Sign in to follow this  
tygarl

Bridgeport Grand Opening last night

Holy cow where do I start? The new configuration is very exciting. I'd say it's close to fulton, but banked higher. It's pretty bad ass when street stocks and crates are banging the boards all night long. Modifieds on the track were pretty special. I can't imagine what sprint cars and midgets are going to be like on it. 40 crates, 35 modifieds, and 20 street stocks were on hand last night. They dodged a ran storm right after drivers meeting, and then luckily a big storm cell moving southeast towards the track around 9pm broke up before getting to the river. Ryan Godown picked up the win over Richie Pratt, Danny Bouc, Rick Laubach, and Pauch Jr. Jr came from pretty deep in the field. The top handful of guys were slicing and dicing over the last few laps when there was a yellow with 3 to go. I think once Bridgeport opens up to allow more race fans, the place is going to be damn near full every week. Below is a link to my pictures from last night. 

http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/gallery7/thumbnails.php?album=9210

• Like 3

Watched the modified feature on Flo.  Looks like a very nice facility and they had a really strong field of modifieds.  It's a long way from home, but definitely a track I'd like to get to. 

7 hours ago, Fulbrew said:

Watched the modified feature on Flo.  Looks like a very nice facility and they had a really strong field of modifieds.  It's a long way from home, but definitely a track I'd like to get to. 

I've been to Bridgeport twice now and enjoyed both trips! First class facility that definitely prioritizes the fan experience. 

When I first saw the lay out of the track I wasn't to excited, then the heats started and that went away real fast. Just incredible racing. On restarts you were having guys coming from 6 place running as high as they could in 1 and 2 and just blast by 3 or 4 cars down the back stretch. If you were fighting on the bottom with someone you were going to get passed on the outside. But the inside was still fast out in the open.  There was so much action in all the heats, consi's, and features. There was a hole up high going through turn 3 that took a couple guys out or at least for a wild ride. You couldn't of asked for more from a race track or the drivers. I mean it was a whose who of Pa/NJ drivers. About as star studded a race as you could get. Man I'm still excited 24 hours later. I'll definitely be watching again this Sunday on FloRacing.

I think they have hit a homerun with the new configuration.

• Like 1

I saw a highlight video, the track looks absolutely perfect! I wish it wasn't 8 hours away, I'd love to see it in person. 

The WoO sprint race on the 3/8th track was one of if not the best race on the tour last year. Hopefully the mods can flourish on that setup.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 8:18 AM, tygarl said:

Holy cow where do I start? The new configuration is very exciting. I'd say it's close to fulton, but banked higher. It's pretty bad ass when street stocks and crates are banging the boards all night long. Modifieds on the track were pretty special. I can't imagine what sprint cars and midgets are going to be like on it. 40 crates, 35 modifieds, and 20 street stocks were on hand last night. They dodged a ran storm right after drivers meeting, and then luckily a big storm cell moving southeast towards the track around 9pm broke up before getting to the river. Ryan Godown picked up the win over Richie Pratt, Danny Bouc, Rick Laubach, and Pauch Jr. Jr came from pretty deep in the field. The top handful of guys were slicing and dicing over the last few laps when there was a yellow with 3 to go. I think once Bridgeport opens up to allow more race fans, the place is going to be damn near full every week. Below is a link to my pictures from last night. 

http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/gallery7/thumbnails.php?album=9210

You don't have to imagine how good the sprints will be on the 3/8ths configuration. This is last year's WoO race I mentioned in the post above.