• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I live in MA and our Governor has done a great job. You may not like Cuomo because of what he did to the Fairgrounds but he’s doing what’s best for the health of New Yorker’s even if it’s at the expen

NY, NJ, Mass and CT are the only states in the US that have death rates over 1,000 per million people. The US as a whole is around 400 per million people. NY had an absolutely disastrous response to C

I am considered a high risk for the virus as I am a 3 time Cancer survivor with Diabetes & only one lung......I was at Chatham Speedway in Lousiana for 2 solid weeks in late May around THOUSANDS o

Unless a drastic change happens in the numbers, I don’t see how the event happens without a reduced capacity. Also, will the state potentially cutting the funding from it be the nail in the coffin regardless of whether they could pull it off spectator and social distancing wise?

13 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Unless a drastic change happens in the numbers, I don’t see how the event happens without a reduced capacity. Also, will the state potentially cutting the funding from it be the nail in the coffin regardless of whether they could pull it off spectator and social distancing wise?

Would they even have the event with reduced capacity....

Our current state leader is against 800-1000 fans in the stands at your local tracks.  
Even without the state having to pay for any of it 

No way I see Dirt Week happening 

• Like 1
Just now, Scott Friers said:

Would they even have the event with reduced capacity....

I Doubt that .
WRG put out a statement previously that they would not hold the event without state funding. 

2 hours ago, Outlaw Photos said:

I agree ... it's the next thing to go as it's still state funded...

George, When I was @ Volusia to pick up the trailer & head to Iouisiana in late May I was told that there was a distinct possibility of SDW being moved to Volusia & that we should maybe bring the trailer back there because of it

I heard that Eldora is being considered for SDW 2020 because Florida is currently a mess with Covid 19 and the poor leadership in Florida just doesn’t get it. I would go to Eldora but not Volusia.

13 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

I heard that Eldora is being considered for SDW 2020 because Florida is currently a mess with Covid 19 and the poor leadership in Florida just doesn’t get it. I would go to Eldora but not Volusia.

Eldora had to cancel the Kings Royal.....

36 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

NY is a good example of leadership though. Just saying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, slojunk91 said:

NY is a good example of leadership though. Just saying. 

I live in MA and our Governor has done a great job. You may not like Cuomo because of what he did to the Fairgrounds but he’s doing what’s best for the health of New Yorker’s even if it’s at the expense of local racing...NY is better off than most of the country right now Covid 19 wise at least.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
41 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

I live in MA and our Governor has done a great job. You may not like Cuomo because of what he did to the Fairgrounds but he’s doing what’s best for the health of New Yorker’s even if it’s at the expense of local racing...NY is better off than most of the country right now Covid 19 wise at least.

Wait a minute. Now you want to take covid seriously?

Now you're saying super restrictive measures are a good thing when you drove you and your family all the way from Mass to Florida and back for a family vacation during March at the time the goal was to flatten the curve and stay at home?😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

Wait a minute. Now you want to take covid seriously?

Now you're saying super restrictive measures are a good thing when you drove you and your family all the way from Mass to Florida and back for a family vacation during March at the time the goal was to flatten the curve and stay at home?😂

I’ve always taken it seriously. Obviously my family took the proper measures to stay healthy on our trip...none of us got the virus.

2 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

I’ve always taken it seriously. Obviously my family took the proper measures to stay healthy on our trip...none of us got the virus.

You could've had it and not known it and spread it to all the essential workers in Florida. You could be the reason why Florida is suffering now. 

We don't need the government telling us what to do now. The government told us that the best way to help the country was to stay home during that time period and you didn't. Now you support drastic measures that are costing people their livelihoods by supporting measures that aren't even 100% guaranteed.

I went to LoL on Thursday and I feel fine today. 1000's of people have gone to live races in PA and other states in the last month and there's not people dropping over.

I'm really confused why people are so submissive and being supportive of government dictating what, where, and how they can do things 7 months into this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

We don't need the government telling us what to do now. The government told us that the best way to help the country was to stay home during that time period and you didn't. Now you support drastic measures that are costing people their livelihoods by supporting measures that aren't even 100% guaranteed.

I went to LoL on Thursday and I feel fine today. 1000's of people have gone to live races in PA and other states in the last month and there's not people dropping over.

I'm really confused why people are so submissive and being supportive of government dictating what, where, and how they can do things 7 months into this.

12 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

You could've had it and not known it and spread it to all the essential workers in Florida. You could be the reason why Florida is suffering now. 

I am considered a high risk for the virus as I am a 3 time Cancer survivor with Diabetes & only one lung......I was at Chatham Speedway in Lousiana for 2 solid weeks in late May around THOUSANDS of people NOT wearing masks & was just tested....guess what?......NO VIRUS!.....This shutdown is nothing but a political power grab & an attempt to sccare everyone into submission.....JMO

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

If they shit canned one of the bigger money makers for the state of NY, I can't see how SDW happens on the government dole. I just wish if they're going to cancel it they hurry up and do it so we can plan accordingly. That's vacation time I can use to go to tracks in states that don't suck.

And just for the record... I don't know too many people who don't take Covid seriously. I think all most people want is to make the choice for themselves what's an acceptable level of risk to take. I have seen my parents for a grand total of 4 hours since February. We go to a lot of races, we take a lot of risk in doing so. I am not willing to risk their health just because I am willing to risk my own. So, for those 4 hours I've seen them, it's masks, distance and as little interaction inside the house as possible.

The whole thing is a mess. Some of it is people's stupidity when it comes to how their decisions potentially affect others, and some of it is indeed political agenda. Separating the two is difficult so it mostly gets lumped into one camp or the other.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, valleyfan said:

NY, NJ, Mass and CT are the only states in the US that have death rates over 1,000 per million people. The US as a whole is around 400 per million people. NY had an absolutely disastrous response to COVID including an absurd nursing home policy that led to thousands of deaths. But sure, he's doing fine now....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, con7 said:

NY, NJ, Mass and CT are the only states in the US that have death rates over 1,000 per million people. The US as a whole is around 400 per million people. NY had an absolutely disastrous response to COVID including an absurd nursing home policy that led to thousands of deaths. But sure, he's doing fine now....

Thank you.

4 hours ago, valleyfan said:

What that POS did to the Fairgrounds is the least of the problem in NY although I do miss the Mile.. "He's doing whats best for the health of New Yorker's"and NY is better off than most of the country? That's comical right there.Look at the #'s con7 posted along with the 6100 he put in nursing homes.

1 hour ago, westracing01 said:

If they shit canned one of the bigger money makers for the state of NY, I can't see how SDW happens on the government dole. I just wish if they're going to cancel it they hurry up and do it so we can plan accordingly. That's vacation time I can use to go to tracks in states that don't suck.

And just for the record... I don't know too many people who don't take Covid seriously. I think all most people want is to make the choice for themselves what's an acceptable level of risk to take. I have seen my parents for a grand total of 4 hours since February. We go to a lot of races, we take a lot of risk in doing so. I am not willing to risk their health just because I am willing to risk my own. So, for those 4 hours I've seen them, it's masks, distance and as little interaction inside the house as possible.

The whole thing is a mess. Some of it is people's stupidity when it comes to how their decisions potentially affect others, and some of it is indeed political agenda. Separating the two is difficult so it mostly gets lumped into one camp or the other.

I would plan on going somewhere else that week.  

Screw NYS

3 hours ago, racer80 said:

I am considered a high risk for the virus as I am a 3 time Cancer survivor with Diabetes & only one lung......I was at Chatham Speedway in Lousiana for 2 solid weeks in late May around THOUSANDS of people NOT wearing masks & was just tested....guess what?......NO VIRUS!.....This shutdown is nothing but a political power grab & an attempt to sccare everyone into submission.....JMO

Well, good for you.  I just got over it, today is my first day back to work.  For about a week I felt like i was breathing through water with a truck parked on my chest and my face.  And mine was minor.  If you got the minor case of it that I had you'd likely be dead.      

• Like 2