Just heard that at cmac this summer all concerts have either been cancelled or postponed til next year. 

Will be to some. If it ain't to you why waste your time replying?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dan dan said:

Just heard that at cmac this summer all concerts have either been cancelled or postponed til next year. 

add it to the list. 

A few things off the top of my head ,I might of been interested in.  Geneva Red Wings done for the season. Yates County Fair done.  Ontario County Fair done.

Wonder , will there be a NYS Fair? 

Will there be fans at Watkins Glen NASCAR?

Fans at BILLS game?

• Like 1

Allegheny county fair announced today they done as well. 

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

Allegheny county fair announced today they done as well. 

As if we didn't have enough to worry about with giant murder hornets invading the US and a global pandemic, millions of 17-year cicadas will emerge from the ground this year.

Down here in our area in Eastern PA, all the local towns and cities will not be opening the local pools for the season but today the state announced that all state park beaches will open for swimming on June 6th.

Erie County Fair in Hamburg NY is cancelled (held in August)

Boston had postponed the marathon until September and today announced it is cancelled.  

7 hours ago, leroy said:

add it to the list. 

A few things off the top of my head ,I might of been interested in.  Geneva Red Wings done for the season. Yates County Fair done.  Ontario County Fair done.

Wonder , will there be a NYS Fair? 

Will there be fans at Watkins Glen NASCAR?

Fans at BILLS game?

They can just play there games up in Toronto.. They been trying to buy and move the Bills there for over 20 years.

It pretty much seems to be leaning towards the Rochester red wings are gonna be done for this year as well. Only plus in it I guess is the Minnesota Twins are gonna pay the players thru August and no one will be cut. 

On 5/28/2020 at 11:06 AM, John Williams said:

Not interesting either 😘

It is interesting if you’re in the hotel/hospitality industry that relies on CMAC to put food on the table. 

• Like 1

And although hard to believe to some, there is people that enjoy a concert and not sitting on bleachers huffing in dirt every week. Some folks have more than one interest in life. 

• Like 3

It's been a few years since I've done a concert at CMAC. Last one I went to was in 2011 when I saw Willie Nelson and Levon Helm. Seems like the ones I want to go to are always scheduled on Saturday nights. It sucks that their whole season schedule is canceled though. Every year around the 4th of July, they'd do an awesome fireworks display with the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra. People in the grandstands at Canandaigua Speedway could enjoy that one because you could see it from the track. CMAC and the speedway are just a little over a mile apart. 

Aside of racing, I miss MLB Baseball the most.

Economics here.   Our local high school marching band (just outside of Charlotte NC) receives no money from the school budget.   Everything is fundraising and a membership fee.  The main fundraising for the band comes from beer sales at the local music pavilion where there's a lot of large concerts every summer....just like CMAC.   We staff about 8-12 people depending on ticket sales, and this accounts for about 60% or more of the yearly budget.   This year, there likely won't be any of these concerts.   Meaning a huge budget shortfall for the band.  

However....there may not even be any marching band this coming year.  

Also, I attend a lot of concerts every year.   A lot.  I even travel on planes to see them.   

6 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Aside of racing, I miss MLB Baseball the most.

I hope they can figure out the money and have some sort of season. It would do a lot of people good for them to be able to have some baseball to watch every day. 

• Like 1

Millionaires arguing over a pay cut. To me its simple if you look at it this way, you don't pay a part time employee a full time paycheck . Meaning part time, not a full season. 

• Like 1

Motley crue stadium tour postphoned til 2021.  

The big car show at the fairgrounds as well. 

The way it's going ain't gonna be much different than we got now. Nothing to do except watch cars and utvs drive by and watch grass grow. 😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dan dan said:

Motley crue stadium tour postphoned til 2021.  

The big car show at the fairgrounds as well. 

The way it's going ain't gonna be much different than we got now. Nothing to do except watch cars and utvs drive by and watch grass grow. 😀

It seems my grass is growing very fast this year.....

Does seem like I've mowed more times so far this year. I'm worried about my sons youth hockey.Starts in October and if their planning on a 2nd wave, pull the plug on that. He had a season last year, hate to see that trajectory get stymied. On the other side of that, the kids are right on top of each other in the locker room. Flu ran through the locker room super quick. I imagine this would too

On 6/1/2020 at 12:10 PM, dan dan said:

Millionaires arguing over a pay cut. To me its simple if you look at it this way, you don't pay a part time employee a full time paycheck . Meaning part time, not a full season. 

The disagreement between MLB players and owners is not at all about paying a part-time worker a full-time paycheck. The players already agreed back in March for get paid prorated salaries based on the number of games. A prorated salary is not what the owners want players to accept.

The owners' offer is for a revenue sharing system that that could potentially understate revenue and lead to a salary cap in MLB rather than the free market system now in place.

The owners' proposal would cut salaries to less than a prorated amount. Yes, it is still a hell of a lot of money, but I get why the players don't want to accept an offer than is not a prorated salary based on the number of games.

• Thanks 1

Personally I think salary caps need to used. I'm sorry I just can't see how a guy playing a sport today is making more then the franchise was worth 10 years ago. No one is worth that much money. And who ends up paying? We do, the fans.

The Big 3 sports in the US, are waaaay out of line in pay. 

Hell NASCAR drivers today make much less then the stars of the past 20 years. But it reflects the fan base and the economy. In the big 3 ticket prices are absurd. And every time some "star" decides he isn't making enough money, ticket prices have to go up. 

• Like 4

Ampitheather in Syracuse had last concert cancelled for 2020

I just read an article today that a bunch of the millionaire recording artists like Dave Grohl (who is awesome), Lady Gaga, and Neil Young (Canadian) (but still great). Sent a letter to Congress for funding of the independent music venues that are closing up, some for good.  Now I think this is noble, but then I thought about it. For the amount of money that Congress might think about putting out. These artists could pretty much just pass the hat between them and help pay for it themselves. Hell they actually have more money then our Government. lol

Dave Grohl, Neil Young, Billie Eilish, Lady Gaga and More Send Letter to Congress in Support of Independent Venues Over 600 musicians and comedians add their names

But I could see larger venues trying to dip their hands in the cookie jar like MSG or even Woodstock (which is owned by a very multimillionaire). That place is a huge cash grab. My wife almost bought a tank top there that said Woodstock, till she saw it was priced at $50. For a tank top made in china with simple print and a few beads on it. I walked out laughing. With the money.

Cuomo said U.S. Open tennis tournament at the end of August can be played but without fans.

If no fans for that, what are the chances race tracks can have fans?

22 minutes ago, JAR1972 said:

Cuomo said U.S. Open tennis tournament at the end of August can be played but without fans.

If no fans for that, what are the chances race tracks can have fans?

Not great. Not this year.