WTF watched 24 hr race  on Direct TV  they switch channel to local NBC and the 700 club is on. Had to watch last 2 hrs on channel 205 sports mix.

8 minutes ago, no rain said:

WTF watched 24 hr race  on Direct TV  they switch channel to local NBC and the 700 club is on. Had to watch last 2 hrs on channel 205 sports mix.

That sucks. I streamed the whole event on NBCsports gold & never had an interruption. 

Might be a local issue. I watched on Sunday the NBCSports broadcast and NBC.

The announcers are terrible. Stop telling me how exciting a race. I can tell if it is exciting or not.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

The announcers are terrible. Stop telling me how exciting a race. I can tell if it is exciting or not.

I have to disagree on this one. I think they assemble a great team each year for the Rolex 24 broadcast. The only one they could get rid of in my opinion is that egghead Mutledge Wood. He’s a friggin joke!

NASCAR Announcers like Dale Earnhardt, Parker Kligerman, Rutledge, Steve La Tarte, Rick Allen, Marty Snider, Krista Kelly, Dillon Welch....they offered nothing. I muted them before too long.

Imagine if they had that team announce the Chili Bowl....it would be just as bad.

2 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

NASCAR Announcers like Dale Earnhardt, Parker Kligerman, Rutledge, Steve La Tarte, Rick Allen, Marty Snider, Krista Kelly, Dillon Welch....they offered nothing. I muted them before too long.

Imagine if they had that team announce the Chili Bowl....it would be just as bad.

Earnhardt Jr, LeTarte & Krista Voda were fine in their roles. All they did were sit down interviews. Kligerman is fine as a Pit Road Reporter. Dillon Welch I think does a fantastic job on Pit Road as well, he’s very well spoken. And Rick Allen does a good job in the booth for a non-driver. I hope that imbecile Mutledge Wood never sets foot inside the River Spirit Expo Center.

• Like 1

It really does not matter who announces.  I  have tried watching the Rolex 24 few different times, including this past weekend. And I found it about just as exciting as watching paint dry

Earnhardt Jr, LeTarte & Krista Voda ...these 3 hadn't even watch the movie "Ford vs. Ferrari" yet...haha.

I hope that same team announces the Chili Bowl some time so you can prove me wrong.

35 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

Earnhardt Jr, LeTarte & Krista Voda ...these 3 hadn't even watch the movie "Ford vs. Ferrari" yet...haha.

I hope that same team announces the Chili Bowl some time so you can prove me wrong.

For the record, I haven’t seen the movie yet either, but I will eventually. As far as them announcing the CB, good luck with that. Tony Bokhoven, Randy Ward, Bryan Hulbert & Blake Anderson aren’t going anywhere.

44 minutes ago, leroy said:

It really does not matter who announces.  I  have tried watching the Rolex 24 few different times, including this past weekend. And I found it about just as exciting as watching paint dry

The Rolex 24 has become one of my favorite races of the year to watch over the last 15-20 years. I enjoy the challenge of staying up all night watching, the competition is very good when you consider the length. Especially this year with the very limited yellow flags. It was a good race!

3 hours ago, jumper12a said:

The Rolex 24 has become one of my favorite races of the year to watch over the last 15-20 years. I enjoy the challenge of staying up all night watching, the competition is very good when you consider the length. Especially this year with the very limited yellow flags. It was a good race!

How many ML's does it take for Baumes to get through the 24 hours of Daytona??  :)

3 minutes ago, Dean Reynolds said:

How many ML's does it take for Baumes to get through the 24 hours of Daytona??  :)

Depends on how many trips he needs to run to the toilet because of the Hershey squirts he gets from drinking that crap.....LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dean Reynolds said:

0! I would never be able to stay awake if I drank lol

I think NASCAR needs to get Steven A. Smith. ESPN already uses him to comment on everything including NASCAR. They can use him as a test driving dummy to show how safe these cars are running in to the wall at 200+ mph.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

They can use him as a test driving dummy to show how safe these cars are running in to the wall at 200+ mph.

I suppose that job was vacated by Earnhart Sr.

• Confused 1