23 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Source tells me this is the new date being extended. Not 100% sure if true wondering if anyone else heard anything?

Wouldn't be shocked at all. 

Every couple weeks the can just gets kicked a little further down the road.  Must be they feel like extending in small increments is an easier pill to swallow for the masses than telling them to bag any kind of social gathering until after Thanksgiving (at the earliest).

All you need to do is go back to when this all started... They've consistently extended the deadline by 3 or 4 weeks at a time.  I think the first published date was sometime in early June, and it's been 'extended' from there. 

• Like 2

Easier to just extend it every few weeks then to admit A) it’s going yo be a long time and upset everyone or B.) you have absolutely no idea what’s going on so you’re playing by ear 

• Haha 1

The guidelines below apply to non-essential businesses in regions that are permitted to reopen, essential businesses throughout the state that were previously permitted to remain open, and commercial and recreational activities that have been permitted to operate statewide with restrictions. If guidance has not yet been published for your specific industry, but you are permitted to reopen, please refer to the NY Forward Safety Plan template.

Phase Four: All regions of the state have entered Phase 4 of reopening.
  • Higher Education
  • Pre-K to Grade 12 Schools
  • Low-Risk Outdoor Arts & Entertainment
  • Low-Risk Indoor Arts & Entertainment
  • Media Production
  • Professional Sports Competitions With No Fans
  • Malls

Anyone who thinks Cuomo is going to actually allow large gatherings anytime soon even with social distancing protocols in place is crazy. I think the best we can wish for is the beginning of 2021 and that may be pushing it with the way things are playing out in some states. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, brian moore said:

Phase 5 : full scale invasion of all neighbouring states. All race tracks and bars will be closed. 

You're not so far off, The Federal Stormtrumpers are already invading cities. Whole states might be next.

But don't get me wrong, I'm upset with some of this too. It is ridiculous that town pools  have opened, but you can't go to a race track. Race tracks are probably the safest place to be, out in open air, the breeze of the races keeps any stagnant air from being around.  I mean I thought OCFS, Canandaigua, and Fonda were doing really good and trying to do it intelligently.  I feel more safe at a race track then in a grocery store, and that was before virus hit. Even more so now. 

• Sad 1

Racermurray

i was told that one track owner was informed that it was being extended from Aug 2 til Aug 20.

I heard Gennesee was staying closed til the 2 because they were waiting for fans. 

And Chemung opened last Friday with fans and many tracks are still allowing fans in stands. I think I’m the end those following the guidelines are be hurt by those that are bucking the system. This will definitely be a year racetracks will feel for a long time:))

With the heat I forgot, government hoarding coins so you have to use a card so they can track where you are and what you buy!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, dan dan said:

With the heat I forgot, government hoarding coins so you have to use a card so they can track where you are and what you buy!

Couldn't one just use a prepaid visa card instead?

6 hours ago, racermurray said:

Confirmed date for NY fan restriction is now August 20th.

US Canadian border restriction is August 21.

With the latest extension,  no chance Andy will allow tracks to have fans on labor day weekend.  Sadly, this race season is history in New York.

Way back when this started there was a thread and I don't remember name of it, but a bunch of us was guessing dates and month and I'm not sure if anyone guessed past August 

44 minutes ago, dan dan said:

Way back when this started there was a thread and I don't remember name of it, but a bunch of us was guessing dates and month and I'm not sure if anyone guessed past August 

I think we all missed Andy's message back in May when he said the U.S. Open tennis tournament could happen (Aug 31 - Sept 13) but without fans.

13 minutes ago, NHmodfan80 said:

2020 racing season isn’t happening folks. Hate to burst your bubble...  cases are increasing again... let’s hope 2021 is a better year for all.... stay safe. 

it is happening.

just not in NY

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, leroy said:

it is happening.

just not in NY

Exactly right Leroy.   Sad part in all this are the businesses that will never recover from not having any entertainment events this summer.

5 hours ago, dan dan said:

I said tracks would be allowed to race in June and that it was unlikely fans could attend before September. I said it would take owners to get creative to see if there was a business model that might make it all work. The fallout from this pandemic might not be truly known for another year or two. This really has the potential to reform habits and tendencies. 

I think the stock market and politicians are pricing in a vaccine that solves all problems and will be distributed across the world by early November. I don’t think this is how things work. I don’t see such a magic bullet. This is really horrific and I worry about our mental health if this pandemic lasts more then another few months. It hasn’t been bad right now (my life is essentially unchanged) but the colder weather will push us inside and the government subsidies are a double edged sword. They provide short term relief but who is paying for this down the road?

Lots to try and get your head around. Here’s to hoping everyone comes out healthy and financially stable on the other side. Hoping racing gets back to normal if not this fall then next year for sure. 

• Like 3