4 hours ago, Joshua Jello Loughnot said:

Is there a way to get rid of fake screen names? 

3 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Yup. Just wipe the whole slate clean and make people reregister and it could come to that. GT - who has a stake in the site suggested less than a week ago that he was ready to wipe out the forum completely and it could come to that too. 

So people will have to provide ID when signing up? LOL

• Like 1
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any chance at all that one of you guys that want to keep the circular arguement about politics going could be bothered to start a thread specifically for that so the rest of us don't have to read all

No matter what I say in reply here, you're only going to find fault with it. There was a time when I actually cared about that, so I'm not even going to try. Everyone affiliated with managing thi

Not wanting to get into a pissing match on a Internet forum? How's that working out for you? You do it in almost every thread. 

4 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Yup. Just wipe the whole slate clean and make people reregister and it could come to that. GT - who has a stake in the site suggested less than a week ago that he was ready to wipe out the forum completely and it could come to that too. 

How can you allow this political talk and two posts later threaten to pull the site down or allow one topic to reach 20+pages and then decide to lock it....it’s always always gonna get out of hand when it comes to red vs blue

Pick a side... either allow it or lock the topic as soon as it deviates from racing

boo hoo there is nothing racing related....so let the racing forum sit idle

• Like 1

I saw a news article which says the PA district attorneys are NOT going to prosecute businesses that open early or violate the governor's executive order.  I hope this means PA dirt tracks will start up soon and without any silly rules.  The patriots have spoken.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Shyglizzy said:

How can you allow this political talk and two posts later threaten to pull the site down or allow one topic to reach 20+pages and then decide to lock it....it’s always always gonna get out of hand when it comes to red vs blue

Pick a side... either allow it or lock the topic as soon as it deviates from racing

boo hoo there is nothing racing related....so let the racing forum sit idle

No matter what I say in reply here, you're only going to find fault with it. There was a time when I actually cared about that, so I'm not even going to try.

Everyone affiliated with managing this website has other things to do than sit here and babysit the bickering like they once did and could. That's how things get out of control for so long these days. We've all got other things chipping away at the time we set aside to be here.

It's gotten so bad over the last year and a half to two years that I practically dread coming here because I know I am going to walk into a shit storm. I volunteer to do this. I get nothing in return other than a bunch of static about how I run the show. And I've caught hell more times than I can count from track owners and promoters who weren't happy about allowing people to voice their opinions. It's a pretty shitty feeling not feeling welcome at those tracks when that conversation is done, let me tell you. And all because I volunteered to let people talk.

Here's an idea... why not start your own racing forum and see how long it takes you as lead moderator to wonder WTF you got yourself into?

• Like 8
28 minutes ago, atlkevin said:

I saw a news article which says the PA district attorneys are NOT going to prosecute businesses that open early or violate the governor's executive order.  I hope this means PA dirt tracks will start up soon and without any silly rules.  The patriots have spoken.

I don't think it matters which color jacket you wear any more - people with red ones are just as upset about being under house arrest as the ones who wear blue jackets are. My girlfriend leans real hard to the left, and she and I agree not to talk politics. But even she smells something fishy going on here.

I would be willing to bet that anyone who opened hair salon or restaurant might not get stood up in front of a firing squad. But you can see this coming...opening day of the 2020 racing season, whenever that is, is going to attract standing room only crowds. I've been wrong before, but somehow I don't think state governments are going to allow groups of 1500 to 3000 people pack a race track without some type of intervention.

I know of a few business of different varieties that have been doing here own thing, despite government orders.  Open different hours than normal for a select few customers.  Maybe they too feel they wont be prosecuted?  I do not know.  But it is their own business how far they want to push it.  Not mine.  

I would go to the race track if I was allowed to.  It is what it is

This morning I buzzed off my hair on my own down to a #1.   Went to Wegmans and picked up prescriptions plus a few items.  It is the usual family circus down there.  Place is jammed full of people . Limited items.  Price gouging in full effect

4 hours ago, John Williams said:

So people will have to provide ID when signing up? LOL

I don’t know how you would do it. But
after reading things over these past 2 months on here. It’s really no different than the previous years. Maybe I’m old fashion, I just like standing behind what I say and not hiding behind a fake screen name... 

Bob Miller,please don't get disgusted,as easy as it could be,most if us appreciate  you for what you do for racing.there would be a big void in the racing community and we wouldn't get a lot of racing news anymore if it wasn't for guys like you volunteering your time,political snowstorm is what red and blue seem to want,we shouldn't play into it with our racing friends.dtd  is an important part of many peoples lives right now,you see stats how many read here.you do a decent job here don't go anywhere.anybody that can should sign up for upcoming Ppv races and support this site.I appreciate what it has done for the racing community,please heads up keep up the good work.thank you,sincerely,ccbcrewchief

• Like 5
7 hours ago, BobMiller said:

No matter what I say in reply here, you're only going to find fault with it. There was a time when I actually cared about that, so I'm not even going to try.

Everyone affiliated with managing this website has other things to do than sit here and babysit the bickering like they once did and could. That's how things get out of control for so long these days. We've all got other things chipping away at the time we set aside to be here.

It's gotten so bad over the last year and a half to two years that I practically dread coming here because I know I am going to walk into a shit storm. I volunteer to do this. I get nothing in return other than a bunch of static about how I run the show. And I've caught hell more times than I can count from track owners and promoters who weren't happy about allowing people to voice their opinions. It's a pretty shitty feeling not feeling welcome at those tracks when that conversation is done, let me tell you. And all because I volunteered to let people talk.

Here's an idea... why not start your own racing forum and see how long it takes you as lead moderator to wonder WTF you got yourself into?

Just a few thoughts:

- why not just make an official announcement that there is no more political references. Maybe designate one thread that's allowed to have anything to do with politics. I found it somewhat entertaining but I'm not the one moderating all the posts either, so I can see your side of it.

The board might be a little dry right now with no racing but it sounds like it would help the staff members at DTD.

- would more volunteers to help moderate help out?

- I'm not sure real names would help. I've seen really heated debates on Facebook.  

- I'd like to think a lot of the traffic generated by this site is because of the forum. So, as much of a pain that it is, would the daily visits/traffic go down? I'm just thinking this could affect marketing dollars.

- I'd be disappointed to see the forum go since there's a lot of good info on here and lots of great shared content that I would have missed otherwise.

With that said, a big thanks to everyone at DTD for putting up with our nonsense at times, giving us this virtual space to hang out, hard work, and countless hours that you give for this site.

• Like 5

Make a political thread and let it run it's course.... it's really entertaining and there's actually some decent info in them. As an outsider reading them, there's been many points on both side that make you wonder...

As long as they act like half civil adults, it's all good.

Name calling gets you booted just like regular. 

• Like 1

Been suggested. No one has done it. Easier I guess to put it in almost every other thread. 

9 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I don't think it matters which color jacket you wear any more - people with red ones are just as upset about being under house arrest as the ones who wear blue jackets are. My girlfriend leans real hard to the left, and she and I agree not to talk politics. But even she smells something fishy going on here.

I would be willing to bet that anyone who opened hair salon or restaurant might not get stood up in front of a firing squad. But you can see this coming...opening day of the 2020 racing season, whenever that is, is going to attract standing room only crowds. I've been wrong before, but somehow I don't think state governments are going to allow groups of 1500 to 3000 people pack a race track without some type of intervention.

LOL..blue jacket?  You mean all of Hollywood?  Bill Mahr?  The blue jackets are very happy about all this chaos. I hear another $1200 check is in the works as part of another $3 TRILLION stimulus.  As for NY, we're not racing because of our governor plain and simple.  Yep, it's political

• Sad 1

The issue is Mr. Miller is that when things are new and small they are more appreciated. As they become more popular and bigger. They draw more types of people. Good and Bad. You've had to of seen this with certain race promoters, tracks, and series. 

Just last week Mr. Mallet and others were basically being attacked on their business model on streaming races. Totally uncalled for of course. Because if they didn't start their streaming site. Would we have been able to see the great shows that we were able to only because of them?

The bigger you get the more people want you to offer more for less. If you take away this forum I would foresee a descent decline in hits to the front page. When I originally came to this site I didn't even realize it had a forum. I read it for years without knowing about it. The link was called something like Dirt Talk for Dirties or something. When I found the forum I actually found it almost more informative then the front page. What it was and what it is now is greatly different. And I actually enjoy even more of what it has become. I do miss some of the talent that use to be with the site. But they seem to pop up every now and then. And I got to see them on MavTV now, which is cool to see they are doing so well. 

The worst thing I might of done is actually joined the forum. I read it for years. Obviously I'm a very opinionated person, but I love to do factual research and compare opinions. I think I've learned more about racing from this forum then any of the 40+ years of races I've gone to, or magazines I've read, or shows I've watched. I've never been very much of what you would call mechanically inclined or experienced. I learned to change my own oil and tires before I could get my permit. I've even changed my own brakes. But I get so fascinated reading the in's and out's of racing on this forum. How series works, how tracks work. 

On another point I don't think there is a single track promoter who wasn't trying to do the best they could. And all of them make mistakes. And very few people can really appreciate what they are trying to do. Even the ones that really shouldn't of tried to do it in the first place. I can understand track owners and promoters getting upset in reading negative comments. But that is part of the business now.  They need to appreciate both the bad and the good that is said about how the track is run or is doing. They need to learn the difference between constructive criticism and just people who are just are what we call Trolls who just like to hate. I think with every complaint you need to look at it and see if it has any warrant. And always remember the people posting never know all the circumstances behind what they are saying. And always remember the positive remarks and opinions, and take those to heart. But if there are enough criticisms you need to look at them closely, don't look at them as negative. Look at them as if they are more like breadcrumbs or clues to something you made need to look at. But always remember you will never ever make everyone happy. If your having good turn outs in the pits and stands, you know you are doing something right.

Same goes with this forum, especially this forum. Imagine how many complaints Facebook gets every 10 minutes. I be that is more then dirttrackdigest.com has received in it's existence. Big difference here is we know who owns the site. We know they not only read the forum but are a big part of it.  I beg them to not take the criticisms and negative comments so personally. Same with Mr. Miller, for someone who says they are getting sick of the forum. But who has given how many years of his free time to it? Since it's existence? You have stayed. And from what I've read 99% of the people who use the site and this forum respect you and the owners of the site. Lately it has been worse, and I directly blame the Covid Crisis. I've been one of the worst offenders, trying to argue my facts and opinions vs other's. We are all very stressed, very very stressed. And its not going to be over. But I think now, the users (like myself) on this site really need to step back. Take a big breath and/or a good walk. Clear our minds. And realize that one of the reasons we are able to get through the days is because of all our love of this website. 

• Like 6

Jack --

You are 100% right on. Like any form of participation-based social media, it is easy to get drawn into the drama. I was getting to the point where I dreaded to see what was being posted on the forum and 99% of it was not about racing. It was not pleasant for me. I think everyone was pretty burned out on it.

And then I decided to take a step back from the discussion part and trying to just ignore stuff that infuriates me ... lots of people are never going to look at the world the way I do.

But any of us here, regardless of how we look at the world, can enjoy racing.

So I'm going to try to keep it at that for the most part and stay out of the alternative discussions ... unless something just hits a nerve. But I am going to make a conscious effort to dial it back.

• Like 1
On 5/12/2020 at 6:06 PM, atlkevin said:

LOL..blue jacket?  You mean all of Hollywood?  Bill Mahr?  The blue jackets are very happy about all this chaos. I hear another $1200 check is in the works as part of another $3 TRILLION stimulus.  As for NY, we're not racing because of our governor plain and simple.  Yep, it's political

This, this is what I'm talking about. Mr. Miller was just mentioning a simple thing him and his gf have decided. Wasn't political. But it was how to keep it from making it a problem. He didn't attack either side. Though I'm sure he could if he wanted to. But he took the high road. There are just some people who just can not let it go.  And attack anything that doesn't directly justify their unjustifiable comments. 

altkevin you were the reason I decided to stop discussing anything political on here. Anyone can make a simple comment, sarcastic statement, or just a little funny joke towards a political party or idea, or even just a non-partisan comment for that matter and then just move on. But you seem to have to justify your uneducated opinions upon every topic. No one can make any remark that you do not agree with; and you can not go a single comment without making an attack at anyone or any opinion that doesn't agree with you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
On 5/12/2020 at 8:42 AM, BobMiller said:

Oh, pipe down fatso.

By the way, happy belated birthday.☺️

1 hour ago, oilman said:

Oh, pipe down fatso.

By the way, happy belated birthday.☺️

Who are you calling fatso, Pipe Cleaner man? 

And Happy Belated yourself.

I'll tell you all what the real issue is:  Nobody wants to see the other side's point of view, only their own...happens when there's incidents on the track or off just like it does in every other aspect of life.

I chose to try to be of help in this situation...granted, I haven't gotten very far, but at least I'm trying...and I gotta tell ya, it's super hard to bite your tongue in this day and age on social media...I could be flaming people like Godzilla flamed Tokyo at this point, but it wouldn't solve anything and I'd regret it moments after I did it.

Just my own opinion here:  What we need is an open dialogue and (with input from all sides) a clear, consistent, concise path to allowing our industry to get back to work like other industries have been given...seems that until that happens, not much if anything is going to move forward...and that's what quite a few of us are lobbying for and talking to people about.  Advocating for tracks to 'cowboy up' and open in the face of resistance from local/state officials will only make things worse and could put us in a situation where the state mandates and governs how we handle all aspects of our business...which I'd bet none of us want.

I agree, taking a beat, walking away, and taking a breath are important things to do...my wife's had to remind me of that a few times when I've been ready to go nuclear during this whole process.

These are not easy decisions to make, because the whole is much, much bigger than our small part of it...and it's all connected.

Best I can say is let's think positive, remember the good times, and be ready to support our sport fully and completely when it does return.

Stay healthy everyone.

• Like 5
22 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

This, this is what I'm talking about. Mr. Miller was just mentioning a simple thing him and his gf have decided. Wasn't political. But it was how to keep it from making it a problem. He didn't attack either side. Though I'm sure he could if he wanted to. But he took the high road. There are just some people who just can not let it go.  And attack anything that doesn't directly justify their unjustifiable comments. 

altkevin you were the reason I decided to stop discussing anything political on here. Anyone can make a simple comment, sarcastic statement, or just a little funny joke towards a political party or idea, or even just a non-partisan comment for that matter and then just move on. But you seem to have to justify your uneducated opinions upon every topic. No one can make any remark that you do not agree with; and you can not go a single comment without making an attack at anyone or any opinion that doesn't agree with you.

LOL...someone made a political post and now YOU accuse me of being political?  I guess you think you're way smarter than the people that build the cars, work on the cars and work in the pits and get dirt under their fingernails.  It's a FACT we're not racing in NY because of the governor, why does that FACT bother you so much? None of his edicts are LAWS...when does the legislature get involved, THAT is the democratic process, isn't it?  I've been working throughout this entire "crisis" and I won't apologize because my observations from my day-to-day experiences lead me to a different conclusion. I'd rather be in the pits wrenching and busting tires than getting into a pissing match on an internet forum. Whatever your education cost you, I'd ask for a refund.  It's obvious you got ripped off. 

Not wanting to get into a pissing match on a Internet forum? How's that working out for you? You do it in almost every thread. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, atlkevin said:

LOL...someone made a political post and now YOU accuse me of being political?  I guess you think you're way smarter than the people that build the cars, work on the cars and work in the pits and get dirt under their fingernails.  It's a FACT we're not racing in NY because of the governor, why does that FACT bother you so much? None of his edicts are LAWS...when does the legislature get involved, THAT is the democratic process, isn't it?  I've been working throughout this entire "crisis" and I won't apologize because my observations from my day-to-day experiences lead me to a different conclusion. I'd rather be in the pits wrenching and busting tires than getting into a pissing match on an internet forum. Whatever your education cost you, I'd ask for a refund.  It's obvious you got ripped off. 

Ah so now you admit it. You're just frustrated and need someone to lash out at. We all miss racing, but more of us like to actually look at the facts then just blindly hate on someone because we won't agree with your uneducated arguments. 

As for racing, I have NEVER worked on a race car. I have never even been in a race team garage, accept for a few NASCAR ones. Well basically you either stand behind a window or a rope and just get to look in the garage while they work. I wouldn't know how to set stagger or adjust the cross weight. I don't know the difference between a Tie Rod and a Torsion Bar. I have ventured in the pits many times, but only a hand full of times have I gone  in to the pits for a race. Basically just at Rolling Wheels for the WoO Sprints or URC at Flemington. And if you have actually ever read any of my posts on racing. You will see I never, never talk about set ups or chassis', tires, etc. Unless I'm asking a question about it.  I love racing, I miss racing, but I'm also a logical person. I hate that the only racing I will probably see this year is on my tv. So  you'll never have to worry about me having to correct you on anything race car involved, unless its history. It's not because I know more about it. It's that I do my research. When I joined DTD I knew 99% of the posters on here know probably 110% more then I do about racing. My dad always said if you want to know something you have to listen. Then ask questions. Then research the answers.  I've done that with racing to. I use to read Stock Car and Circle Track all the time too. I would read about the latest setups and new parts and what not. lol But my mind just doesn't work that way. Probably why I didn't decide to become and engineer today. It's good you have a trade that will always be needed and also lets you participate in racing. We are clearly different in how the both of us interact in the world. 

Unlike you I'm not allowed to work right now, not sure if or when I will be able to. Living off my retirement savings right now and I'm only 50. I was studying to get my CDL till they closed that down also. Wanted a good part time job I could do during the summer and I enjoy driving. 

• Like 1

Jack, I am very sorry to hear that you not working, I feel very bad for everyone that's been deemed "non-essential" by the NY governor.  I put the blame where it belongs and that's on ALL these governors that are milking the lockdown for political purposes.  99% of the Boston to NY political establishment takes  cues and talking points from the NY Times.  I've read the paper long enough to know what they're all about.  Ending the lockdown and getting everyone back to work is the best bet to us all getting back to the track so we can enjoy racing.  Anyone who doesn't feel safe can stay home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok ok.. let me catch my breath from laughing so hard. 

What is the personal or political motive behind keeping the state closed? How does that benefit any state or Governor? Anyone with common sense knows that the closings is what is keeping up the jobless rates and record number of unemployment applicants. Bills not getting paid. Food Banks going bare. No Governor wants that, hell Trump doesn't want that either. But no matter what the White House or any State Governor, or Mayor did. It was going to happen. Whether we acted on time (when no one really knows when that even could of been), or acted to late. But the opening part can be done two ways. The right way or the wrong way. Slow and easy in this case for New York is the right way. That doesn't mean its the same for other states who don't have it as bad. I live in Westchester, we will be one of the last places in the State besides New York City to open all the way. New York is starting in the most rural areas of the State first. That's you guys. He could have just made the decision to make the whole State wait till NYC was ready. But he didn't. NYC pays the majority in State taxes. The longer it's closed, the more tax money the State is losing.  Why would a Governor choose to let that keep going if he wasn't worried about lives and people? He gains NO benefit from it. It's not political. It's not financial. It's about saving lives. When you guys get to go to your local races. We will still be wearing masks and gloves and hoping we are able to go to work.  

Racing will resume in New York at some point. Maaaybe this year. Almost certainly next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Ok ok.. let me catch my breath from laughing so hard. 

What is the personal or political motive behind keeping the state closed? How does that benefit any state or Governor? Anyone with common sense knows that the closings is what is keeping up the jobless rates and record number of unemployment applicants. Bills not getting paid. Food Banks going bare. No Governor wants that, hell Trump doesn't want that either. But no matter what the White House or any State Governor, or Mayor did. It was going to happen. Whether we acted on time (when no one really knows when that even could of been), or acted to late. But the opening part can be done two ways. The right way or the wrong way. Slow and easy in this case for New York is the right way. That doesn't mean its the same for other states who don't have it as bad. I live in Westchester, we will be one of the last places in the State besides New York City to open all the way. New York is starting in the most rural areas of the State first. That's you guys. He could have just made the decision to make the whole State wait till NYC was ready. But he didn't. NYC pays the majority in State taxes. The longer it's closed, the more tax money the State is losing.  Why would a Governor choose to let that keep going if he wasn't worried about lives and people? He gains NO benefit from it. It's not political. It's not financial. It's about saving lives. When you guys get to go to your local races. We will still be wearing masks and gloves and hoping we are able to go to work.  

Racing will resume in New York at some point. Maaaybe this year. Almost certainly next year.

How dare you use common sense! Shame on you! Lol.

• Like 2