Forums been quiet! Matt is 0 for 7! Has everyone caught up? I’m sure he is trying new packages but come on, no one expected this! 

Will Matt said last night they are trying a lot of new things this week. I would think if he was going to put his best foot forward down there it will be tonight.

1 hour ago, lenster24 said:

He is never going to win another race at all....Lucky if he ever sees a top 5, just A field filler now

Agreed, probably considering returning to the sportsman class.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, burtonfan1995 said:

Care to make a bet on that? 

Who will win more races then Matt?  Who could win more races then Matt? Who races just as much as Matt?

• Like 1

Matt Williamson could have a shot if 358 wins count....Larry could as well.....but realistically nobody is winning more than sheppard....volusia doesn’t mean anything pertaining to racing back in the northeast 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, buckshot44 said:

Hes using BRP new mono shock chassis for slick tracks,hes the only one who has it,going back to standard rack tonight.

mono shock?

did not that debut on the YZ465?  😆

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Rangers94 said:

Forums been quiet! Matt is 0 for 7! Has everyone caught up? I’m sure he is trying new packages but come on, no one expected this! 

I will go out on a limb and say tomorrow is the day Sheppard9s comes out of his hole 🏋️‍♂️

• Haha 1

Isn't tomorrow Sunday? they don't race.

Back up car had an engine problem,so the new mono shock car,its using a combo of rear shocks,there is a version  with a mono bracket cross link single shock.they had to use it to night after the back up had problems.

Just my two cents on why Matt didn’t dominate the way he has; 

Firstly, it’s a competitive group and the top teams have the funding combined with talent to close the gap. 

But where I believe Matt really thrives is in the summer when he and maybe he alone dedicates so much time to his profession. I’m not saying other teams aren’t banging out long hours, but how many do this as a FT job? This is where Matt gets a leg up, it’s in the shop. Most if not all other drivers are working another job or have other responsibilities that compete with their time. Matt seems to invest so much in his program and it shows when he arrives at the track. This advantage is negated in Florida as everyone has had months to prepare and arrive at the track in a similar state. The competitive gaps widens in the summer when Matt is dedicated exclusively to his car while others have jobs to get to, or are straddling multiple rides in different divisions. 

So yeah I fully expect Matt to be on top or near the top this year, especially as the season gets rolling. 

• Like 1

Volusia is big, fast and hammer down. Even when it’s “ slick” it’s still really fast. It can take rubber and become one lane and like a lot of super fast big tracks, there isn’t a ton of passing. It’s not that Matt can’t win on those surfaces, it’s just anybody else can too. Volusia is a one off, he will have stretches of complete domination this summer like normal on his way to multiple championships, whether they be track or series. 

19 hours ago, buckshot44 said:

Hes using BRP new mono shock chassis for slick tracks,hes the only one who has it,going back to standard rack tonight.

Interesting,they outlaw 4 link,but allow this??? 🤔

• Haha 1