Also at Port last night it was announced that a MAJOR RACING EVENT Will be coming to PORT ROYAL in mid to late October, it was also mentioned that it begins with the word "SUPER".  Port Royal was also mentioned as the MAIN TRACK.  What else could it be besides Super Dirt Week.  The final announcement will be made in the next few days.  Let the Speculation Begin

ALSO ----- Please dont kill the messenger, Im just telling you what i heard 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha, NODOORS... deep breaths, my friend. Nobody said anything about your originally post being concrete. However, you went into a tirade about "Why is it that someone always has to come out with some

...you're gonna regret this post when the announcement comes out. 

What you know today as fact could be tomorrows rumor and could also fall apart in 24 hours thats racing...  

Posted Images

Not looking to kill the messenger! Just haven't had good luck with events this summer so I'm cautious in believing SDW would happen in any capacity. I hope it does and I'd try to get down there for it. Is it possible though that it would only be a SUPER DIRTcar Series race? Maybe Friday, October 9th with the WoO Sprints? Or they move the 305 sprints from Saturday to Friday night and have the mods join for Saturday, October 10th? Excited to see the full announcement! 

I dont know?  It did say "MAJOR EVENT" and the word "SUPER"  so I would imagine that it would SDW.  In the past Sprint Cars were a major attraction at Syracuse during SDW.  Also one of things I really enjoyed was when Sprint Car Drivers were in the final Modified Race and Modified Drivers were in the Sprint Cars.  It was really interesting to watch because you never knew how it would turn out.  I think Pauch Surprised Everyone when he Broke the Mile Speed Record on Dirt in a Sprint Car then won the race.  It was nothing less than spectacular.

Im hoping between Port Royal Williams Grove Selings Grove  and Grandview it can happen They are close enough to travel to and from easily. 

The Tuscarora 50 is the end of Sept and also the last weekend of the  PA State Fair.  What better way to kick off Super Dirt Week than with one of the Most Historic Sprint Car races in the Country.  It is (If you havent ever been) a spectacular race and not one driver in the race that doesnt want their name on the list of winners.  You also have the Williams Grove National Open during that time another, Historic Race, that some people rank up there with the Knoxville Nationals to win.  It would just be fantastic and maybe even alter when and where Super Dirt Week happens for good.

Nothing against NY State but when Syracuse Closed the allure of SDW went away, it just isnt the same.  PA Tracks are historic and IMO are much better prepped and laid out.  Port Royal and Williams Grove are 2 extremely prestigious and historic tracks.  Dirt Drivers want to win there because of their history, more so for Sprint Cars, but Modifieds when raced there are FAST, and most times even faster than in NY State. The racing is GREAT to say the least.

It could work out and if done correctly it could be a game changer from here on in

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Outlaw Photos said:

wait ... what if its the short track super series?  it's still super..... 

REALLY?????  PORT Said "MAJOR EVENT"  I dont think that a  STSS race is a Major Event in NY NJ Or PA.  Hell maybe Im missing something maybe An STSS Race in PA Is like the INDY 500 and is a Major Event.

Why is it that someone always has to come out with some SMART A** Comment about an announcement that was made to maybe bring someones hopes up and have something to look forward too.  Please anyone with an answer, Please explain it to me

Unless Im taking this comment the wrong way, if I am I apologize to you, and its just a misunderstanding

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Outlaw Photos said:

wait ... what if its the short track super series?  it's still super..... 

STSS is scheduled to be @ Port Royal Oct 18.....you could be right George....They are in Georgetown the last weekend in Oct & then I think they go down to Chatham in Louisiana

1 hour ago, NODOORS said:

REALLY?????  PORT Said "MAJOR EVENT"  I dont think that a  STSS race is a Major Event in NY NJ Or PA.  Hell maybe Im missing something maybe An STSS Race in PA Is like the INDY 500 and is a Major Event.

Why is it that someone always has to come out with some SMART A** Comment about an announcement that was made to maybe bring someones hopes up and have something to look forward too.  Please anyone with an answer, Please explain it to me

Unless Im taking this comment the wrong way, if I am I apologize to you, and its just a misunderstanding

I usually post smart a** comments here because my wife doesn't appreciate them anymore like you guys do.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, TRAPPER88X said:

Instead of a Super Dirt week at Port Royal, how about a World Finals format? 

Well believe it or not With the Carolinas in question because of this so called Covid virus, that, in all reality isnt out of the question.  In fact that has been brought up a few time is other venues about "RUMORS" being thrown around.  

1 hour ago, NODOORS said:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, KB19 said:

I dont REGRET anything - Besides if you know something I dont please share it with the group or are you just talking to talk.  You seem to imply you know something but I dont think you know jack S**T 

Maybe you will regret posting just to make yourself relevant because in all reality you have shared NOTHING except to speculate that I may be wrong.  Well because you seem to not be able to comprehend basic reading I will explain it to you in a Dumbed down way.   I passed on an announcement that may or may not be for SDW.   I plainly explained that, to maybe make someone hope that things are getting better.  NOTHING I STATED was concrete but apparently not everyone on this site has, at the minimum a 6th grade reading comprehension level.  Im sorry you didnt understand really I am, maybe you can find a remedial reading course to help you out.  Hell I would even pay for it because it is a shame in this day and age for anyone to not be able to read and understand what they are reading

• Confused 3
4 minutes ago, NODOORS said:

I dont REGRET anything - Besides if you know something I dont please share it with the group or are you just talking to talk.  You seem to imply you know something but I dont think you know jack S**T 

Maybe you will regret posting just to make yourself relevant because in all reality you have shared NOTHING except to speculate that I may be wrong.  Well because you seem to not be able to comprehend basic reading I will explain it to you in a Dumbed down way.   I passed on an announcement that may or may not be for SDW.   I plainly explained that, to maybe make someone hope that things are getting better.  NOTHING I STATED was concrete but apparently not everyone on this site has, at the minimum a 6th grade reading comprehension level.  Im sorry you didnt understand really I am, maybe you can find a remedial reading course to help you out.  Hell I would even pay for it because it is a shame in this day and age for anyone to not be able to read and understand what they are reading

Got some info for ya. I was in the tower on Saturday at port and it was discussed. Someone said "is it super dirt week" that was met with the answer "close but no." Be patient with the announcement. it'll be worth it. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NickF83 said:

Got some info for ya. I was in the tower on Saturday at port and it was discussed. Someone said "is it super dirt week" that was met with the answer "close but no." Be patient with the announcement. it'll be worth it. 

Very Good and Thank You for the info.  So I wasnt out in left field with what i had speculated agan Thank You

Haha, NODOORS... deep breaths, my friend. Nobody said anything about your originally post being concrete. However, you went into a tirade about "Why is it that someone always has to come out with some SMART A** Comment about an announcement that was made to maybe bring someones hopes up and have something to look forward too" (that's your exact quote) after Outlaw made his reply. All I'm saying is when the announcement comes out re-read Outlaw's response,  see if you still think it's a "SMART A** Comment." You're getting plenty of clues on what the actual announcement is going to be... just be patient, settle down, and  stop freaking out at those of us that are giving you clues.

-Yours Truly,

"The Bud King" Kenny Bernstein's #1 Fan that has a 6th grade reading comprehension level and doesn't know jack SH*T

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, racermurray said:

Here’s more fodder for all the rumor mongers , Dean Reynolds was at the Port yesterday ......use your own judgement .

As a spectator.

2 hours ago, racermurray said:

Here’s more fodder for all the rumor mongers , Dean Reynolds was at the Port yesterday ......use your own judgement .

He was also at Airborne last Saturday. 

I've known Dean for years. Well enough to squeeze for inside information and we have traded some now and then. I've pumped him a few times over the last few weeks. He swears he has nothing to give because nobody at WRG is talking. I even put him on the spot and said nobody at WRG is saying anything you can repeat and he said nobody at WRG is talking period. The eye contact told me he was being sincere.

3 hours ago, NODOORS said:

Apparently you haven't been here very long. KB19 doesn't post rumors or gossip. He also knows a ton of drivers personally and gets a ton of inside stories that way. He has earned a ton of respect here by knowing when he can say things and when not to. KB19 is a great source of PA/NJ info.

And just for the record, KB19's real name IS Jack Shit.

• Like 3

STSS is what I've heard. Basically moving the Fonda 200 to Port, or some concoction thereof. 

Doesn't matter. Canceled the camper for SDW. First one I'll miss in 12 years. Might go to Port for the Deyo race though, especially if it's an earlier start that Sunday. I'll have the vacation time to burn.