and Land of Legends well in their new endeavor. 

• Like 3

It's not likely that anyone living within a reasonable traveling distance who has transportation and admission money would favor an internet broadcast over live attended viewing, however... Sometimes things beyond our control happen and attendance isn't an option. If Mommy has to work and Daddy has to stay home to watch the kids, we offer a high quality streaming service that's pretty hard to beat as an alternative.

I won't say that Paul Cole's budget is limitless when it comes to upgrading or adding new things to his stream. Obviously he wants and needs to keep costs down. But he does listen to ideas, he comes up with his own, and he surprises the team now and then with a new toy that makes the broadcast better. I'm pretty sure that will be the case for the new season too. The best thing about this service is that Paul watches each one when he gets home and I know he watches what a lot of other services are doing. I really enjoy working with this team because it's fun.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

It's not likely that anyone living within a reasonable traveling distance who has transportation and admission money would favor an internet broadcast over live attended viewing, however... Sometimes things beyond our control happen and attendance isn't an option. If Mommy has to work and Daddy has to stay home to watch the kids, we offer a high quality streaming service that's pretty hard to beat as an alternative.

I won't say that Paul Cole's budget is limitless when it comes to upgrading or adding new things to his stream. Obviously he wants and needs to keep costs down. But he does listen to ideas, he comes up with his own, and he surprises the team now and then with a new toy that makes the broadcast better. I'm pretty sure that will be the case for the new season too. The best thing about this service is that Paul watches each one when he gets home and I know he watches what a lot of other services are doing. I really enjoy working with this team because it's fun.

I agree with you Bob, watching a regular Saturday night show on a laptop just isn’t the same as being there. Now if your local tracks in your area happen to rain out and you have nothing else to do maybe that’s a different story. Or if it’s a special race that you just can’t get to then you may consider watching it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

Exactly my point. I’d prefer to be there 11 times out of 10. But when you live 6 hours away, the only way to stay in contact is via streaming and social media. 

7 hours ago, RJO said:

I agree with you Bob, watching a regular Saturday night show on a laptop just isn’t the same as being there. Now if your local tracks in your area happen to rain out and you have nothing else to do maybe that’s a different story. Or if it’s a special race that you just can’t get to then you may consider watching it. 

Watching on a laptop just isn't the same as watching on a TV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Williams said:

Watching on a laptop just isn't the same as watching on a TV.

It would take one hell of a big laptop to compare to a TV. Not everyone streams on their TV,s.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:52 AM, John Williams said:

It's 2020. No excuses.

It all depends on your budget and ISP. Frontier DSL is what I can afford even though last summer, Spectum tore up my yard to access underground conduit so they could continue their run of fiber down the last 1/2 mile of my road. Their service is in my yard, but I can't spare the difference between the two bills right now.

I can watch HD streamed on DSL to a laptop using one of the internal media players. But I can't take HDMI out of the computer to HDMI in on my TV without major and unwatchable buffering. For the few times I would want that service each year, I can live without it. 

4 hours ago, BobMiller said:

It all depends on your budget and ISP. Frontier DSL is what I can afford even though last summer, Spectum tore up my yard to access underground conduit so they could continue their run of fiber down the last 1/2 mile of my road. Their service is in my yard, but I can't spare the difference between the two bills right now.

I can watch HD streamed on DSL to a laptop using one of the internal media players. But I can't take HDMI out of the computer to HDMI in on my TV without major and unwatchable buffering. For the few times I would want that service each year, I can live without it. 

If you can watch it on a laptop without buffering, then an hdmi cable from that laptop to a TV should not buffer. The TV would just be a monitor. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your scenerio.

If LOL gave it away for FREE, as they do at OHSWEKEN, they may attract New fans instead of just the usual diehard fans that cannot make it to the races. Isn’t the idea to make LOL attractive and visible to New Customers??? 

59 minutes ago, Fran said:

If LOL gave it away for FREE, as they do at OHSWEKEN, they may attract New fans instead of just the usual diehard fans that cannot make it to the races. Isn’t the idea to make LOL attractive and visible to New Customers??? 

As someone who works with video streaming and sporting events....we stream all our games for free and it has 100 percent effected our attendance a little bit. I’d say we miss out on 200ish people a night approximately at our men’s hockey game by streaming for free.

sure it helps keep our alums, parents from far away and fans that can’t make it involved, but it also has effected the gate a little bit. Before streaming, our home attendance used to be 300-400 people a night on average higher.

i think there is a happy medium when it comes to Motorsports. I don’t think giving it away for free is advantageous, but I also don’t think charging high $ on a per event broadcast basis is smart either for everyone because that amount of money adds up very quickly.

I think Paul’s idea of charging $150 for the full season is very smart for people who aren’t close and can only make it to the track a handful of times each year.

i hope others will feel the same as me and purchase this option to make it worthwhile to LOL to continue.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 7:58 AM, John Williams said:

If you can watch it on a laptop without buffering, then an hdmi cable from that laptop to a TV should not buffer. The TV would just be a monitor. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your scenerio.

I agree, it SHOULDN'T happen, but it does. This was precisely the case when I tried watching SU Basketball a couple of years back when they advanced deep in March Madness that was being streamed on ESPN2 I believe. Using a Firestick, I found a pirated stream and could watch the game on my girlfriend's laptop. But the second I plugged in the HDMI cable to feed the TV, it buffered badly. And unplug the cable, the buffering went away.