Sign in to follow this  
jwin

Return to Racing Calendar

I whipped up a calendar with the WoO Sprints, Late Models and Lucas Oil LM shows that have been announced along with NASCAR and Selinsgrove, in case anyone's interested.  Nice to see Lucas putting theirs for free on FB live.  Grey boxes are ones that I don't think are 100% confirmed yet, but at least this is better than nothing in the interim.  

Obviously there's other events out there but I'm not sure they'd be of a ton of interest in our area.  

(And I would expect a few cancellations i.e. Stateline/Genesee for the WoO LM)

PDF Calendar May-June

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 5/3/2020 at 11:28 AM, jwin said:

I whipped up a calendar with the WoO Sprints, Late Models and Lucas Oil LM shows that have been announced along with NASCAR and Selinsgrove, in case anyone's interested.  Nice to see Lucas putting theirs for free on FB live.  Grey boxes are ones that I don't think are 100% confirmed yet, but at least this is better than nothing in the interim.  

Obviously there's other events out there but I'm not sure they'd be of a ton of interest in our area.  

(And I would expect a few cancellations i.e. Stateline/Genesee for the WoO LM)

PDF Calendar May-June

Your calendar is awesome. Are you going to keep it updated ?

3 hours ago, racermurray said:

Your calendar is awesome. Are you going to keep it updated ?

Thanks!  Yes, I've made some revisions with the WoO announcement today and added a few others.  Any cell that is shaded in grey hasn't been confirmed.  Days that are white have at least one (if multiple races that day) that has been confirmed.  Now all we need is some good weather!

Return to Racing Calendar - Updated 5.5.20

Selinsgrove not looking likely...

UPDATE: Speedway received a call last evening from the PA Dept of Community & Economic Development with an order to shut down the race, per Office of the Governor. State reps have been working to uphold the approval that was granted by DCED to run the race. Decision coming.

https://twitter.com/RaceSelinsgrove/status/1258530986528083968

Revised to remove tomorrow night at Lucas Oil Speedway as it's just a practice and doesn't appear they'll stream it. 

Still a little skeptical on Port Royal and Selinsgrove. 

Return to Racing Calendar - 5.10.20

44 minutes ago, jwin said:

Revised to remove tomorrow night at Lucas Oil Speedway as it's just a practice and doesn't appear they'll stream it. 

Still a little skeptical on Port Royal and Selinsgrove. 

Return to Racing Calendar - 5.10.20

As of 5/10 Selingsgrove in Snyder county is in a yellow phase and Port Royal in Juniata county is in a red phase.

Just seeing Lucas Oil  has cancelled this week at Wheatland due to weather and added another day on to Golden Isles and East Bay.  I'll post another updated version in a couple days so I don't have to keep redoing it every day.  Sigh.

Cuomo just announced that three regions will begin opening back up on Friday....one of those is the Mohawk Valley.....that is where Fonda Speedway is, so I'm wondering how that will affect their opening up soon.....the other two regions are Finger Lakes & Southern Tier....hopefully thinggs are looking up for Land of Legends, Outlaw Thunder Mt, Skyline, Afton & Five Mile

4 hours ago, racer80 said:

Cuomo just announced that three regions will begin opening back up on Friday....one of those is the Mohawk Valley.....that is where Fonda Speedway is, so I'm wondering how that will affect their opening up soon.....the other two regions are Finger Lakes & Southern Tier....hopefully thinggs are looking up for Land of Legends, Outlaw Thunder Mt, Skyline, Afton & Five Mile

Unfortunately I still think those phases are a little ways away. Hope I’m wrong!

4 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Unfortunately I still think those phases are a little ways away. Hope I’m wrong!

Recreation is phase four and each phase has to have a minimum of two weeks before moving to the next one.  So if I'm doing the math correctly, that'd be July 15th-ish at the earliest. 

This is also in the plan released: 

Additionally, when phasing-in reopenings, regions must not open attractions or businesses that would draw a large number of visitors from outside the local area.

There is, unsurprisingly, a significant demand by people right now across New York and our neighboring
states to gather and enjoy each other’s’ company. While people should be able to have fun, facilities or
events that attract hundreds of people from outside the region pose a significant public health danger as
we try to carefully reopen. These places should be closed and events should continue to be postponed or
cancelled until the threat of COVID-19 has subsided.

Not getting my hopes up. 

Did see where Magnolia Speedway is hosting a Thursday night race that will be on Floracing this week, though. I'll take whatever I can get at this point.  Will upload a revised calendar in another day or two. 

Phase 3 says “large gatherings” but I’m not sure what they consider “large” that’s for June 15th

8 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

Phase 3 says “large gatherings” but I’m not sure what they consider “large” that’s for June 15th

Must be different versions of the reopening plan going around - phase 3 in this doc on page 31 says restaurants and food services.  

NY Forward Reopening Guide

What I saw on 6 oclock news tonight had entertainment listed in Phase Four for the Finger Lakes Region.  I am assuming that means race tracks?

7 minutes ago, leroy said:

What I saw on 6 oclock news tonight had entertainment listed in Phase Four for the Finger Lakes Region.  I am assuming that means race tracks?

Phase 1  Construction Manufacturing Wholesale Trade Select Retail for Curbside Pickup Only Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing

Phase 2 Professional Services Finance and Insurance Retail Administrative Support Real Estate, Rental, and Leasing

Phase 3 Restaurants and Food Services

Phase 4 Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation,  Education

I can't imagine racing or any sport fitting in anything other than phase 4, but that language I posted earlier still makes me think it'll be a stretch for anything with spectators for a while. 

I might be wrong but I thought I read drive inns were in phase 1? Either way I gotta believe there is gonna be a huge renewed interest in them with however few are left. I only know of 2, perry and Avon.  I don't think it'll much matter if they ain't showing new movies either. 

11 hours ago, dan dan said:

I might be wrong but I thought I read drive inns were in phase 1? Either way I gotta believe there is gonna be a huge renewed interest in them with however few are left. I only know of 2, perry and Avon.  I don't think it'll much matter if they ain't showing new movies either. 

There are quite a few drive-ins around yet. There’s one outside of Auburn. One in the Fulton area. There’s still one in my hometown area (Nelliston/Palatine Bridge) in operation. It’s been there my whole life. There’s another in Vail Mills (outside Amsterdam) with 2 screens. There’s also a drive-in on Route 9 Malta, not far from the track.

Here’s a website for drive-in searches.

https://www.driveinmovie.com/mainmenu.htm

Bradford is supposed to run June 7. Cars from a fair amount of tracks are invited. Features only. 

51 minutes ago, dan dan said:

Bradford is supposed to run June 7. Cars from a fair amount of tracks are invited. Features only. 

Fans allowed or no?

Updated to: 

Add Magnolia Late Models tomorrow (Thursday) night
Remove Selinsgrove from this Friday

If anyone sees that Bradford on June 7 is streaming, let me know and I'll add that in a future version. 

Return to Racing - 5.13.20

Says pits 35.  Grandstand 14.   8 and under free. If you look it up you have look at Bradford speedway. Not old Bradford speedway. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2020 at 4:08 PM, jwin said:

Updated to: 

Add Magnolia Late Models tomorrow (Thursday) night
Remove Selinsgrove from this Friday

If anyone sees that Bradford on June 7 is streaming, let me know and I'll add that in a future version. 

Return to Racing - 5.13.20

You can delete Port Royal  , it's a no go

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1