• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jumper would it have hurt to list the guys that had signed up and not given guys grief over it??  Some people spend a lot more time playing with their keyboards than others or might not know

You guys are a cute couple.

On this northeast dirt modified forum the list containing the names of contracted sds drivers is nowhere near as important to update as the chili bowl entry list that gets updated every 5 minutes for

13 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

you can give a w16 to the top 10 teams, and a few lesser known guys with big blocks will win each event. 

Tell that to Tim Fuller at Mohawk .....2018 SDS BB race and I think Deyo gives more weight breaks than DIRT and Cornwall SDS BB  in past  did someone win with w/16 ?. Did Fuller also win Oswego in w/16 in 358 race? And did Williamson win ESW 358 at OC 2019 in W/16 and Sheppard finsh 2nd and did Sheppard win Oswego 2017 358 with W/16 ?.....If tracks ice it can happen big or small track with 250 lb weight break.....

Volusia is not ice....have you been there? The tracks/events it is successfull at are tracks that have zero traction....even against spec head 358s when the track is fast at all the w16 is not competitive. As far as the deyo shows go.....if the track is super slick, the w16 is still not going to beat the big hp 358s that rob hile was talking about or the big cubic inch small blocks.....straightaway speed isn’t just a myth. You can only pull so much weight off the cars....eventually they just can’t get light enough to even the playing field. The w16 is a great option for some guys at certain facilities....but let’s not make it seem that it’s in the same category as Most of what’s racing on the deyo series. There is a reason big blocks shy away, and 358s don’t keep up normally....the bigger cubic inch small blocks are the overall best race engine available. 

13 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Volusia is not ice....have you been there? The tracks/events it is successfull at are tracks that have zero traction....even against spec head 358s when the track is fast at all the w16 is not competitive 

I'm thinking Deyo show in Florida not Valusia ...and I have been to Valusia and on any dirt track who knows what your going to get on given nite and I think the UMP mods cars are near as fast on some nites as BB DIRT  at Valusia....I'm sure some would disagree 

51 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Volusia is not ice....have you been there? The tracks/events it is successfull at are tracks that have zero traction....even against spec head 358s when the track is fast at all the w16 is not competitive. As far as the deyo shows go.....if the track is super slick, the w16 is still not going to beat the big hp 358s that rob hile was talking about or the big cubic inch small blocks.....straightaway speed isn’t just a myth. You can only pull so much weight off the cars....eventually they just can’t get light enough to even the playing field. The w16 is a great option for some guys at certain facilities....but let’s not make it seem that it’s in the same category as Most of what’s racing on the deyo series. There is a reason big blocks shy away, and 358s don’t keep up normally....the bigger cubic inch small blocks are the overall best race engine available. 

I went to Volusia just one Feb.   I think 2017?  But there was ZERO ICE at that track when I attended .   

Matter of fact.   It may have been the most tacky track I have ever attended in my lifetime.  Teams ran out of tear offs 

I went to All Tech for a crate late model show and the track was smooth and slippery. Light dust it reminds me of Rolling Wheels with a little less banking in corners. Look at aerial photos of both tracks and I think you will see the similarities. It definitely could be a small block type track.

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

The w16 is not winning in Florida no matter who is utilizing it.....which will be nobody. 

Dude , what's your beef with W16's ?     I think it's pretty cool to see such a small engine competing .

29 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Dude , what's your beef with W16's ?     I think it's pretty cool to see such a small engine competing .

I have no issue at all.....but this idea that someone is gunna “buy” a w 16 and put Matt Sheppard in it in Florida and show everyone the fast way around is ludicrous.....it’s a good cheap option, if it was the best option everyone would jump to buy it....just call it like it is, Mohawk and Oswego are places where it works great....against every other engine combination, it’s not gunna work. Quit with the idea that everyone should be forced to weigh 800 lbs more and that will make it the engine of choice....that’s not gunna happen and the w16 wasn’t meant to be a deyo motor or a big block killer. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I have no issue at all.....but this idea that someone is gunna “buy” a w 16 and put Matt Sheppard in it in Florida and show everyone the fast way around is ludicrous.....it’s a good cheap option, if it was the best option everyone would jump to buy it....just call it like it is, Mohawk and Oswego are places where it works great....against every other engine combination, it’s not gunna work. Quit with the idea that everyone should be forced to weigh 800 lbs more and that will make it the engine of choice....that’s not gunna happen and the w16 wasn’t meant to be a deyo motor or a big block killer. 

Or how about maybe big blocks are a thing of the past and small blocks should be the big show. It's a fact that big small blocks are the choice over big blocks. Times are changing. 

7 hours ago, Grizzley111 said:

Or how about maybe big blocks are a thing of the past and small blocks should be the big show. It's a fact that big small blocks are the choice over big blocks. Times are changing. 

I agree completely.....just there are some things that are meant to be a cheaper alternative....not the be all end all. That’s the w16. People make it seem as though all these promoters are doing everything they can to make that motor disappear. It’s not the case, it’s just not the best option most of the time.

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 8:22 PM, rpm72x said:

I’m not sure what their issues are, but the feud only hurts race teams. If there are potential good paying shows for the ess teams, their spat should not get in the way. The deliberate attempts to hurt big money shows via schedules, hurts race teams. I don’t agree with the tactics, but all people can do is choose who to support. 

well its deans club so he does what he wants with it

1 hour ago, floridamod said:

well its deans club so he does what he wants with it

It's not Dean's club..... 

exactly the reason why this site has gone downhill a lot over the years. thread about sds drivers for the upcoming year and maybe 6 actual posts about drivers and 3 pages of a pissing match over which motors are better and would win at what tracks 🙄

• Like 5
1 hour ago, stratton87 said:

exactly the reason why this site has gone downhill a lot over the years. thread about sds drivers for the upcoming year and maybe 6 actual posts about drivers and 3 pages of a pissing match over which motors are better and would win at what tracks 🙄

First day using the internet I see :p 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, luke81 said:

First day using the internet I see :p 

not the first day but when I click on a thread I expect to see information about the thread and not a bunch of whiny posts about other shit. I've been here since the fireondirt days back when the threads stayed on topic and didn't trail off onto some other useless bullshit. 

• Like 4
On 2/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, old racer said:

Tell that to Tim Fuller at Mohawk .....2018 SDS BB race and I think Deyo gives more weight breaks than DIRT and Cornwall SDS BB  in past  did someone win with w/16 ?. Did Fuller also win Oswego in w/16 in 358 race? And did Williamson win ESW 358 at OC 2019 in W/16 and Sheppard finsh 2nd and did Sheppard win Oswego 2017 358 with W/16 ?.....If tracks ice it can happen big or small track with 250 lb weight break.....

2019 though Fuller wasn’t even close to dominating weekly at Mohawk like 2018. I go every week and the built motors gave him a run this past year. They are a motor that are good on slick tracks and momentum tracks where you can keep them wound up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, floridamod said:

its deans club, he pretty much spends the money and schedules the shows how he wants to

Clearly he schedules the shows he wants to.....

Still not his club.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:03 PM, stratton87 said:

We're accepting applications for moderators to help control the topics.  The hours are long and the pay is terrible.  Inquire within... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
6 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

We're accepting applications for moderators to help control the topics.  The hours are long and the pay is terrible.  Inquire within... 

I don't think a moderator is needed for this, it just sucks when you click on a thread and hope to find some useful information yet most of the posts have literally nothing to do with the topic. 

Sorry if you took offense to my comment, I didn't mean that it's a bad site, however there's a lot of people that don't use this anymore because topics don't stay on track. There's so many other ways to find out what you're looking for nowadays. I try to come here as much as possible since I've been here from the beginning but threads like this one make it kind of pointless. 

• Like 1