PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE AND IS OPEN TO ALL CARS WITH ROLL CAGE

Based on expectations that CDC guidelines of gating have been met by the Northeast Pennsylvania region as set forth on April 16th by the President’s Taskforce, we are preparing to move into Phase one allowances for outdoor sporting venues for a May 1st, May 2nd and May 3rd  practice plan. 

We are hopeful that the numbers continue in that trend so that phase one will be underway by April 30 and we can resume racing shows shortly thereafter. We have conducted discussions with the local officials and worked together to meet a safe standard as set forth by the Federal guidelines. Of course, as with the weather in Spring, everything is subject to change until practice day.

ATTENTION DRIVERS: We will be allowing up to 50 cars for 5 separate private practice sessions. May 1st will be 5pm to 8pm for modifieds, sportsman, 600 modifieds and juniors. May 2nd will be 2 sessions,11am to 2 pm, for factory stock, street stock, 4 cylinders and wingless sprints. 4pm to 7pm will be for cars that have not had practice times from the first 2 previous  sessions. May 3rd will have a practice at 11am to 2pm for any modified,sportsman,600 modified and junior who has not had a practice session. 4pm to 7pm will have  factory stock, street stock, 4 cylinders and wingless sprints that have not had a previous practice session. If we have openings for Sundays sessions, we will post them on Saturday night at 10pm. Pit Shack will be open 1 hour before session times.
All haulers will enter as normal but will leave the facility on the backstretch lane.
 No more than 5 people per race team which includes the driver. Cost is $100 per team or $20 per person.
 There will be strict rules and guidelines so please pay attention. 
This will be  reserved practices only - you will need to RSVP via email to penncanspeedway@gmail.com  and which session and time you want. First come first reserved only. Once spots are reserved, we will notify you.  No exceptions can or will be made.
 There will be no admission for teams not pre-approved for a time slot.
Below are the guidelines:
1. Penn Can Speedway  requires that ill individuals avoid attendance. We are mandating that all individuals wear facial coverings at all times. We may instill temperature checking, if necessary.
2. This is a closed practice and the pits are the only facility that will be open. No concessions or grandstand will be available.
3. There is a maximum of 50 race cars per session and  are only allowed 5 people total per car that is required to have a 1,000 s.f. space – We will be parking teams to maintain all requirements per mandated guidelines.
 4. Each team must stay in their area and must use social distancing maintaining 6 feet apart from others whenever possible.
5. There will not be any personal vehicles allowed in the pits to park or drop off items.
Please note that we will be enforcing these rules in a strict manner. Do not try to take advantage of the rules and ruin it for everyone.
No teams or individuals that are not pre-cleared will be allowed entry.
Timing is planned to be active for multiple practice laps in each 3 hour session. We are working on fuel and parts being available but be prepared that it may not be.
Reminder - attendance is purely voluntary. No different from any other event, pit waivers and technical inspections will be mandatory.
There will be no fans and no food/concessions.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, no rain said:

Any updates on this yet?

No new updates on the Penn Can site however I saw that Genesee Speedway has the same thing listed on their website for a practice on May 2.

I like how they are trying to do something while also trying to be as safe as possible. There will be people who well show up and be a pain. But as long as Penn Can Officials stick to their guns no one has a right to complain about it. Rules are very straight forward and at the same time they are being very fair and giving everyone a fair chance at practicing. 

On 4/21/2020 at 10:35 PM, RJO said:

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE AND IS OPEN TO ALL CARS WITH ROLL CAGE

Based on expectations that CDC guidelines of gating have been met by the Northeast Pennsylvania region as set forth on April 16th by the President’s Taskforce, we are preparing to move into Phase one allowances for outdoor sporting venues for a May 1st, May 2nd and May 3rd  practice plan. 

We are hopeful that the numbers continue in that trend so that phase one will be underway by April 30 and we can resume racing shows shortly thereafter. We have conducted discussions with the local officials and worked together to meet a safe standard as set forth by the Federal guidelines. Of course, as with the weather in Spring, everything is subject to change until practice day.

ATTENTION DRIVERS: We will be allowing up to 50 cars for 5 separate private practice sessions. May 1st will be 5pm to 8pm for modifieds, sportsman, 600 modifieds and juniors. May 2nd will be 2 sessions,11am to 2 pm, for factory stock, street stock, 4 cylinders and wingless sprints. 4pm to 7pm will be for cars that have not had practice times from the first 2 previous  sessions. May 3rd will have a practice at 11am to 2pm for any modified,sportsman,600 modified and junior who has not had a practice session. 4pm to 7pm will have  factory stock, street stock, 4 cylinders and wingless sprints that have not had a previous practice session. If we have openings for Sundays sessions, we will post them on Saturday night at 10pm. Pit Shack will be open 1 hour before session times.
All haulers will enter as normal but will leave the facility on the backstretch lane.
 No more than 5 people per race team which includes the driver. Cost is $100 per team or $20 per person.
 There will be strict rules and guidelines so please pay attention. 
This will be  reserved practices only - you will need to RSVP via email to penncanspeedway@gmail.com  and which session and time you want. First come first reserved only. Once spots are reserved, we will notify you.  No exceptions can or will be made.
 There will be no admission for teams not pre-approved for a time slot.
Below are the guidelines:
1. Penn Can Speedway  requires that ill individuals avoid attendance. We are mandating that all individuals wear facial coverings at all times. We may instill temperature checking, if necessary.
2. This is a closed practice and the pits are the only facility that will be open. No concessions or grandstand will be available.
3. There is a maximum of 50 race cars per session and  are only allowed 5 people total per car that is required to have a 1,000 s.f. space – We will be parking teams to maintain all requirements per mandated guidelines.
 4. Each team must stay in their area and must use social distancing maintaining 6 feet apart from others whenever possible.
5. There will not be any personal vehicles allowed in the pits to park or drop off items.
Please note that we will be enforcing these rules in a strict manner. Do not try to take advantage of the rules and ruin it for everyone.
No teams or individuals that are not pre-cleared will be allowed entry.
Timing is planned to be active for multiple practice laps in each 3 hour session. We are working on fuel and parts being available but be prepared that it may not be.
Reminder - attendance is purely voluntary. No different from any other event, pit waivers and technical inspections will be mandatory.
There will be no fans and no food/concessions.

It seems that Land of Legends laid out a format several tracks are getting behind to try and take a step forward. I like it.

• Like 1

Governor Wolfe has said no spectator sports until  the earliest July 23rd

• Sad 1

Penn Can is a go for practice this weekend. Fans allowed to watch with masks.

• Like 3

did a drive by today about 5 pm  couldn't stop. about 20 fans in the stands and 40 cars in lot.

What I gather from listening to a couple different interviews with different track promoters. And reading some interviews on the net as well as AARN.

There is NO State Law(s) that says tracks can not open?

Looks like Penn Can is a go for this Friday per their Facebook page.  Pappy Beavans Memorial 40 laps for the mods.  Looks like I get to make the trek down to my old Friday night home.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BRP7N said:

Looks like Penn Can is a go for this Friday per their Facebook page.  Pappy Beavans Memorial 40 laps for the mods.  Looks like I get to make the trek down to my old Friday night home.   

Fans allowed to attend. Must be wearing a mask to enter doesn’t say you have to keep it on after you enter. 

35 minutes ago, RJO said:

Fans allowed to attend. Must be wearing a mask to enter doesn’t say you have to keep it on after you enter. 

I wore a mask at Penn Can long before anyone heard of corona virus.  Would not bother me one bit to do it again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Thinking of heading there and support the new promoter, unfortunatly weather looks poor. They have a Rain Date for Saturday, but that does not look promising either. If they were to push till Sunday, weather looks much better.  No one else is racing in the area, so I would think Sunday could be an option ? 

21 minutes ago, jodyr said:

Thinking of heading there and support the new promoter, unfortunatly weather looks poor. They have a Rain Date for Saturday, but that does not look promising either. If they were to push till Sunday, weather looks much better.  No one else is racing in the area, so I would think Sunday could be an option ? 

I am on the fence about it as well.  Hopefully the forecast changes?   It is a little over 2hr ride for me. 

With a better forecast I would be all in though

Anybody have word of any invaders heading south to Penn Can  from central NY or Capital District area?  Im thinking about taking a ride down.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:01 AM, leroy said:

I am on the fence about it as well.  Hopefully the forecast changes?   It is a little over 2hr ride for me. 

With a better forecast I would be all in though

I was thinking about heading north also however it has been raining on and off since 11:00 this morning here in Easton.

Forecast for Susquehanna Depot, PA is rain today and tonight, sunny tomorrow with a 55% chance of Thunderstorm in the afternoon.... per Accu-Weather.

If they don't get it in.. The predictions have changed for tomorrow with only a 10% chance of rain.

But both Accu and Weather Channel have rain in the area and for the rest of the night.. 

But hopefully its not.. 

1 hour ago, NO Sail Panels said:

PACKED PITS

Saw a post saying 36 mods and 50+ sportsman in the pits. Hot laps on the tracks.

16 minutes ago, RJO said:

Saw a post saying 36 mods and 50+ sportsman in the pits. Hot laps on the tracks.

haven't lost the track.

thinking another 1/2 hr will be ready to roll.. 

then hopefully no issues as we go, no curfew..

decent crowd too.