Let's pretend restaurants are now open for eat in business...

Where is the first place you are going and what are you going to eat?

My first place back here in Florida was IHOP. I took my Aunt out for her 80th birthday. Many restaurants down here have yet to open up the dining rooms. It’s been over 2 weeks and not 1 fast food place has opened their dining room McDonald’s, BK, Taco, K of C . Many of the restaurants are scared because like I had mentioned before the businesses have found that if they do open and get sued their insurance companies have told all businesses they are fully responsible and on their own. Restaurants were only allowed to operate st 25% capacity for the first 2 weeks. Today they went to 50% and gyms opened up. 

I haven't been to Dinosaur Barbeque in about 10 years. My mother also digs the hell out the joint and I told her about 3 or 4 weeks ago how I've had this gigantic craving for ribs, brisket and chicken. She told me last week that since I told her about my craving, that's all she can think about. I think she and I will be having barbeque sometime in the future. 

• Like 1

MMMMmmmmm Dinosaur BBQ.. only place you'll find Business people and Bikers sitting next to each other enjoying great food and a pitcher of beer. Wow.. 10 years for you, over 25 for me.

I could also use some speadies.. No one knows what that is down here. Or a HUGE Blooming Onion.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

I haven't been to Dinosaur Barbeque in about 10 years. My mother also digs the hell out the joint and I told her about 3 or 4 weeks ago how I've had this gigantic craving for ribs, brisket and chicken. She told me last week that since I told her about my craving, that's all she can think about. I think she and I will be having barbeque sometime in the future. 

Go to Bobs Barbecue instead. You will not be disappointed. 

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, toprow said:

In Homer?

I haven't been to Dinosaur in a long time. I wouldn't mind going to the B'ville diner right about now. Or even the Coppertop down the street. Damn, I'm hungry now.

Barado's On The Water in Brewerton... Best food in town... It’s just off swamp rd or what most call rt 37... It sets back off the road towards the lake. When you drive back, you feel like your in the bayou.  It’s not on the water, but it is a marina.... Menu is always changing, but the chef is a master... 5 mins from Brewerton speedway... 

Brother's Trattoria in Beacon NY.  Their veal marsala melts in your mouth.  Like Capt. McCloskey said in 'The Godfather':  "Try the veal, it's the best in the city."   

The Depot in Oneonta for some beers and a platter of Garbage Wings, extra crispy. They’re my favorite wings now that Zebbs in New Hartford is out of business. Their Zebbs Original wings were phenomenal.

5 hours ago, Hibbie said:

Brooks' BBQ in Oneonta

Wow they are still open? We use to go there to eat before we went to the Dark Horse when I would visit my cousin up at Oneonta State. That's back when Oneonta was known as Hell Town and was on the top 10 party schools in the country list.

But back on topic, Brooke's had great Chicken vinegar based BBQ. They would be cooking it right out side when you pulled up. Smelled amazing. The waiting sucked.. was always packed.

There is a really good BBQ dive joint just minutes from the RCR shop.. Probably the best I ever had.

12 hours ago, toprow said:

If I am in the area, I'd stop, but Homer is all of an hour and a half from me - 2 hours from Ma. I can do both Rochester and Syracuse Dinosaurs in under an hour. I usually wait until about 9 - 9:30 to go and ask for a table near the band. Ma is now 80 years old and she listens to classic rock when she drives around in her van by choice. I do have to say... my mom and dad were real cool parents.

9 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Wow they are still open? We use to go there to eat before we went to the Dark Horse when I would visit my cousin up at Oneonta State. That's back when Oneonta was known as Hell Town and was on the top 10 party schools in the country list.

But back on topic, Brooke's had great Chicken vinegar based BBQ. They would be cooking it right out side when you pulled up. Smelled amazing. The waiting sucked.. was always packed.

There is a really good BBQ dive joint just minutes from the RCR shop.. Probably the best I ever had.

We plan our trips back home to see my folks in NY around Brook's.   We'd leave NC around midnight and arrive in Oneonta in time for it to open.   We also buy their sauce online.   

• Like 1

If I’m the Syracuse area for more then one day I always go to Mothers Cupboard for breakfast and enjoy a Frittata. They are a large mix of just about everything. They even have a challenge where you have to eat one that weights six pounds in a certain amount of time.

Mrs. K's Kitchen for Sausage gravy and biscuit. 

I really wasn't looking for suggestions. We've all got our favorite places to eat and Dinosaur BBQ is one of mine. It's the food and music together that makes the Dinosaur what it is, and I prefer Syracuse over Rochester all day long. Same food, same music... just different atmosphere.

On 5/19/2020 at 5:46 PM, dirtroust said:

The brine well eatery in Syracuse , they feature garbage plates , the Rochester plate is awesome , just like the DR !

I will bite.....what is a garbage plate?  

A garbage plate is usually like a assortment of all the top meats and such. Like Ribs, Wings, Brisket, etc. 

At Famous Dave's it actually comes on a real tin garbage can lid. You can get different sizes, for 2, for 4, for 10, etc. 

Usually if I won't get anything smaller then a 8 or 10 person with any more then 2 people.. The smaller ones are never big enough.

There is only one Garbage Plate - the original comes from Nick Tahou's in Rochester. All the rest are imposters. I'm not saying they aren't good and I have eaten a ton of different plates. Gitzi's used to be on Monroe Ave in Rochester and theirs was pretty good. I know around the Rochester area, Nick Tahou's has a trademark on the name "Garbage Plate." Other restaurants serving something similar use names like Trash Plate, Dumpster Plate or Junker Plate.

A plate usually consists of either hot dogs, hamburgers or cheeseburgers on top of home fries, smothered with onions and drowned in a special meat sauce. The meat sauce is what makes the plate. Nick Tahou's uses their very own meat sauce that is awesome and Zwiegel's hot dogs if you choose the hot dog plate.