KB19

Official unofficial Speed Palace 200 pre-entry list thread

I was slowly dying inside not being able to start any lists thus far, so, here we go! Getting a super late start on this, so hopefully I can get it going. I know I've got plenty of people on the "maybe" list that are very doubtful with Lernerville/Grandview/Outlaw all running that same weekend, but I kind of just copied and pasted my SDW notes from last year and added a few other guys off the top of my head. 

100% Confirmed
0 Neal Williams 
02 Cory Costa 
1 Billy Pauch
1 Tyler Dippel
1J Jordan Watson 
1K Rick Laubach
m1 Dave Marcuccilli 
1z Jessica Friesen
2 Billy Van Pelt
2A Mike Gular
2RJ Ronnie Johnson 
3 Mat Williamson
3 Jake Dgien
3D Matt DeLorenzo
3G Brian Gleason
3J Joe Judge 
4 Andy Bachetti 
5* Tyler Siri 
6 Danny Bouc
6 Matt Stangle 
6c Josh Delea 
6H Josh Hohenforst 
9 Brett Tonkin 
9s Matt Sheppard
11 Danny Hieber 
14J Alan Johnson
14w Ryan Watt
19jr Roger Henion Jr
19w Justin Wright 
20 David Schilling
21A Peter Britten
21x Eric Williams 
22 Josh Nobriga
23 Kyle Coffey
23F Tim Fuller 
25 Erick Rudolph 
26 Ryan Godown
26R Corey Cormier
27J Danny Johnson 
28 Mike Trautschold 
30 JoJo Watson 
31 Ryan Riddle 
32 Brandon Grosso
32c Max McLaughlin 
34 Rusty Smith 
35 Mike Mahaney
43 Jimmy Horton
44 Anthony Perrego 
44 Stewart Friesen 
51 Richie Pratt
55 Brett Haas
74 J.R. Heffner 
84y Alex Yankowski 
88c Jared Umbenhauer 
91 Billy Decker 
96 Billy Pauch Jr 
98T Rocky Warner 
99L Larry Wight 
111 Demetrios Drellos
126 Jeff Strunk 
323ov David Van Horn

Unsure/Need to Talk To

X Chad Phelps
02 Roy Bresnahan
06 Larry Mekic 
1x Willy Decker 
3 Justin Haers
5 Nick Rochinski
6D Dillon Steuer 
7mm Mike Maresca
12x Dillon Groover
13 Rick Regalski
B16  Alan Barker 
17 Marcus Dinkins
17 Troy Palmer 
J17 Jeff Heotzler 
19 Jessey Mueller 
20c Craig Hanson
22 Brandon Walters
29 Garrett Krummert 
30 Craig Von Dohren
32H Brian Hitz/Scott Hitchens
34 Dave Constantino
37MD Jeremiah Shingledecker
38 Ryan Susice
42p Pat Ward
46 Jeremy Smith 
49 Billy Dunn
55 Kevin Sockriter
55 Allison Ricci 
59 Ricky Davis 
65 H.J. Bunting
65 Rex King
76 Jimmy Blewett 
91 Carson Wright 
98H Jimmy Phelps 
112 Cale Ross
119 Brian Malcolm 
165 Rex King Jr
234 Adam McAullife
401 Frank Cozze 

• Like 5

Add Billy Pauch Jr to the 100% confirmed list.  Most likely in the 96 car. 

• Like 1

Brett Tonkin and Danny Tyler confirmed 

I'm gonna see what we can do about sending one of our guys pitside tonight at Georgetown to get confirmations.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

remember this is STSS rules so a conventional big block or 358 are not going to cut it. 

I think a conventional BB might be the way to go at Port, given how big it is.

Let's not forget, Stew won the Firecracker 50 at Fonda with a "conventional" Big Block as well, so you don't need to have a big small block to be competitive.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Let's not forget, Stew won the Firecracker 50 at Fonda with a "conventional" Big Block as well, so you don't need to have a big small block to be competitive.

I was just saying the same thing yesterday to somebody. Perhaps give a bit of a weight break to the BB’s to level it out a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

I think they can be competitive, but still think the big small block is the way to go. That's what Perrego used to win the 50 lapper there last march, I'd imagine with Port's tendency to get nice and slick and wide, the spec 358s actually might not actually be a bad option late in the race. Regardless, will definitely be interesting! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KB19 said:

I think they can be competitive, but still think the big small block is the way to go. That's what Perrego used to win the 50 lapper there last march, I'd imagine with Port's tendency to get nice and slick and wide, the spec 358s actually might not actually be a bad option late in the race. Regardless, will definitely be interesting! 

In the 200 maybe but the spec 358s from the way everyone talks on here won't have a chance in qualifying.

Looking and thinking about all the cars that could show up for this race with no SDW and probably now ESW, you could end up with 200+ cars trying to qualify, and then all the Sportsman that you know are going to be there. Where are they going to put all these cars? 

And I'm saying right now, this show will be SOLD OUT before the end of Sept. Where are they going to put everyone for 3 days? This track is right inside the town. There is a lot of space around the track but you start adding all these haulers and campers/RVs. Its going to be crazy. But it will be one hell of a show.

On that note is DTDtv going to have a package for this? pleeeeeeeease?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

In the 200 maybe but the spec 358s from the way everyone talks on here won't have a chance in qualifying.

Looking and thinking about all the cars that could show up for this race with no SDW and probably now ESW, you could end up with 200+ cars trying to qualify, and then all the Sportsman that you know are going to be there. Where are they going to put all these cars? 

And I'm saying right now, this show will be SOLD OUT before the end of Sept. Where are they going to put everyone for 3 days? This track is right inside the town. There is a lot of space around the track but you start adding all these haulers and campers/RVs. Its going to be crazy. But it will be one hell of a show.

I honestly am more expecting somewhere in the 55-65 car range for this show. Still will be a fine field of cars!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Port Royal host a 53k to win 410 show, WoO late models, WoO Sprint Cars, and Lucas Oil late models. I think they can handle a big modified show.

the weekend before this the WoO are at Port Royal. If there was a mid week show at like Lincoln that would be a good week of racing.

• Like 3

If they only get 50 mods, I will be disappointed. I would at least hope for 80 or more. There isn't anything else going on. There also probably won't be a World Finals in NC either by the way things are looking there. This might be one of the only big races this fall.  Even if you didn't get NY guys to come down, you should get almost 50 just from NJ and PA.

Crate Sportsman are racing too so add them in.

30 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

If they only get 50 mods, I will be disappointed. I would at least hope for 80 or more. There isn't anything else going on. There also probably won't be a World Finals in NC either by the way things are looking there. This might be one of the only big races this fall.  Even if you didn't get NY guys to come down, you should get almost 50 just from NJ and PA.

Lernerville has their big end of the season show that same weekend, so, I'd expect most, if not all of the Western PA teams to stay out there. Grandview also runs that night, they have their annual "Mods in the Madhouse" event, this year's format is Triple 20s, so, that'll draw some of the PA/NJ contingent as well. 

Neither will effect most of the big names, but you'll still lose some drivers from that. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KB19 said:

Lernerville has their big end of the season show that same weekend, so, I'd expect most, if not all of the Western PA teams to stay out there. Grandview also runs that night, they have their annual "Mods in the Madhouse" event, this year's format is Triple 20s, so, that'll draw some of the PA/NJ contingent as well. 

Neither will effect most of the big names, but you'll still lose some drivers from that. 

Ouch!!! Yeah that'll kinda dig hard in to the mod count. :(

1 hour ago, Jack Brady said:

I don’t see every Tom, Dick and Harry loading up and heading to this race. Yes the guys that have raced with STSS will show up but the guys that haven’t raced with then I don’t see it because there are just too many motor weight combos and the top guys who have the different combos available to them will be there. The Grandview Big Diamond cars will not fair well on the large track with their motors of course they will probably go to Grandview. No travel costs and no lodging. I really don’t see many if any Western PA cars coming either. There really aren’t many big blocks out that way. I guess time will tell.

5 minutes ago, RJO said:

I don’t see every Tom, Dick and Harry loading up and heading to this race. Yes the guys that have raced with STSS will show up but the guys that haven’t raced with then I don’t see it because there are just too many motor weight combos and the top guys who have the different combos available to them will be there. The Grandview Big Diamond cars will not fair well on the large track with their motors of course they will probably go to Grandview. No travel costs and no lodging. I really don’t see many if any Western PA cars coming either. There really aren’t many big blocks out that way. I guess time will tell.

Just spitballing, but the Grandview/Big D cars that I could see running Port Royal- Laubach, Watt, Pauch Jr.(confirmed), Godown, Kressley, and perhaps Strunk. I don’t know what happened, if anything with Von Dohren and that #30 car, but I thought I remembered the team running a few of the STSS races. With the year that Norm and Howard are having, I don’t see them traveling anywhere.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

Just spitballing, but the Grandview/Big D cars that I could see running Port Royal- Laubach, Watt, Pauch Jr.(confirmed), Godown, Kressley, and perhaps Strunk. I don’t know what happened, if anything with Von Dohren and that #30 car, but I thought I remembered the team running a few of the STSS races. With the year that Norm and Howard are having, I don’t see them traveling anywhere.

This is pretty spot on, Alex Yankowski is the only other driver from there I'd all but guarantee runs Port Royal. CVD is so good at Grandview it'd be hard to see him passing up the Thunder on the Hill show, but, he also does tend to support most of the STSS.

Wasn't CVD at the Bridgeport show? 

And what is Grandview paying for all three 20's compared to the purse at Port Royal?

33 minutes ago, KB19 said:

This is pretty spot on, Alex Yankowski is the only other driver from there I'd all but guarantee runs Port Royal. CVD is so good at Grandview it'd be hard to see him passing up the Thunder on the Hill show, but, he also does tend to support most of the STSS.

Forgot about Mike Gular.....thinking he’s been pretty good during the past year or two in big $ events

4 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Wasn't CVD at the Bridgeport show? 

And what is Grandview paying for all three 20's compared to the purse at Port Royal?

He ran the first few weekly shows at Bridgeport, he's also pretty good friends with Doug Rose (Bridgeport's owner). Believe the 20 lappers are each $2,000 to win. Von Dohren runs the majority of the STSS races, but I honestly can't remember the last time he skipped a shot at Grandview. Most of his sponsors want him there. 

I think Jamie is pretty spot on with the car count.  I think you're going to see the same reasons you always see from drivers as reasons they don't go: 

• Wrong motor combination
  • Don't wanna buy tires
  • Don't think they can qualify (or be competitive)

The days of getting 100+ cars in the modified division are over.  The rules are too fractured. 

65 cars...i believe that there is a weight break for open 358s on the stss ....which are far more motor than a spec head, that combo will be tough to beat if that place gets slick. 

3 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

If I go . I do not care if there are 5 heats or 8.   And they will not start 50 in the feature let alone 80.

I do expect a fine field of quality teams

I think 43 teams showed up for the Fonda 200 last year?

Per my man roaming the pits at Georgetown last night, DTD's own Ken Bruce (I think we've got the same source, GT haha), Anthony Perrego, David Van Horn, Danny Hieber, and Danny Bouc confirmed. 

• Like 1