Keep your eye on what happens with Major League Baseball. Discussion is under way right now where with strict regulations, player quarantine and constant player testing, we could have games being played by the end of this month. This would happen without fans in the stands, but it would definitely give new content for television and streaming media.  People are starting to go stir crazy and I think the Government and Medical Industry are well aware of it. There will probably be an adjustment period, but this would obviously be the testing for other sports to continue.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You idiots want to make it political? Every state has been left to fend for themselves by YOUR president.. He completely and utterly disregarded the facts and the people most respected and qualified t

I miss racing and really want to go racing, but knowing a handful of people that either have COVID-19 or have passed away from it sadly makes me think more.  I go to 120 races a year minimum, but I wa

I wonder that if I logged on to a few political websites I might find some racing news! I'm getting tired of seeing the same people flaming others with a differing point of view.

Posted Images

Oh boy!!! Baseball!!!

As the racing fanatic (that's what I called him) once said on a Rush Hour promo. "This game sucks!!!"

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Oh boy!!! Baseball!!!

As the racing fanatic (that's what I called him) once said on a Rush Hour promo. "This game sucks!!!"

I'd rather watch paint dry, than watch a baseball game... haha. To me, if MLB comes back on, tv will be just as boring as it is right now. Fortunately I have a lot of firewood to cut and split so time is flying by right now.  

• Like 1

Looks doubtful any event with a 'crowd' will be allowed most of if not all summer. The 'experts' are already questioning whether the NFL will start with fans and that's September. 

I read somewhere cities across the country are cancelling 4th of July fireworks and I believe Ithaca ny was one of them. 

3 hours ago, leroy said:

I enjoy watching baseball.

Provided it is not i baseball

Yup, bout as exciting as watching racecar drivers play video games. I just fail to get the hype around putting iracing on tv. In the end, your still watching adults play video games. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

I'd rather watch paint dry, than watch a baseball game... haha. To me, if MLB comes back on, tv will be just as boring as it is right now. Fortunately I have a lot of firewood to cut and split so time is flying by right now.  

I feel the exact same way about Hockey.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 4/15/2020 at 12:02 PM, J. Downing said:

NYS will be May1st weekend. Just a guess. 

Well it wont be May 1st weekend now!!

I'm  not sure most people understand how severe this actually is,700 that's 700 people a day are dying in NYC,and more around the state and country,I've lost some people I've done business with,then you realize.I spoke to associates in NYC last night it is getting worse instead of better according to real people on the ground there.I see this as months,many months down the road before anyone is safe to do as we please,forget racing and sports better think about survival,normal just living and normal expenses,things can get worse before better,hope everyone respects staying away from each other and stay safe,all of us are in an unwanted dangerous situation,hopefully somebody figures it out as of now they have no clue or cure what is going to happen,some people doesn't seem to affect some it kills fast,doesn't discriminate,be safe everyone going to be long haul looks like,sincerely ccbcrewchief

• Like 2

Just a brief,if your waiting the the political gurus to help and figure it out remember it is all of them that got us in this position years of greed led to this,so makes you wonder what they going to do right this time,besides get to work tax slaves gov.needs the income.again be safe and carefull

Cuomo will milk the quarantine all the way to the White House if he thinks it'll get him there.  It's beyond medical science now, it's turned all political.  Stick a fork in auto racing for this season it's done.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Ohio begins the process of opening back up May 1st.  The big question is what track takes the chance of opening to see if fans flock to the track or stay away for a while.

18 minutes ago, JAR1972 said:

Ohio begins the process of opening back up May 1st.  The big question is what track takes the chance of opening to see if fans flock to the track or stay away for a while.

States opening up won't mean for sporting events with large crowds. And yes local racing is considered a large crowd.

Unfortunately, I think when we get going, the crowds will be down in many places and you may have tracks running once or twice and pulling the plug and saying it's not worth it.  Many people are going to be short $$$ and hesitant to be in crowds. I hope I'm wrong.

I don’t know about in the northeast, but I’m guessing in the southern states and midwestern states that havnt had much of an outbreak, tracks will begin to open up in May. I think there are certainly going to be some changes, but once things begin to open, I think it will force the states hands to allow most places to do the same. There are states beginning to protest now, and I think many states realize that eventually the flood gates are going to open. When there is 10000 people on a beach in South Carolina, what are the police going to do? Arrest all of them? At this point nobody can tell me it’s any more dangerous to sit with your family 6 ft away from the next group at a racetrack, than it is to go to Home Depot with 300 other people inside. The same can be said going to a restaurant, space tables, limit capacity , make all waiters and waitresses wear masks. The supermarkets all over the country are full of people everyday. Honestly, I don’t think anyone...including drs have a clue what to do, and in some cases the number of people do not make much sense. The models presented to us were drastically wrong, and more and more scientists are now saying it has been community spread for months, meaning hundreds of thousands of us probably have gotten it. Now we are adding possible deaths to numbers, it’s financial and political at this point and a huge number of Americans are sick of all of it and are willing to chance it. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, ccbcrewchief said:

I'm  not sure most people understand how severe this actually is,700 that's 700 people a day are dying in NYC,and more around the state and country,I've lost some people I've done business with,then you realize.I spoke to associates in NYC last night it is getting worse instead of better according to real people on the ground there.I see this as months,many months down the road before anyone is safe to do as we please,forget racing and sports better think about survival,normal just living and normal expenses,things can get worse before better,hope everyone respects staying away from each other and stay safe,all of us are in an unwanted dangerous situation,hopefully somebody figures it out as of now they have no clue or cure what is going to happen,some people doesn't seem to affect some it kills fast,doesn't discriminate,be safe everyone going to be long haul looks like,sincerely ccbcrewchief

Stock futures point to a 900 point gain tomorrow.