47 minutes ago, jsw14886 said:

What would make you very happy? Not kidding, I value your insight into the PA racing scene and I’m looking for your opinion on what SDW should look like this year. 

It wouldn’t be a true SDW, just a high paying SDS race in my part of the world as a replacement. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the other hand, in some cases not having it may be the luckiest day of your life!😀

I believe the majority of the blame for no new track next to Brewerton goes to Glenn Donnelly , not Andrew Cuomo . 

Cuomo and many other democrat governors seem to want all family owned businesses to fail. It will be interesting to see how he comes up with revenue to balance his budget next April.

22 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

Big 10 football dwarfs New York dirt tracks in terms of money generated and fan interest and this board still wants to claim that it is only New York dirt tracks being singled out because something, something governor of New York.

It's hard to not to feel that tracks in NY are currently being singled out.  The rules seem so arbitrary.

I can't comment on the rules/restrictions in other states, but race fans are questioning the rules that are set forth by the governor.

•  Why it is okay for bowling alleys and gyms to re-open at reduced capacity with social distancing indoors, but race tracks are not allowed to operate without any fans outdoors (regardless of social distancing)? 
  • Why can the state sponsored air show have drive-in attendance, but dirt tracks cant? 
  • Why has Bethel been allowed to race with fans this season when no other race track in NY has been able to?

I don't blame NY race fans for being upset, when you look at was is, and what isn't allowed in NY there appears to be a fairly clear bias.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, FondaFan16 said:

It's hard to not to feel that tracks in NY are currently being singled out.  The rules seem so arbitrary.

I can't comment on the rules/restrictions in other states, but race fans are questioning the rules that are set forth by the governor.

•  Why it is okay for bowling alleys and gyms to re-open at reduced capacity with social distancing indoors, but race tracks are not allowed to operate without any fans outdoors (regardless of social distancing)? 
  • Why can the state sponsored air show have drive-in attendance, but dirt tracks cant? 
  • Why has Bethel been allowed to race with fans this season when no other race track in NY has been able to?

I don't blame NY race fans for being upset, when you look at was is, and what isn't allowed in NY there appears to be a fairly clear bias.

There's other inconsistencies as well:

- NY is allowing drive-in movies to take place but not drive-in races

- an axe throwing bar can open because of the way the bar filed its paperwork, but a racetrack cannot.

I don't think anyone suggested a conspiracy theory and that other sports are not effected or that nobody in the whole world isn't effected. More that the governor gets to pick and choose what he feels is safe by micromanaging every aspect. Some just seem plain silly. You can throw an axe at a bar but live music is dangerous. OK!

Did anyone stop to think that the restrictions could have eventually been eased a little if Lebanon Valley did not try the "outdoor dining" stunt?  I enjoy going to Valley frequently, but soon as I saw on their website they would going to do that, I knew the state would drop the hammer on them.  Not sure how the track themselves could not figure that out. It's the thing people were talking about in the spring when the season was supposed to start, one track doing something that screws up the season for all the other tracks in the area. Next door Connecticut allowed their tracks to open with 25% capacity. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, racefanvt said:

I think your arrogant governer in NY has a vendetta against racing he already ruined SDW at the Syracuse Mile and then backed out on his promises for the new track next to Brewerton

He needs to go

I believe the majority of the blame for no new track next to Brewerton goes to Glenn Donnelly , not Andrew Cuomo . 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

IMO if Cuomo promises something take it and then make the opposite and that is what you will get.

Cuomo has ruined a lot of great thing in NYS with his ignorant decision making.  The one i will never forget was when he outlawed the trapping of Beavers throughout NYS.  Now take it i dont live in NY but I am a sportsman, besides Racing I love to Fly Fish for Trout. I have been Fly Fishing since Im 6 years old, I have also been tying flies since Im 8 years old.Im 57 now.  

This idiot decides to Screw over a lot of Good People North of Albany.  When he outlawed the trapping of Beavers the people Above Albany had to deal with an OVERRUN of them.  A Lot of roads in UPPER State NY are small back roads and logging roads.  If you know anything about Beavers you will know if there is Water they will find it and they will Dam it up.  Its amazing how fast a Beaver can build a Dam and Flood an entire section of road.  Well A lot of people have built Houses and Cabins on these Back Roads and Logging Roads, especially around St Regis Falls.  It is so bad that a Cabin we used to use up there for fishing happened to be on a Smaller Paved Road that was also a logging Unpaved road about a tenth of a mile off the main road.  Every year after the trapping ban we would have to bust up the beaver dam so we could get through.  Now take it about 30 Houses and Camps were off this road.  We Would bust it up the Night we pulled in and 6 hours later in the Morning it was back up and we would bust it up again and again and again.  I think you get the idea.

Some of the year round residents got tired of this and they LIVE TRAPPED 6 Beavers and drove them to Albany, Released them on Cuomos Land where he lived and within 2 weeks hiis yard was a pond and his basement was flooded.  That was hilarious and it was well deserved.  Instead of listening to the people he just BANNED Beaver Trapping.  He could have put a limit on them, shortened the season, even did a study to see how many were in the Counties or an area, and made laws to control the amount.  But No he knows everything and what he says goes.

This is the same thing he is doing to racing and everything else in the State that he has no interest in.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
18 hours ago, JMB said:

Did anyone stop to think that the restrictions could have eventually been eased a little if Lebanon Valley did not try the "outdoor dining" stunt?  I enjoy going to Valley frequently, but soon as I saw on their website they would going to do that, I knew the state would drop the hammer on them.  Not sure how the track themselves could not figure that out. It's the thing people were talking about in the spring when the season was supposed to start, one track doing something that screws up the season for all the other tracks in the area. Next door Connecticut allowed their tracks to open with 25% capacity. 

Well what your saying would give some credibility to some of the conspiracy theorists out there. no?

I think the bigger problem was that only a few tracks opened up to fans.  All the tracks should of stuck together and opened up at same time. Saying screw the order

Like PA

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, NODOORS said:

Some of the year round residents got tired of this and they LIVE TRAPPED 6 Beavers and drove them to Albany, Released them on Cuomos Land where he lived and within 2 weeks hiis yard was a pond and his basement was flooded.  That was hilarious and it was well deserved.  

Cool story, bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, leroy said:

Well what your saying would give some credibility to some of the conspiracy theorists out there. no?

I think the bigger problem was that only a few tracks opened up to fans.  All the tracks should of stuck together and opened up at same time. Saying screw the order

Like PA

You can't fault the ones that tried the fans deal with whatever they came up with. They trying to make a buck. On the other hand there was tracks sticking to what was allowed. Did the ones doing wrong hurt the rest. Very good possibility. Probaly never know. Had they all stuck together and whipped open gates and let fans in knowing they couldn't. Pretty good chance there wasn't and still isn't any track in ny racing. 

14 minutes ago, dan dan said:

You can't fault the ones that tried the fans deal with whatever they came up with. They trying to make a buck. On the other hand there was tracks sticking to what was allowed. Did the ones doing wrong hurt the rest. Very good possibility. Probaly never know. Had they all stuck together and whipped open gates and let fans in knowing they couldn't. Pretty good chance there wasn't and still isn't any track in ny racing. 

or the other thing.  

Has not seemed to effect our friends to the south any.  All going against an executive order.     At least not yet

Lucky sun of a guns they is 👍

They one with the say so in pa isn't the same one in ny. Although people seem to think he is controlling other states.  Had some tracks not tried the end around, we very well may be able to sit in the stands in  Ny. Don't know and likely none of us ever will. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, dan dan said:

They one with the say so in pa isn't the same one in ny. Although people seem to think he is controlling other states.  Had some tracks not tried the end around, we very well may be able to sit in the stands in  Ny. Don't know and likely none of us ever will. 

Thank Goodness he is not  controlling other States!  😆 👍

Obviously PA does not have the same Governor.🙄

The point was the PA Governor issued the same executive order prohibiting race tracks from opening up to fans.  The promoters  just plain opened anyway.  No run a round.  

Just saying.      Look where they are now?  

• Thanks 1

That's  pretty much what I meant. What some got away with in other states didn't and wasn't gonna happen here. Ain't anybody can really say it's right or wrong. No one knows what coulda happened. Or still could. If you take Florida for example it doesn't seem to have panned out very well for everything getting back to business. Would it have been the same here? Don't know. But myself I think if round 2 can be averted and round one minimized as much as possible. I'll take it. Unless it drastically changes this will be the first time in 49 years I ain't attended a race. 

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, dan dan said:

Also, I can't imagine you make too many friends in Albany when you sue them. Saying that, yes, I understand it was their right to sue.

• Like 2

Imagine the happiest day of your life - getting married - and you get told that its not happening on the day you planned and paid for. Thats the unrelenting evil that this govenor is up to. He had the state appeal to a federal court to get an injunction while they wait for the appeal on the 50 guests at a wedding is heard. Also, no dancing at night clubs, bars, weddings now.  

10 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

Imagine the happiest day of your life - getting married - and you get told that its not happening on the day you planned and paid for. Thats the unrelenting evil that this govenor is up to. He had the state appeal to a federal court to get an injunction while they wait for the appeal on the 50 guests at a wedding is heard. Also, no dancing at night clubs, bars, weddings now.  

There might be a good reason for this.  A wedding in Maine was held a couple weeks ago and they went over the limit.  There are now over 50 COVID cases linked to that reception. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, dan dan said:

On the other hand, in some cases not having it may be the luckiest day of your life!😀

You ain't kidding. 31 yrs too late, lol. What was I thinking. Could've been racing!!

23 hours ago, NODOORS said:

IMO if Cuomo promises something take it and then make the opposite and that is what you will get.

Cuomo has ruined a lot of great thing in NYS with his ignorant decision making.  The one i will never forget was when he outlawed the trapping of Beavers throughout NYS.  Now take it i dont live in NY but I am a sportsman, besides Racing I love to Fly Fish for Trout. I have been Fly Fishing since Im 6 years old, I have also been tying flies since Im 8 years old.Im 57 now.  

This idiot decides to Screw over a lot of Good People North of Albany.  When he outlawed the trapping of Beavers the people Above Albany had to deal with an OVERRUN of them.  A Lot of roads in UPPER State NY are small back roads and logging roads.  If you know anything about Beavers you will know if there is Water they will find it and they will Dam it up.  Its amazing how fast a Beaver can build a Dam and Flood an entire section of road.  Well A lot of people have built Houses and Cabins on these Back Roads and Logging Roads, especially around St Regis Falls.  It is so bad that a Cabin we used to use up there for fishing happened to be on a Smaller Paved Road that was also a logging Unpaved road about a tenth of a mile off the main road.  Every year after the trapping ban we would have to bust up the beaver dam so we could get through.  Now take it about 30 Houses and Camps were off this road.  We Would bust it up the Night we pulled in and 6 hours later in the Morning it was back up and we would bust it up again and again and again.  I think you get the idea.

Some of the year round residents got tired of this and they LIVE TRAPPED 6 Beavers and drove them to Albany, Released them on Cuomos Land where he lived and within 2 weeks hiis yard was a pond and his basement was flooded.  That was hilarious and it was well deserved.  Instead of listening to the people he just BANNED Beaver Trapping.  He could have put a limit on them, shortened the season, even did a study to see how many were in the Counties or an area, and made laws to control the amount.  But No he knows everything and what he says goes.

This is the same thing he is doing to racing and everything else in the State that he has no interest in.  

I agree the trapping ban is kind of mind boggling to say the least. 

The fact that people trapped live beavers and released them on his land is absolutely hilarious. I love it. 

• Like 1