15 hours ago, jwin said:

Back on topic, saw this video post - this was last night at St. Francois County Raceway in Farmington, Missouri... look at all the cars lining the road. 

https://www.facebook.com/jordan.merseal/videos/10220562596550349/

Apparently packed grandstands, not social distancing.  Obviously this is the same state as Pevely which is hosting several events this month.  You have to hope this doesn't set things back.. Kenny Dobson (Jacksonville Speedway) tweeted: Unpopular opinion. If you are lucky enough to have a track in a state where you can race with restrictions. At least make an effort to follow them. Other states won't trust the industry with any amount of leash. And other tracks in your state will pay the price later. and Way too many pics of full grandstands coming out of Mo this weekend. (Not talking about Pevely).  There are some really cool events that have the green light to race in coming weeks. Please don't blow it on the first weekend.

Johnny Gibson quote tweeted him and echoed the sentiments.  I'm sure the night was a home run for the track but they should hope this doesn't have negative repercussions. 

Unpopular opinion?

Hopefully this sets things forward! 

We have gone backwards far enough 

Maybe some other state leaders will get their head out of their ass.

• Like 1
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any chance at all that one of you guys that want to keep the circular arguement about politics going could be bothered to start a thread specifically for that so the rest of us don't have to read all

No matter what I say in reply here, you're only going to find fault with it. There was a time when I actually cared about that, so I'm not even going to try. Everyone affiliated with managing thi

Not wanting to get into a pissing match on a Internet forum? How's that working out for you? You do it in almost every thread. 

13 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Kinda like Jimmy Kimmell posting a doctored video in an attempt to smear the Vice President.....his video got millions of views.....people went nuts over it.....once it was proved incorrect and was a lie....his apology was seen by about 5000 people and was not reported by most media outlets. 

I mean it was still a staged publicity stunt. The boxes were empty. Pence was just joking about carrying them

46 minutes ago, leroy said:

Unpopular opinion?

Hopefully this sets things forward! 

We have gone backwards far enough 

Maybe some other state leaders will get their head out of their ass.

I will be at Raceway 36 next Monday for the WOO late model race and like Leroy says hopefully it will be the first of many races for me this year at many different tracks in many different states. Hopefully I will be in NC for the STSS race next week also.

13 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Nope. The best ever nope, but to try and make it seem like it hasn’t been very good is just as disingenuous. Many of us were doing very very well for the last 3 years. According to some pharmaceutical companies, his timeline may not be incorrect. Your issue is you listen and interpret what you want to hear, not what is actually said.

I beg to differ. Best ever should mean best ever, and not good. Two different things entirely. One statement is simply not true or in his case it is a lie. I never said it wasn't a decent stock market.  I just pointed out the false and misleading information that is continually coming out of his mouth. It is very simple to fact check it all with data that exists. As I mentioned. Look at the returns for 2018. ALL negative. The markets lost money. Nobody can dispute that. You cant change or manipulate that. It is a fact.

11 hours ago, Pinesol said:

The economy was booming for who? Why are so many people claiming unemployment and going bankrupt after 2 months?

That is a very good point that they do not want to talk about. But it is common sense. If things were so great why has it all been demolished in a couple months? We all know what the answer is. 

11 hours ago, rpm72x said:

You honestly can’t understand why so many have filed for unemployment? When most of the country was told to shut down? We have no idea the bankruptcy rate at this point, but if you run a business based on public consumption and your bills don’t stop but income does for 2-3 months it will be tough to continue. That doesn’t mean the owner or employees all go broke and file bankruptcy. That may mean the owner doesn’t want to go broke keeping something afloat. 

Maybe myself along with a large number of people I know live in a bubble that has done well the last few years. Maybe president Trump hand selected some of us and decided to make things better for us. In that case thank you President Trump, you have my vote in 2020! 

I have heard liberals cry about money/working for years, better pay, equal workplace rights, better working environments, more environmental restrictions, higher taxes for the wealthy, cut down corporate America, punish the rich for living the American dream, equal financial distribution....etc etc. Maybe if they spent less time bitching about what others have and more time figuring out how to accomplish it on their own, the economy would be great for everyone. 

Sorry, but in a so-called booming economy, successful business should have plenty of cash on hand to weather 2 bad months. Where did all their money go in this greatest economy ever? What a joke! The Con Man strikes again.

• Sad 2

Any chance at all that one of you guys that want to keep the circular arguement about politics going could be bothered to start a thread specifically for that so the rest of us don't have to read all the bullshit in case there might be a small reference to something that might have to do with the topic?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
15 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I bet they won’t joke about sleepy joe. Bill Maher went on a rant the other night and basically said that even if he did sexually assault Tara Reid she should have kept her mouth shut a few extra months. Her problems should not exceed the problems many are facing now. Could you imagine if a republican or a Trump supporter went on TV and said the same thing. The left wing media would have that person fired and publicly stoned to death. All of the movie stars and celebrities can spout off from their soap box, like they are social leaders. It’s easy when your rich and have nothing else to worry about. If you gave them all an option to end all social/sexual/and racial injustice but in exchange they all had to do manual labor and bust their ass to make it, they would all tell you to go to hell they are staying rich. 

This isn’t a joke. Whether it be Biden and the allegation against him or Trump and the 25 allegations against him, sexual assault isn’t a punchline. But again, as I have said before, how in a country of nearly what, 375,000,000 people, can these be the two choices? This really is the equivalent of asking whether you’d prefer a broken leg or a sunburn. The answer is neither but one is clearly less inconvenient than the other. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dan dan said:

Any chance at all that one of you guys that want to keep the circular arguement about politics going could be bothered to start a thread specifically for that so the rest of us don't have to read all the bullshit in case there might be a small reference to something that might have to do with the topic?

LOL...great idea but it seems collecting unemployment and stimulus checks is more important to some people than their freedom to go to a dirt track race or simply get a haircut.  I'm done waiting on the NY racing scene for this year, I don't think it's happening.  Info on track openings in neighboring states would be helpful. 

7 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Sorry, but in a so-called booming economy, successful business should have plenty of cash on hand to weather 2 bad months. Where did all their money go in this greatest economy ever? What a joke! The Con Man strikes again.

"The Con Man" strikes again. Well...… that didn't take long for the name calling to begin. I've noticed that rpm72 keeps his cool and refrains from using name calling. That gives his post more credibility in my opinion. Of course, I'm a bit biased...… but you get the idea of what I mean.

7 hours ago, dan dan said:

That's a good idea. We need an "off topic" or "anything but racing" or ……… where those that wish can have at it when discussing non-racing topics. They still must be somewhat civil however.

I'll admit, it is somewhat entertaining following the banter between "the two", but this is a racing forum.

We should all go  dirt  I racing like outlaws.How much is one of them rigs cost? I watched some outlaw I show from fla earlier this year it wasn't too bad really. never rains,its never dusty, and if you crash car you can get back in!

1 hour ago, atlkevin said:

LOL...great idea but it seems collecting unemployment and stimulus checks is more important to some people than their freedom to go to a dirt track race or simply get a haircut.  I'm done waiting on the NY racing scene for this year, I don't think it's happening.  Info on track openings in neighboring states would be helpful. 

Did you not comprehend what I said? I could give a rats ass about going to a dirt track of having some big boobed blond shove them in my face while cutting my hair, I own clippers it can be done at home.  If you don't have clippers and only have scissors, you tube it, with a stroke of luck you may be able to figure it out.  All your post was for was to keep the political bullshit going. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, dan dan said:

Did you not comprehend what I said? I could give a rats ass about going to a dirt track of having some big boobed blond shove them in my face while cutting my hair, I own clippers it can be done at home.  If you don't have clippers and only have scissors, you tube it, with a stroke of luck you may be able to figure it out.  All your post was for was to keep the political bullshit going. 

If you don’t give a shit about going to the races, why are you asking for any information on a racing forum. You don’t give a rats ass about dirt racing, and you have a problem with big boobs in your face.....don’t matter which political party you align with, your on the wrong website.

I don't give a shit about going to races at the moment. I'm one of the people that don't want to catch the FAKE virus that most of you think has taking our rights away and all the other political crap you and others find neccassary to keep going in every thread. I have health issues. I would much rather see my daughter graduate next year and go on to college and have grandkids that to go flop my ass on a bleacher at the moment than to go watch a frigging race. Is that to much to comprehend or do you need to throw policts into this as well? And if not getting a haircut  is ruining your day, well don't  know what to tell you other than put a hat on. 

What information did I ask about?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bob Krummel said:

"The Con Man" strikes again. Well...… that didn't take long for the name calling to begin. I've noticed that rpm72 keeps his cool and refrains from using name calling. That gives his post more credibility in my opinion. Of course, I'm a bit biased...… but you get the idea of what I mean.

Soory.. my mistake for not being clear. Im not referring to rpm72 when I say Con Man. There is only one almighty Con Man. The one who ran away today at his press conference because he cant answer questions. I respect rpm72 and if you look at posts im not into name calling like Donnie does on twitter. And Bob, I also respect your posts even though we disagree. I really mean that. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

4 minutes ago, dan dan said:

I don't give a shit about going to races at the moment. I'm one of the people that don't want to catch the FAKE virus that most of you think has taking our rights away and all the other political crap you and others find neccassary to keep going in every thread. I have health issues. I would much rather see my daughter graduate next year and go on to college and have grandkids that to go flop my ass on a bleacher at the moment than to go watch a frigging race. Is that to much to comprehend or do you need to throw policts into this as well? And if not getting a haircut  is ruining your day, well don't  know what to tell you other than put a hat on. 

What information did I ask about?

You want a separate thread for politics, just in case there is information regarding the original topic. If you don’t care about going racing, there is no thread on this forum going to help you. We talk politics and hopefully racing, you don’t care about either. 

Again your wrong. But you know so much about me. So that makes me wrong right ? You are so smart and know so much, yet you say I don't like racing. Think for just a minute and let it sink in that at the moment racing isn't the top of my list. That don't mean I don't like racing atleast in my simple mind anyway. 

15 minutes ago, dan dan said:

Again your wrong. But you know so much about me. So that makes me wrong right ? You are so smart and know so much, yet you say I don't like racing. Think for just a minute and let it sink in that at the moment racing isn't the top of my list. That don't mean I don't like racing atleast in my simple mind anyway. 

This thread is literally named track shut down by the man....fight the power!. Did you figure there was information in this thread that didn’t involve politics? 

9 hours ago, dan dan said:

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

Did you not comprehend what I said? I could give a rats ass about going to a dirt track of having some big boobed blond shove them in my face while cutting my hair. 

I just read what you said. I didn’t put words in your mouth. You do not care it tracks are open or closed, your not attending. So there is very little your going to find informative in this particular thread. 

Exactly why or how does it matter if they open or closed. Or why I wouldn't care. Open or closed talking about a track, isn't that racing news? Or ain't it complete without your political bullshit?

• Thanks 1

There is a return to racing calendar thread, I doubt it will make much difference to you, but no politics there as of yet.

People wondered why liquor stores were essential. 10 minutes or less here lately itd be rather obvious. 

If anyone ever wondered why I always decided against political talk here, some of you have made it blatantly obvious during this lockdown nonsense. The ONLY reason it is allowed now is because there isn't much else left to talk about. They've taken everything away. But that doesn't mean that the rules of the forum don't still apply.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

If anyone ever wondered why I always decided against political talk here, some of you have made it blatantly obvious during this lockdown nonsense. The ONLY reason it is allowed now is because there isn't much else left to talk about. They've taken everything away. But that doesn't mean that the rules of the forum don't still apply.

Is there a way to get rid of fake screen names? 

Yup. Just wipe the whole slate clean and make people reregister and it could come to that. GT - who has a stake in the site suggested less than a week ago that he was ready to wipe out the forum completely and it could come to that too.