For the first time (in a long, long time or ever) could we potentially see a season where no driver reaches 20 wins in a season? The latest projections from our site show that this might be the case. See the attachment below or https://nemodfacts.racestatcentral.com/projections.php.

Have to think one of the biggest factors is the number of races that have been available for drivers to compete in, but also some drivers are off to slower starts than in seasons past. 

Does anyone think someone will get hot and reach the 20 win plateau or are we too far into the season for someone to make it there?

projection.PNG

past seasons.PNG

• Like 1

Some additional information. Matt Sheppard, Stewart Friesen, Erick Rudolph and Mat Williamson statistics for where they were for this date in past seasons. Weblink for Past Season Comparison

As you can see some drivers are not that far behind where they might be on starts, but since "weekly" racing has just started, most of these races have been against each other, rather than competing in separate silos with fewer interactions.

matt.PNG

stew.PNG

erick.PNG

mat.PNG

the season is just starting, really don't think it'll be that hard once weekly tracks open up more.  Williamson, friesen, sheppard, and wight all make it to 20 or more and probably a few others as well...you left larry off the list and he's at 5 or 6 wins already this year as well

• Like 1

Right I do agree that the season is just starting, and the lack of weekly racing is going to play a role in driver's win totals. 

But looking at the previous season's numbers only Matt and a full time Stew are the only ones to significantly go past the 20 win mark.  Most other drivers are only a few over and as you can see most of the drivers are behind where they normally are to date.

100% on Larry, he has the second most wins this year, and has been looking very strong as of late. I have attached his past seasons to date numbers.

image.png.841ba214e8a9f9b00e184e9a7ddf4145.png

Not trying to be facetious here, but a fan getting 20 events in the stands is going to be a task the way things are going right now.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, stratton87 said:

the season is just starting, really don't think it'll be that hard once weekly tracks open up more.  Williamson, friesen, sheppard, and wight all make it to 20 or more and probably a few others as well...you left larry off the list and he's at 5 or 6 wins already this year as well

Depends on how many events happen and how many tracks can prove it’s a worthy business venture for them to hold races without fans.

There is a distinct possibility that fans won’t be happening in NY until August or maybe even at all.

Id like to think we’re going to be in for a lot of racing the rest of the year but I’m not too confident we’ll get there. I’ll take the under that no one ends up getting to 20. Sheppard isn’t going to win 10 races at OCFS with the field they have this year like he was used to at LoL.

Speaking of racing, has there been any announcement from DIRTcar about the SDS?

49 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Speaking of racing, has there been any announcement from DIRTcar about the SDS?

Haven't seen one...Also, was getting curious about Fulton and Brewerton...I don't think I've heard anything about either of those tracks yet. 

9 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Haven't seen one...Also, was getting curious about Fulton and Brewerton...I don't think I've heard anything about either of those tracks yet. 

Nothing directly, but from someone I consider a pretty good source is that neither Fulton or Brewerton will open until fans are allowed in the stands.

• Like 1

I would think Sheppard or Rudolph might get 20 and Friesen would if he wasn't running the trucks. I don't know if Larry will get in enough races but you cant count him out. I think Williamson will really have to get in more starts if he has a chance for 20 wins.

41 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Both have on their Twitter that they will not race without their fans & were hoping for an early July return. This was on June 8th.

• Like 2

I'd guess a couple drivers could if they bounce around and hit as many midweek shows as possible. As far as fans, I'm with bob, it's gonna be tough. 20 is give or take most tracks weekly shows. And I'd guess there will be a lot of drivers in most any class that ain't gonna run 20 shows this year. 

2 hours ago, leroy said:

He may hit 40

I said when the NASCAR fallout was happening, the guys most pissed off about what went on were the sprint car guys he was going to race against all summer. If he was 100% focused on sprint cars and the outlaw tour.....he would make short work of that series over the course of the summer. 

• Like 3

Friessen will get to 20. He's at least 1/4 of the way there now.

It took Kyle a little while to get in the groove. Be interesting to see how the summer plays out. Beating up on the All Stars is one thing, beating the Outlaws at Knoxville is another. Boys on a roll right now.